Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why People Won't 1v1?

OP xBALLER 4 LYFEx

I'm here to answer that question. You know whenever you're talking trash to another player then you say 1v1 me and the say "it's a waste of my time" or something like that? Well, they're not scared(or at least I wasn't) but they're actually trying to avoid wasting time. Yesterday I was playing Husky Raid and joined a match already in progress. You can see that because of the stats. Not long after I joined I had to go AFK to take care of some business and came back to the game ending. Then this kid messages my saying "you're garbage" so I laughed and said "wanna 1v1 to back it up?". He said "sure" so I asked him if Octagon was alright and he didn't answer so that's what we did.

I mopped the floor with him without even trying. His excuse after the game was "I didn't know the map you're cheating you knew all the spawns" and I'm like how hard is it to learn an Octagon? So to make him happy I put it on Coli and at this point I didn't want to waste much ammo on him so I just used plasma nades. Afterwards he's like "You camper" (I chased him around the map btw feel free to download and watch in theater) "any noob can use plasma grenades" after he tried to use plasma nades and couldn't even hit me. I said "ok another one without plasma nades". He quit before it started. Then he invites me to a game so I join and he puts it on Stasis, really? What kind of 1v1 map? Then he camps in corners and basically melees me to death to get in the lead and leaves the game before I could catch up. Afterwards he's like "you're not good get on my level" and at that time I've been talking to this guy about an HOUR! An hour playing with this kid to prove what? I already knew I was better than him. That's why people like me say "it's a waste of time". Thanks for reading hope I helps someone to understand.
This was a good story/explanation and definitely not a waste of time. Did not expect the twist at the end haha. I was expecting the kid to eventually cave and say your battles were a waste of time. 1v1's aren't generally my favorite mode either.
I have no modicum of respect when it comes to players like these. If anything, they seem to have an overinflated opinion of themselves thinking they're the best of the best when they really aren't. I just avoid 1v1s entirely.

EDIT: In the instance they do message me, I simply reply "Whatever, moving on" to get along with my day and downplay the whole thing with kicked sand.
In my case when I send messages to some kind of people, is when they had the guilty when I lose, like quitters, betrayers, or when they do something really dumb and they deserve a "message", then sometimes but not much, some users said the classic 1vs1, then you think that kind "Player" that made me lose, deserve my time?
My only problem here is with Octagon. It’s... kinda... Octagon. Not very creative. I prefer dynamic battlefields. Otherwise, a 1v1 is fine on occasion. I’m pretty rusty, though.
I get "You're Garbage" messages all the time....mostly because I am xD
But in my defense it's incredibly hard playing from China on Dedicated servers in the US. I guess the player base in Asia just isn't that high.
I have a bit of that. Lately I've avoided 1v1s unless with friends or people that will do it just for fun and to practice some things.

I was waiting for the twist at the end where you get spawn trapped in shotty hall, getting back smacked every time you spawn. Then you said he crouched in a corner.
I don’t 1v1 because I just don’t care about the outcome. Win or lose, that just shows how I played in that particular match, and doesn’t necessarily reflect my skill as a whole. I may absolutely destroy an enemy team in one match, then get mopped the next match by the same team. Everyone has good and bad games. Ultimately I just play to have fun after a long day of work, and 1v1ing a random person on xbl just so they can try to prove an irrelevant point is not what I consider fun

edit: I also rarely trash talk, so kids challenging me to a 1 on 1 is relatively rare.
I don’t 1v1 because I just don’t care about the outcome. Win or lose, that just shows how I played in that particular match, and doesn’t necessarily reflect my skill as a whole. I may absolutely destroy an enemy team in one match, then get mopped the next match by the same team. Everyone has good and bad games. Ultimately I just play to have fun after a long day of work, and 1v1ing a random person on xbl just so they can try to prove an irrelevant point is not what I consider fun
This is very true.
Lol funny story also true enough. I don't do 1v1 simply because if I want to play Mortal Kombat I'll play Mortal Kombat 🤣
I’m more of a team player and don’t enjoy the hide and seek of 1 v1s. Testing if I’m better or worse than another player is what matchmaking is for. Halo is a team/group based game. At 34 I don’t want to waste the time after work In a custom game :)
I always thought people who said that after they talked crap first had fragile egos so I'd laugh it off.
I don't 1v1 because I'm not 12, and don't feel like wasting my time. I play Halo casually and couldn't care less about skill in a video game, so I really have nothing to prove to anyone. But it's still funny to hear angry people freak out, call people "scrubs" and then challenge you to a 1v1. The "trash talk" gamers have is laughable (I put that in quotes because I wouldn't even consider it good trash talk). Let's break it down:

1. Calling someone "kid": I honestly never understood this one. Is it supposed to be an insult? I'm not a kid so it doesn't offend me one bit when someone calls me that.

2. Calling someone a "scrub": This one just makes me laugh because I grew up in the era of Scrubs by TLC. So when someone calls me that in a video game, are they referring to me hangin' out the passenger side off my best friend's ride, tryin to holla at them? If so, well I have my own damn car and the only person I holla at is my wife.

3. Calling someone "garbage" or "garbage player": I guess this one is a better insult than the first 2, but is it really that good? Basically anyone who talks trash in a video game uses those words these days. Come one guys, let's be a bit more creative than calling someone the same thing as everyone else. Back in my day (yes I am old... ok well I'm only 34, but I feel old dammit) you used to have to be creative with your trash talk.
kjbart wrote:
I don't 1v1 because I'm not 12, and don't feel like wasting my time. I play Halo casually and couldn't care less about skill in a video game, so I really have nothing to prove to anyone. But it's still funny to hear angry people freak out, call people "scrubs" and then challenge you to a 1v1. The "trash talk" gamers have is laughable (I put that in quotes because I wouldn't even consider it good trash talk). Let's break it down:

1. Calling someone "kid": I honestly never understood this one. Is it supposed to be an insult? I'm not a kid so it doesn't offend me one bit when someone calls me that.
2. Calling someone a "scrub": This one just makes me laugh because I grew up in the era of Scrubs by TLC. So when someone calls me that in a video game, are they referring to me hangin' out the passenger side off my best friend's ride, tryin to holla at them? If so, well I have my own damn car and the only person I holla at is my wife.
3. Calling someone "garbage" or "garbage player": I guess this one is a better insult than the first 2, but is it really that good? Basically anyone who talks trash in a video game uses those words these days. Come one guys, let's be a bit more creative than calling someone the same thing as everyone else. Back in my day (yes I am old... ok well I'm only 34, but I feel old dammit) you used to have to be creative with your trash talk.
I made a response to a msg once of ' I think mlg is calling you ? . His response' no man I think your mom is calling you ,,,,

you know your getting old as a gamer when the kids don't know what mlg is.
kjbart wrote:

I made a response to a msg once of ' I think mlg is calling you ? . His response' no man I think your mom is calling you ,,,,

you know your getting old as a gamer when the kids don't know what mlg is.
Haha no doubt. And of the course the mom joke came out. A classic response when they don't have anything better.