Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why isn't Spartan charge more disorienting.

OP SwiftMisterBig

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Wow. I didn't know people had such strong feelings against this ability. Frankly, it only rarely comes in handy. I'm not charging all over the place ,but the once in a while I do use it, I get hit back immediately, which seems disappointing, since it balances the loss of shields- which is also lame, seeing how being run over by the weight of a bus, was just negated by a simple pistol whip. I compare it to being checked in a hockey game. At least you'd be knocked back far enough not to be able to melee. As far as defending it I have no complaints. I've easily boosted away from tackles multiple times. I guess I'll just boost right after checking. Though it seems redundant.
Lol, yea. A lot of people dont like the Charge because they are unable to adapt to it. Like you said, defending against it is pretty simple. Just step out of the way, that's why they give you a thrust pack. For all those complaining that it's a "noob combo/instant kill bull -Yoink-", I'd just like to point out that it's no different from turning a corner and getting sniped in the head, or taking a shotgun round in the face. All are avoidable, all are going to happen at one point or another.

OP, as far as changing the charge at all, no I dont believe that would be a good idea. Yes, I get where you're coming from but making the Spartan charge anymore powerful would then make it an unfair move. The ability for the victim to attack you while you "recover" from the charge is what makes the move balanced, and allows them to defend against it (for those of you who seem to have an issue with this) As far as avoiding getting punched after completing it, I think someone mentioned above me that you can thrust sideways, I personally start to back up and try to strafe, giving me time to recover from the charge while throwing their aim off and making the gap bigger.
There's an issue with what your wanting. You want Spartan charge (which completely takes Down your shield after contact) to disorientat people right after making contact. So you hit their shields immediately, then while they're stunned you jay punch them right after because the other player has no defense due to being disoriented. May as well make Spartan charge an instant kill them if that's what you're wanting. Spartan charge is fine as is, it's just an annoying melee variant. It'd be unbalanced if you stun the player cuz then they have no defense right after.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2