Why Sprint doesn't belong in Halo

OP WhiteDragon2880

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 24
  4. 25
  5. ...
  6. 26
Sprint works just fine in halo 5. Especially when compared to the Reach and Halo 4 implimentations.

I just watched several hours worth of Halo Championship Series matches, and none of the gloom and doom the folks proffessed about Sprint came to fruition.

You know what what additions were actually bad for halo? Dual wielding, bloom, Armor Abilities, Elites in MP, and loadout, and that was crap that Bungie threw in.

343i brought Spartan Abilities into Halo 5, but balanced them in a way that Bungie would have done back in the halo2 era. They made it fit well within the sandbox.

This is easily the most fun I've had since Halo2, and going back to MCC is now a chore.

also, a lot of what the OP states is just false. Yes the maps are stretched. But there is no reduction of cover, folks are not able to easily flee gun fights by sprinting (being shot cancels sprint), the TTK is not faster than other halo's, auto range was not increased to combat sprint in order to keep from being useless (auto's were useless in every halo prior to H5, long before sprint was ever introduced), the increased bullet magnetism also wasn't introduced to combat sprint (halo's 2-Reach had very high auto aim, the increase in magnetism here allows for controls to feel fluid, without the game having to take control over your crosshairs with Autoaim like in the old games. This makes user input MORE important)
LOL I love when people try to disprove an opinion with an opinion.

Your logic is just as false as the OP. How was dual wielding bad for Halo? How were Elites bad in Multiplayer? I quite enjoyed those elements and Armor Abilities and bloom is still in Halo 5 today.

Some of these things are straight up facts. TTK is MUCH faster than other Halo's. People are able to easily flee gun fights because they can move faster (not only sprinting but thruster packs as well). Automatic weapons have never been useless in Halo, in fact they have been a big part of them since Halo 1 (especially while dual-wielding), they just take an understanding of what situations to use them in. And my friend there is also auto aim in Halo 5. If you want to see it, go into a custom game with a friend and move your curser past them and you will see that it moves towards your opponent.

Please, just stop. Stop stating your opinions like they're facts. Everyone. I love discussing these topics and everyone has the right to voice their thoughts, but please stop pretending your opinion is a fact, unless you can back that up with numbers and citations, etc.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
Objectively it-
No. Just...stop.
Quote:
You know what doesn't belong in Halo or any game ever created? What they call mini-trasactions.
Well, that's off topic. I'd agree that Microtransactions* are almost always poorly executed and a pain in the -Yoink-, but not sure I can say they don't belong anywhere.
Quote:
I've been fine with sprint since Reach, and the TTK is just fine, I think they need to bring back the gun inaccuracy from reach from shooting too much.
It's called "Bloom", and Why?
Bloom should come back, because that puts back a good bit of emphasis towards gunplay. Someone who paces their shots will have a much better chance of taking out an enemy. That would bring back some emphasis to gunplay, as opposed to mobility. Everybody says, "Halo's combat should be about gunplay", so lets bring back some -Yoinking!-' gunplay! It makes sense.
Are you currently on any mind altering substances?
IWI IUI wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
Objectively it-
No. Just...stop.
Quote:
You know what doesn't belong in Halo or any game ever created? What they call mini-trasactions.
Well, that's off topic. I'd agree that Microtransactions* are almost always poorly executed and a pain in the -Yoink-, but not sure I can say they don't belong anywhere.
Quote:
I've been fine with sprint since Reach, and the TTK is just fine, I think they need to bring back the gun inaccuracy from reach from shooting too much.
Bloom should come back, because that puts back a good bit of emphasis towards gunplay. Someone who paces their shots will have a much better chance of taking out an enemy. That would bring back some emphasis to gunplay, as opposed to mobility. Everybody says, "Halo's combat should be about gunplay", so lets bring back some -Yoinking!-' gunplay! It makes sense.
No. I'm sound of mind. You going to treat any fellow Halo players with respect? Because you can no longer expect a lot of respect coming from me. Calm the -Yoink- down, and calmly prove me wrong. Or I'm just going to treat you like an -Yoink--hole, because you're making assumptions about me simply because I have an opinion. Congratu--Yoinking!--lations, -Yoink-.

Explain to me why bloom is bad, and I might take you seriously next time I see one of your posts.
Btw, before you try to flip this around and tell me to calm down, I am completely calm right now. I just don't take very kindly to someone assuming that I'm stupid enough to use mind-altering substances, simply because I brought up what I thought was a good mechanic.
IWI IUI wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
Objectively it-
No. Just...stop.
Quote:
Quote:
No. I'm sound of mind. You going to treat any fellow Halo players with respect? Because you can no longer expect a lot of respect coming from me. Calm the -Yoink- down, and calmly prove me wrong. Or I'm just going to treat you like an -Yoink--hole, because you're making assumptions about me simply because I have an opinion. Congratu--Yoinking!--lations, -Yoink-.

Explain to me why bloom is bad, and I might take you seriously next time I see one of your posts.
You should read the name of the poster before assuming it is the same person that you have been arguing with. It's the same as when you begin a new chapter of a book. You read the title first.

Bloom creates randomness. It's the same problem halo 3 had with bullet spread. Perfect aim is punished and lesser skilled players are rewarded. This drastically closes the skill gap. There is especially no need to do this with a single shot weapon. Single shot weapons already rely on complete precision. There is a reason you don't see it in other successful games. The closest example of this would be the most powerful dmrs from BF3. The only time their spread became great was when they were spammed. The weapons were much more powerful than the halo dmr or h5 pistol though. The degree variance was also much less.

Bloom also slows the game down. This not only encourages trade for trade kills but makes the game stale. Slowing a game down is an effect players should be able to apply when changing strategy or by setting up. Setting such a maximum with bloom cuts off possibilities and makes the game practically unplayable.
IWI IUI wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
Objectively it-
No. Just...stop.
Quote:
Quote:

Crap quoting...

I did on one page back.
T0m00se37 wrote:
Didn't read every post but it doesn't look like anybody can come up with reasons to keep sprint :P
Exactly. Sprint only causes issues. While having no sprint, doesn't cause any issues. It was not needed in the first 3 games and is not needed now.

Sprint has no positive impacts, only negative ones, so get rid of it.
Sprint is one more mechanic people need to learn to use (in terms of when to sprint and not let shields recharge) and increases the skill gap by a bit. Sprint gives the game a much needed burst of life; you need to get places, you can actually really hoof it, and increases player immersion. Before sprint, it was "oh dear, getting shot. Better keep jogging....", which really feels stupid when you go back to play the older games (I still adore them). It lets the Spartan do what the player wanted to do previously, like many of the armour abilities do now - except maybe ground pound (I wouldn't say many thought of that). It makes you feel like it's YOU playing, and so makes the game more immersive, and players are more invested. It's needed because it gives the game a small touch that was missing before, having that degree more control just gives the game a slightly improved feeling.
In the older games, you couldn't sprint, and you either had to fight your way out or get to cover. The good thing was that the maps were smaller and more tightly packed, so you could get to cover without sprinting. But now that sprint has been implemented, everything's spread out and people just run away all the time. And armour abilities are stupid and gimmicky. It feels so cheap getting your shield taken out by spartan charge and then immediately getting shot and dying. And why does every game feel the need to have parkour in it since Titanfall? It feels so unlike Halo.

And whether or not you can sprint has nothing to do with immersion. Why are some people so worried about games being realistic? That's not what makes a fun game. If you want an immersive realistic game play a simulator or a VR game.
T0m00se37 wrote:
Didn't read every post but it doesn't look like anybody can come up with reasons to keep sprint :P
Exactly. Sprint only causes issues. While having no sprint, doesn't cause any issues. It was not needed in the first 3 games and is not needed now.

Sprint has no positive impacts, only negative ones, so get rid of it.
This. ...
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
Objectively it-
No. Just...stop.
Quote:
Quote:
You have lost your darn mind. Let's make guns inaccurate and illogical...for Spartans haha. Bad kids smh
sniper945 wrote:
Why would you want Halo 3.5? Halo 3 was pretty crappy and inconsistent in the Core Gameplay. Dont get me started on the BR spread and Shot Registration.

Halo is fine with sprint. It fits the formula for this game and still feels like a halo game.
Now if you said "The Arena maps are too small for sprint." I'd agree.

Adapt or die buddy
We shouldn't have to "adapt or die" that's not how compromise works.
This isnt something you get to negotiate a compromise on. Its in the game, it stays, deal with it or leave.
IWI IUI wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
Objectively it-
No. Just...stop.
Quote:
Quote:
He obviously is
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 24
  4. 25
  5. ...
  6. 26