3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. ...
  9. 26
Sprint is change, and it's a very good change
stop saying map control its another word for spawn killing.sprint should have been in halo since day one lets not forget your a spartan.just think as a spartan you can do everything but run that would be weird.
thebryon wrote:
Luxfore wrote:
I'd like to point out that they wanted to put sprint into halo 2.
Link
i would also like to point out they scrapped it because they realized sprint sucks for halo.
Ah ;)
Sprint isn't bad for halo
yea i agree sprint should not be in halo bring it back to the classic halo
stop saying map control its another word for spawn killing.
Spawn killing is a form of map control, but map control is a more general term.
Quote:
just think as a spartan you can do everything but run that would be weird.
Or you could run while doing everything.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
stop saying map control its another word for spawn killing.
Spawn killing is a form of map control, but map control is a more general term.
Quote:
just think as a spartan you can do everything but run that would be weird.
Or you could run while doing everything.
I wonder what running while doing everything would be like. They are Spartans so they could use that excuse to keep the accuracy up.
Personally in my opinion, if sprint was taken out it would be a major step backwards.

Objectively it adds to the game. More maneuverability, differentiating tactics, better for gameplay to have different speeds to better mimic situations, and not to mention that it has improved every modern shooter so ignoring it for the sole purpose of not having the same good feature as other games is rather stupid. "It works and is great for other games, so let's be different and make it not so good by not having sprint".

Imagine if Halo 6 came without sprint. It would yet another reason for the game to be panned, not to mention for me it would probably make it far less fun.
You know what doesn't belong in Halo or any game ever created? What they call mini-trasactions.
I've been fine with sprint since Reach, and the TTK is just fine, I think they need to bring back the gun inaccuracy from reach from shooting too much.
Quote:
Objectively it-
No. Just...stop.
Quote:
You know what doesn't belong in Halo or any game ever created? What they call mini-trasactions.
Well, that's off topic. I'd agree that Microtransactions* are almost always poorly executed and a pain in the -Yoink-, but not sure I can say they don't belong anywhere.
Quote:
I've been fine with sprint since Reach, and the TTK is just fine, I think they need to bring back the gun inaccuracy from reach from shooting too much.
It's called "Bloom", and Why?
I have played every Halo game from Combat Evolved up to Guardians. Even though I am pro sprint, being that I think it makes 4 and 5 much more fluid, my favorite core gameplay is Halo 2, and it did not have sprint. Bungie was going to add sprint in Halo 2 but it was cut from the game prior to launch. The animations are still in the PC files if you don't believe me. If they hadn't cut it, we wouldn't be having this conversation. The reason 343 put it in 5 is obviously because there are more people who like it than don't.
champ1295 wrote:
Fully agree it's a cheap tactic.
You can even turn sprint off in settings for Halo 5. PLEASE STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME WITH THREADS ABOUT YOUR DECISION TO LEAVE SPRINT ON.
Are you Yoinking! me? That's an absolute horrible idea! Why on earth should any gun shoot any way other than how it's supposed to?? You are one of those people who don't have the skill set to take down people quickly and want to penalize people better than you JUST because you can't keep up! Go play cod for lack of skill and inaccurate shooting you half a brain noob.
If your going to complain how halo's CE,2 and 3 are better because there isn't any sprint then stop complaining and go play those games! halo 5 and future halo's need sprint to keep up with the fast paced action that the new FPS's have.
You can even turn sprint off in settings for Halo 5. PLEASE STOP WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME WITH THREADS ABOUT YOUR DECISION TO LEAVE SPRINT ON.
How? Turning maintain sprint to "off" is not turning sprint off.
If your going to complain how halo's CE,2 and 3 are better because there isn't any sprint then stop complaining and go play those games! halo 5 and future halo's need sprint to keep up with the fast paced action that the new FPS's have.
First you can't play them on xbox one cuz mcc is still broken. Second halo doesn't need to keep up. True halo gameplay without sprint puts us ahead with everyone else needing to catch up.
Come on, all the sprint threads seemed to have died out. Can we please not have the forums filled with these?
I would hardly say a big majority of people are alienated, at the very most it's a vocal minority. Try not to speak for everyone, I and all my Halo playing mates have loved the series since Halo 3, and not one of us thinks sprint is even remotely a bad thing.
If I want to play a classic style Halo game, I'll play Halo 1-3, I don't want the future of the series to be impacted because of a decision made 15 years ago to sprint. If they hadn't added this to Halo I would have lost interest long ago, the movement is just too slow otherwise for modern shooters
I agree strongly with this. It's absolutely a vocal minority that are anti-sprint. The vast majority don't care, and then there's a probably equal pro-sprint faction in size to the anti-sprint faction.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 21
  4. 22
  5. 23
  6. 24
  7. 25
  8. ...
  9. 26