Why Sprint doesn't belong in Halo

OP WhiteDragon2880

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26
When you look back at the traditional Halo's ex: Halo 3, you already have the perfect formula and everything to map control, gameplay, CQC gunfights. But say you add something else to the formula like sprint. But to keep it from becoming utter chaos you have to stretch areas of the map, which makes the map more open with less cover. But now with less cover you have to give the CQC weapons more range so they won't become useless. Now with the fast movement people would run away from gunfights into a temporary haven, which means you have to lower ttk and increase bullet magnetism so precision weapons won't be impossible to use. Now sprint changes everything to gameplay, CQC gunfights, effecting map control. Now with all these changes a big majority of people feel alienated and complain so the devs can fix the issue. But the other part of the community calls down these people and calls them bungie fanboys and says play the old Halo's. And some are accused of being a hater, but ask yourself this, how can a hater want whats best for Halo, who is worried about Halo, who has passion for it and wants it to be the #1 game in the market. We don't want a Halo 3.5. We want a innovation and out of the box gameplay. Not ideas that come from focus groups. We want 343i do blow our minds or -Yoink-, we crave for something new and want to continue playing that for years. I know it got off topic there but we just miss the old feeling where we know we are going to keep playing this game for years. But with Halo 5 I'm not so sure.
I would hardly say a big majority of people are alienated, at the very most it's a vocal minority. Try not to speak for everyone, I and all my Halo playing mates have loved the series since Halo 3, and not one of us thinks sprint is even remotely a bad thing.
If I want to play a classic style Halo game, I'll play Halo 1-3, I don't want the future of the series to be impacted because of a decision made 15 years ago to sprint. If they hadn't added this to Halo I would have lost interest long ago, the movement is just too slow otherwise for modern shooters
Interestingly enough, I played Halo Reach a little bit yesterday and nearly everyone was using Sprint as their AA.

As far as people on the Internet calling someone a hater. It's the Internet. Just ignore, block/report if need be, and move on. Why do people takes insults from strangers so seriously?

A lot of times you're just being trolled. Why so many people feed trolls I'll never understand.
By the same logic you could say lots of things don't belong in halo like the thruster pack
Yeah I noticed that too, couldn't play it for long though cos MCC and Halo 5 between them have conditioned me to need Halo in 60fps hahah
I'm fine with sprint but Spartan charge is another story
Im agree with OP.
I totally agree with OP. Sprint doesn't belong in Halo.
"how can a hater want whats best for Halo,"

Well, you're opinion, which is highly subjective, is not accurately representative of "what's best for halo"
Why would you want Halo 3.5? Halo 3 was pretty crappy and inconsistent in the Core Gameplay. Dont get me started on the BR spread and Shot Registration.

Halo is fine with sprint. It fits the formula for this game and still feels like a halo game.
Now if you said "The Arena maps are too small for sprint." I'd agree.

Adapt or die buddy
What about the people who love how agile spartans actually are, and dislike how the games have always been less than what the characters can do? The sprint is still to slow, a roll is badly needed instead of adding a thruster that never existed in the firstplace. We dont need spartan tech, we need spartan agility and survivability, the player skill level will adjust to that formula, the only unfortunate issues are reaction time and button mapping.
True true. We don't need sprint to compete with modern shooters. We need good game-play, something that sprint isn't really providing for us right now.
Why would you want Halo 3.5? Halo 3 was pretty crappy and inconsistent in the Core Gameplay. Dont get me started on the BR spread and Shot Registration.

Halo is fine with sprint. It fits the formula for this game and still feels like a halo game.
Now if you said "The Arena maps are too small for sprint." I'd agree.

Adapt or die buddy
We shouldn't have to "adapt or die" that's not how compromise works.
im fine with sprint.....imagine gears of war with no roadie run :(
ChivasUK wrote:
im fine with sprint.....imagine gears of war with no roadie run :(
Gears of War and Halo are completely different and not comparable at all. Not every game needs sprint, period.
Or you can accept the modern shooter and enjoy Halo 5 for what it is, the best Halo multiplayer since 2, maybe period.
Elites don't belong in halo as Halo CE didn't have them.

Brs dont belong in Halo and they were not in CE.

Different armors don't belong in Halo because they weren't in CE

Saying that something doesn't belong because it wasn't in a previous game is a horrible reason.

Not only that but TTK is faster in this and saying "OMG I didn't get this kill!!!1@1@#@@@@" is likewise a terrible reason.

Saying that something doesn't belong because it wasn't in a previous game is a horrible reason.

Not only that but TTK is faster in this and saying "OMG I didn't get this kill!!!1@1@#@@@@" is likewise a terrible reason.
But Elites were fun and good for Halo. The BR was good for Halo. Different armors were good and fun for Halo.

Sprint is not. We don't hate it because we're traditional, we hate it because it sucks the way we have it. If they can't make it work, get rid of it. Simple.

But Elites were fun and good for Halo. The BR was good for Halo. Different armors were good and fun for Halo.

Sprint is not. We don't hate it because we're traditional, we hate it because it sucks the way we have it. If they can't make it work, get rid of it. Simple.
Whos this we?
I recall a ton of hate threads for sprint before the game came out. Then people posting that maybe they were wrong about it. Youtubers giving reasons why its ok.

Its not that it doesn't work. Its that you don't want it too. Personally I find games where there is no sprint boring. And I have played every Halo. Its feels right to me in this game.
Halo needs to ditch the sprinting mechanic.

We don't need to "adapt or die". If you're so adamant that a game can't be good without sprint, then Halo just isn't the game for you. Most of us who have been with the series since the beginning hate this new sped up direction the series has taken. Because 343 feels the need to borrow mechanics from every other game, we no longer have a modern shooter on the market without sprint. There's nowhere for us to go. That's why we're so vocal about getting rid of this -younk- mechanic for Halo 6. If MCC worked like it was supposed to, that would have been a place for us to go. But with 343 showing no interest in finishing their work on it, we're stuck.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 26