Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Why So Much Garbage in Gold Packs?

OP JLtheStoneWall

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
I've recently finished Silver Packs, and I've opened about six or so Gold packs thus far. And, really, I don't seem to be getting too much good loot. I got a Banshee Ultra cert, and the Venator armor (I also have Venator Retarius, but no Venator helmets) and that's about it. Money 8s is okay.

This grind is much harder than the Silver Pack grind.

I have spent no money on REQ packs thus far... but it's tempting to drop some cash on these Gold packs...
You'll eventually get better stuff, but it's not going to instantly flip over into all Legendary unlocks once you've completed the Silver REQ packs. It takes some time. Sometimes you'll get lucky, but don't expect every pack to be filled with Legendary items.
Yesterday I opened up a gold pack and got two legendary emblems. Can't be worse than that.
I have spent no money on REQ packs thus far... but it's tempting to drop some cash on these Gold packs...
And now you know why the gold packs are trash. Anything you want will take prohibitively long for the average casual player, so it'll just be easier to buy it. I have purchased every single DLC for a Halo game up until Halo 5. If previous Halos had 3 DLC packs, that's $30 extra for the developer. In Halo 5, that's 10 + 3 bonus gold packs. BUT... The REQ system is so random and unrewarding that I can't justify spending money on them. Every time I buy a gold pack now, I call it a "Disappointment Pack" because I couldn't care less about nearly 300 emblems. You play Warzone Assault for an hour (90 minutes for Arena or regular Warzone), finally earn enough Barbie Bucks® to buy a gold pack, and it's 2 more things you don't care about unlocking and ~7 of the REQ cards are instantly sold back because they are useless at whatever REQ level you need to call them in. So very meh.

Yesterday I opened up a gold pack and got two legendary emblems. Can't be worse than that.
That is the worst. You hear the cheers for the legendary unlock... then you want to cry.
Lol prepare for more venator variants.
You'll eventually get better stuff, but it's not going to instantly flip over into all Legendary unlocks once you've completed the Silver REQ packs. It takes some time. Sometimes you'll get lucky, but don't expect every pack to be filled with Legendary items.
I opened a Gold pack and got a Legendary Emblem and an Ultra Rare Emblem. Is that worse?
I opened a Gold pack and got a Legendary Emblem and an Ultra Rare Emblem. Is that worse?
Yeah, it's worse if you're like me and want armor and helmets.
Yeah, it's worse if you're like me and want armor and helmets.
Ditto. I remember back, months ago, when Pie posted about how he (he, right?) had unlocked Mark IV. Randomly.

So much salt.
WHY SO MUCH GARBAGE IN GOLD PACKS?

Get's literally one of the best vehicles in the game (Banshee Ultra)
I have played casual and still have yet to unlock any manthis.... or any of that cool jazz. I even bought 2 of the car packs... got Warthog veraints.... and 6 gold packs. 3 of the championship skin packs...
I have lost my patients trying to unlock some of the items I would have loved to use since the day halo 5 came out. Then once I get the cert I need to crack more packs to try and get more to use.
Zeezke99 wrote:
WHY SO MUCH GARBAGE IN GOLD PACKS?

Get's literally one of the best vehicles in the game (Banshee Ultra)
I rarely use Banshees. I guess I'll have to try it out and see if it's as good as everyone claims. Banshees make you a huge target, so I don't like them in Warzone very much... They're great in BTB though.
Ultra Banshees are legit.
I've recently finished Silver Packs, and I've opened about six or so Gold packs thus far. And, really, I don't seem to be getting too much good loot. I got a Banshee Ultra cert, and the Venator armor (I also have Venator Retarius, but no Venator helmets) and that's about it. Money 8s is okay.

Don't do it! That's what they want, and that's why they put useless junk in with the good stuff! Just keep playing and having fun, the weapons will come.

Don't do it! That's what they want, and that's why they put useless junk in with the good stuff! Just keep playing and having fun, the weapons will come.
I don't want weapons, I want armor and helmets...

Ideally Mark IV.
If looks could kill, your emblems would be fine weapons. But that is not the case, sadly.

That's what 343i plans on having people do. Please, don't feed them your money.
One of my first gold packs after finishing silvers was the Helljumper helmet. I was so happy to have received it but didn't wear it because I already had my Security helmet, still hunting for the Watchdog skin for it though. After that I got the two new Helioskrill variants, now rocking the Didact's Hand one. However, shortly after that I barely got anything I cared about. Just random armor and emblems. Not even a new loadout yet. I did however get the Arctic Scorpion, so there's that.

The grind for gold packs sucks but in the end it'll be worth it.
oh man, don't spend money-- trust me that is a slippery slope. you get something good so you think, "what's one more?" and it is just downhill from there.
Prepare for the many rocket/guass hog variants.
Open a gold and get two UR emblems.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16