2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 26
Your beating a dead horse
I don't like sprint, but I do like the idea of SOME spartan abilities (I despise spartan charge).
themanss22 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Really? *Another* one of these threads?
These threads will continue until we start getting true Halo games again, and not this Halo/modern-shooter hybrid nonsense we've been getting.
Tbh why does it matter if it have sprint or no? If you want to called a true halo game then go play the halo campaign that what make a true halo game, not multiplayers.
Sprinting doesn't belong in campaign either. You can't have it present in one game mode, but missing from the other. It needs removed completely from future games.
Willko wrote:
themanss22 wrote:
Willko wrote:
Really? *Another* one of these threads?
These threads will continue until we start getting true Halo games again, and not this Halo/modern-shooter hybrid nonsense we've been getting.
Tbh why does it matter if it have sprint or no? If you want to called a true halo game then go play the halo campaign that what make a true halo game, not multiplayers.
Sprinting doesn't belong in campaign either. You can't have it present in one game mode, but missing from the other. It needs removed completely from future games.
I don't care if it doesn't have sprint or not. As long as the game is fun and the campaign is not boring then I'm good to go.
When you look back at the traditional Halo's ex: Halo 3, you already have the perfect formula and everything to map control, gameplay, CQC gunfights. But say you add something else to the formula like sprint. But to keep it from becoming utter chaos you have to stretch areas of the map, which makes the map more open with less cover. But now with less cover you have to give the CQC weapons more range so they won't become useless. Now with the fast movement people would run away from gunfights into a temporary haven, which means you have to lower ttk and increase bullet magnetism so precision weapons won't be impossible to use. Now sprint changes everything to gameplay, CQC gunfights, effecting map control. Now with all these changes a big majority of people feel alienated and complain so the devs can fix the issue. But the other part of the community calls down these people and calls them bungie fanboys and says play the old Halo's. And some are accused of being a hater, but ask yourself this, how can a hater want whats best for Halo, who is worried about Halo, who has passion for it and wants it to be the #1 game in the market. We don't want a Halo 3.5. We want a innovation and out of the box gameplay. Not ideas that come from focus groups. We want 343i do blow our minds or -Yoink-, we crave for something new and want to continue playing that for years. I know it got off topic there but we just miss the old feeling where we know we are going to keep playing this game for years. But with Halo 5 I'm not so sure.
True. That's why H5 is the lowest selling Halo title yet.
When you look back at the traditional Halo's ex: Halo 3, you already have the perfect formula and everything to map control, gameplay, CQC gunfights. But say you add something else to the formula like sprint. But to keep it from becoming utter chaos you have to stretch areas of the map, which makes the map more open with less cover. But now with less cover you have to give the CQC weapons more range so they won't become useless. Now with the fast movement people would run away from gunfights into a temporary haven, which means you have to lower ttk and increase bullet magnetism so precision weapons won't be impossible to use. Now sprint changes everything to gameplay, CQC gunfights, effecting map control. Now with all these changes a big majority of people feel alienated and complain so the devs can fix the issue. But the other part of the community calls down these people and calls them bungie fanboys and says play the old Halo's. And some are accused of being a hater, but ask yourself this, how can a hater want whats best for Halo, who is worried about Halo, who has passion for it and wants it to be the #1 game in the market. We don't want a Halo 3.5. We want a innovation and out of the box gameplay. Not ideas that come from focus groups. We want 343i do blow our minds or -Yoink-, we crave for something new and want to continue playing that for years. I know it got off topic there but we just miss the old feeling where we know we are going to keep playing this game for years. But with Halo 5 I'm not so sure.
Source or chart
I think sprint has brought a faster more engaging aspect to Halo. In previous games like 3 the multiplayer was fun for a time but ultimately felt to bogged down. I am not saying Halo 5 doesn't have its issues, but they did do many things right as well and the sprint is in my opinion one of them.
I never liked sprint in Halo. I personally liked the slower-paced style that the original Halo trilogy had and that's why I stick with playing those because that's what I have fun with.
I think sprint has brought a faster more engaging aspect to Halo. In previous games like 3 the multiplayer was fun for a time but ultimately felt to bogged down. I am not saying Halo 5 doesn't have its issues, but they did do many things right as well and the sprint is in my opinion one of them.
I disagree, halo 3 didn't felt bogged down.
themanss22 wrote:
By bogged down I meant it could be more engaging than it was. I want to play a game where you fell like a super soldier and not like a tank. (and yes there is a difference)
themanss22 wrote:
By bogged down I meant it could be more engaging than it was. I want to play a game where you fell like a super soldier and not like a tank. (and yes there is a difference)
Oh my bad. :/

Edit: But still it a fun game. :)
themanss22 wrote:
Source or chart
VgCharts.com and wiki. 2.63 m global to date.
themanss22 wrote:
Source or chart
Lazy link Here you go, but i'm not sure if its physical and digital.
themanss22 wrote:
Source or chart
VgCharts.com and wiki. 2.63 m global to date.
Is that physical and digital, or just physical.
Here we go. We've somehow managed to revive this dead horse (again) and have begun beating it again and it will die again. Whether you think it belongs or not is no longer relevant at this point. It's here. You have two options. You can choose to play or not to play. It's pretty simple, much like many other choices in life.
Cryogeni wrote:
themanss22 wrote:
Source or chart
Lazy link Here you go, but i'm not sure if its physical and digital.
Thank you. Well that explain why the "Sprint doesn't belong in halo" thread keep coming up.
themanss22 wrote:
the movement outside of combat feels sluggish on anything but the smaller maps... this is true or all three original halo games. vehicles help.
Sprinting should remain in Halo because to be fair not everyone just plays one type of shooter game and its hard enough for some people to remember the controls for the current games of Halo, Battlefield, and CoD.
Shango VI wrote:
Sprinting should remain in Halo because to be fair not everyone just plays one type of shooter game and ts hard enough for some people to remember the controls for the current games of Halo, Battlefield, and CoD.
Sorry but that's a terrible argument. People being too lazy to learn the controls for individual games isn't a reason for every shooter to slowly become the same. By that logic Halo should also have controls for going prone, choosing your spawn, etc. so people don't feel "alienated".
Shango VI wrote:
Sprinting should remain in Halo because to be fair not everyone just plays one type of shooter game and ts hard enough for some people to remember the controls for the current games of Halo, Battlefield, and CoD.
Not really, I still remember control in halo 1-3.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 26