Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Why So Much Garbage in Gold Packs?

OP JLtheStoneWall

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 16
you need to go up slowly in REQ packs
I just want to say thank you to all of the people who have given me advice that I've already followed. It means a lot. I couldn't have gotten this far without you guys.

/sarcasm

Although I do want to legit thank everyone for helping this thread become the #1 most popular thread. That is pretty cool, so.. thanks!
Patience Grasshopper, the good loot will come... eventually.
343 gives you garbage in the gold packs so you want to buy more.... Hence the whole $9.99/pack thing.... They want you to buy more so they can make more.
Req progression ftw
My solution and the only solution is to get silvers until every white, green and blue certification and weapon mod have been unlocked, then move to a 2 silver one gold method to obtain armor and helmets, once done then you may maintain a strict gold pack diet to obtain rare and legendary reqs. in other words your looking at a good 5000 matches before you see any legit progress. Also you must calculate the algorithms are not in your favor. not to mention mostly random.
it takes time all that's left 4 me is ultra rare and legendaries . still waiting for phaeton cert.
Yeah unfortunately the weighting for ultra rares is MUCH higher than legendaries. You'll get there!
You just realized Reqs are garbage.
Gold packs are for scrubs, real men buy bronze packs.
What I do to get good things in gold packs is get 10 thousand req points and spending it on bronze packs. Selling everything I don't need and selling it all on bronze packs until I can't buy anymore bronze packs. After that I buy about 5 gold packs and then doing it all over again. I get a lot of rare, ultra rare and sometime legendary stuff. If anyone read this then try it.
You'll eventually get better stuff, but it's not going to instantly flip over into all Legendary unlocks once you've completed the Silver REQ packs. It takes some time. Sometimes you'll get lucky, but don't expect every pack to be filled with Legendary items.
I opened a Gold pack and got a Legendary Emblem and an Ultra Rare Emblem. Is that worse?
Yes because emblems generally suck. There are a few exceptions though.
It doesn't matter to me
I haven't gotten crap out of gold packs recently, my silver packs have been my producers
Ive come to realize below level 90 its not even worth buying any gold reqs and just sticking to silver
It's all up to rngesus, you're more likely to get ultra rates than legendaries (obviously) so you'll mainly be getting them until you can only get legendaries
I don't know. I've done well with Silver and Bronze so far. It's the higher cost ones that are not on the up and up for me.
I thing so...
When I finished silver and opened my first gold I was lucky and got Helioskrill and a legendary emblem
its al about lucky .. Im finished silver pack one week ago and in my second gold i got the leyendary visor and one assasination.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 16