Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why isn't Spartan charge more disorienting.

OP SwiftMisterBig

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I hate when I Spartan charge someone, and they immediately without hesitation are able to melee me right after. It would be better to just stop running and start shooting. However that defeats the purpose of the charge. I think if your hit head-on, or from the side, (not an instant kill from behind) you should have a slight disadvantage from performing a melee, or shooting for couple of seconds.
spartan charge is already good enough, doesn't need a buff, lmao
I always thruster to the side after Spartan Charging someone and shoot or melee them to finish them off.
are you kidding me ? you know how mad i get when i get spartan charged and thrown back out of melee range so i cant even counter....
dude stop charging people. you are not getting better by just running into battles and charging this is the most noob ability in the game and is way to powerful it makes the melee system so stupid.
What need is make it so the SP consumes your shield. But that just me, I always find it odd to SP a player...only for them to just remain crouched, turn around and melee once for a one hit kill.
I think it needs more knockback too prevent them from instantly pistol whipping you in the face
I think it needs more knockback too prevent them from instantly pistol whipping you in the face
Don't charge people head-on... Maybe shoot them.
This is hilarious. Spartan charge is so op as is. You want to be rewarded even more for running at some one? -Yoink-. I have played a lot and I can only think of a few times I have ever seen Spartan charge used tactically.
I hate when I Spartan charge someone, and they immediately without hesitation are able to melee me right after. It would be better to just stop running and start shooting. However that defeats the purpose of the charge. I think if your hit head-on, or from the side, (not an instant kill from behind) you should have a slight disadvantage from performing a melee, or shooting for couple of seconds.
On the contrary, that's what balances spartan charge. If you can maintain your composure, you can flip the situation to your advantage. Otherwise there's no reason not to spartan charge whenever you can.
Haha I seem to be the only one who supports this so far. Isn't the idea of a spartan charge to give you the advantage over a camping player when you move onto their ground (sprinting)? I think this is a good point seeing as I charge them, they immediately melee back, and then I'm the one disoriented! Lmao it's a strange feature but I can still live with it.
it should be removed altogether from arena. The small motion tracker and small maps make it too op and annoying. Keep it in wz, remove it from arena.
are you kidding me ? you know how mad i get when i get spartan charged and thrown back out of melee range so i cant even counter....
synaps555 wrote:
dude stop charging people. you are not getting better by just running into battles and charging this is the most noob ability in the game and is way to powerful it makes the melee system so stupid.
This^
so frustraiting when your used to playing plats then your matched against a few silvers and they just sprint constantly Spartan changing. Seems to be common in the hallways on rig
Spartan charge is fine by me. Just thrust to the side/jump out the nearest exit and you'll be fine.
hahahah LOL are you kidding me? Spartan charge is by far the most ridiculous ability out of all, its basically a built in noob combo for the real bad players that cant win when its aim vs aim. Also, having the tiny useless radar that we have in halo 5 makes spartan charge even more annoying.

That thing should not even exist, i would burn that thing and throw it in the trashcan if i could.
Based on my experience with the Shoulder Charge in Destiny

No, lmao
It's fine as is
spartan charge is stupid and not a good thing.. OK for the campaign.. but not for multi...
The people who cant counter Spartan charge would get even more annoyed than they are now, Spartan charge is fine it doesn't need a buff or a nerf players just need more situational awareness.

If you charged killed from behind chances are you would have normally been assassinated or gunned down any way, in the end you still die no matter how you look at it. if your charged from the front you have lots of time to kill them.
Wow. I didn't know people had such strong feelings against this ability. Frankly, it only rarely comes in handy. I'm not charging all over the place ,but the once in a while I do use it, I get hit back immediately, which seems disappointing, since it balances the loss of shields- which is also lame, seeing how being run over by the weight of a bus, was just negated by a simple pistol whip. I compare it to being checked in a hockey game. At least you'd be knocked back far enough not to be able to melee. As far as defending it I have no complaints. I've easily boosted away from tackles multiple times. I guess I'll just boost right after checking. Though it seems redundant.
Taylord225 wrote:
spartan charge is already good enough, doesn't need a buff, lmao
LMAO!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2