Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why Sprint doesn't belong in Halo

OP WhiteDragon2880

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 26
I think this thread should just sputter out and die because its not like they will remove sprint in halo 6 which will hopefully be the last halo.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Shango VI wrote:
Sprinting should remain in Halo because to be fair not everyone just plays one type of shooter game and ts hard enough for some people to remember the controls for the current games of Halo, Battlefield, and CoD.
Sorry but that's a terrible argument. People being too lazy to learn the controls for individual games isn't a reason for every shooter to slowly become the same. By that logic Halo should also have controls for going prone, choosing your spawn, etc. so people don't feel "alienated".
What about the people who don't want to learn the controls in halo 5 Forge?
you do realize that when people say adapt or leave to the new Halos, but then you guys say sprint should be removed completely, you are basically telling them to adapt or leave to the older style.

In my opinion, we are the minority, this old vs new. what 343 should do to see if the masses are still interested in the older style, is make a spin off game with the balance of H5, while using the main movement mechanics of 2/3, maybe some 5 sprinkled in to shake things up a little.
Sprint is the best thing to happen to Halo. Moving at a fixed snails pace is awful. I have no problem getting kills because someone is sprinting. If you do, you suck.
Sprint is alright with me, but I would prefer it have limited sprint instead of unlimited.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Shango VI wrote:
Sprinting should remain in Halo because to be fair not everyone just plays one type of shooter game and ts hard enough for some people to remember the controls for the current games of Halo, Battlefield, and CoD.
Sorry but that's a terrible argument. People being too lazy to learn the controls for individual games isn't a reason for every shooter to slowly become the same. By that logic Halo should also have controls for going prone, choosing your spawn, etc. so people don't feel "alienated".
Yeah, you do have a point. That is no fair excuse for people to forget about the controller scheme for a game.
Sprint is the best thing to happen to Halo. Moving at a fixed snails pace is awful. I have no problem getting kills because someone is sprinting. If you do, you suck.
It's the worst thing to happen to Halo because that's what split the community in the first place and one of the reason why a lot of fans left after Reach.
ZacEfren42 wrote:
Sprint is the best thing to happen to Halo. Moving at a fixed snails pace is awful. I have no problem getting kills because someone is sprinting. If you do, you suck.
It's the worst thing to happen to Halo because that's what split the community in the first place and one of the reason why a lot of fans left after Reach.
Reach still have sprint.
Yeah Sprint needs to go.
themanss22 wrote:
ZacEfren42 wrote:
Sprint is the best thing to happen to Halo. Moving at a fixed snails pace is awful. I have no problem getting kills because someone is sprinting. If you do, you suck.
It's the worst thing to happen to Halo because that's what split the community in the first place and one of the reason why a lot of fans left after Reach.
Reach still have sprint.
I said Reach.
I think the real problem here is that 343i does not realize how many people truly hate the sprint mechanic. I personally do not like it very much in matchmaking because people run away from gunfights and it slows down the gameplay much like Armor lock did. However I'm fine with sprint being in causal stuff like BTB and Warzone. I also think the thruster is alright. If Halo 5 arena removed sprint but kept thrusters then it would be a hell of a lot more competitive. Right now HCS is a joke. Sitting there watching naded and snipedown sprint at each other with assault rifles is just boring.
ZacEfren42 wrote:
themanss22 wrote:
ZacEfren42 wrote:
Sprint is the best thing to happen to Halo. Moving at a fixed snails pace is awful. I have no problem getting kills because someone is sprinting. If you do, you suck.
It's the worst thing to happen to Halo because that's what split the community in the first place and one of the reason why a lot of fans left after Reach.
Reach still have sprint.
I said Reach.
*facepalm* my bad, I'm just having a ruff day, sorry.
Totally agree 100% take all Spartan abilites out. All these games are turning into futuristic crap that's so stupid. Why does halo have to be like every other game of this time? It don't. Why does it have to be realistic because Spartans have sprint? It don't. Why do you 343 constantly increase bullet magnetism and lower aim assist which a console FPS needs to work right? Idk your just pretty stupid at this point. Why do you have the crappiest playlists variety in the game not to mention missing all the best playlists halos ever had. Once again stupid as crap. Why do you have crappy maps in h5 and just add the same crappy map with a few changes and act like its a different map? Idk can't be original or come up with any ideas of their own. Halo has gone downhill because you changed the core mechanics of the game. I'm sorry but people don't like change and your a liar if you say otherwise. Halo has gone downhill ever since they changed the core of the game in reach. 343 you suck at making halo games and you can't even invent a new map besides copying midship 3 or 4 different times not to mention you just released a new map that's the same as plaza just a few changes. Not to mention that there's barely any competitive maps in this game. Just let halo die in peace cuz you've tortured it enough. You ruined my favorite game of all time just to try to bring in the cod community. Halo didn't need to change and it don't need to change. All it did was killed it and turned it into something that's not even Halo anymore.
Relevant.

I think the real problem here is that 343i does not realize how many people truly hate the sprint mechanic. I personally do not like it very much in matchmaking because people run away from gunfights and it slows down the gameplay much like Armor lock did. However I'm fine with sprint being in causal stuff like BTB and Warzone. I also think the thruster is alright. If Halo 5 arena removed sprint but kept thrusters then it would be a hell of a lot more competitive. Right now HCS is a joke. Sitting there watching naded and snipedown sprint at each other with assault rifles is just boring.
This was an issue, more or less, in Halo 4, but in Halo 5, there is a window of time where you can stop an enemy from sprinting away by landing just one bullet on him, and that often stops the player from being able to run. That, and running is risky because sprint prevents shields from recharging.

But overall, this mechanic isn't as bad as these "many people" (minority) believe. the two caveats that I've listed above pretty much makes sprint only effective to getting back in the action quickly. And saying that it slows down the gameplay is a laugh, because it really does not.
i'm fine with the sprint and the shield
Sprint speeds the game up and prevents the majority of camping that h3 was famous for. (For example one team can spawn camp the entire game simply because the other team can't avoid enemy fire in time, most notably in oddball) sprint adds more than takes away, the more disciplined player uses sprint sparingly in order to prepare for future gunfights. My favorite element sprint adds to halo is that reversals are more common because you don't have to die just from getting caught off guard for a second.
If the gameplay never evolves it becomes stale, whether you think its good or bad. Adapt to new strategies and "git gud".
Sprint supporters are killing Halo. You can thank them for Halo's mediocre sales, disconnected community, and population decline. Every Halo game with sprint flopped.

Halo reach - low population
Halo 4 - low population
Halo 5 - low population. (Lowest sales too)

If Halo 6 has sprint expect the same outcome... But no, sprint supporters just don't care about the longevity of the franchise I guess.
Stopped at the words "traditional Halos". If you want to play Halo 1/2/3 go play Halo: MCC.
Sprint supporters are killing Halo. You can thank them for Halo's mediocre sales, disconnected community, and population decline. Every Halo game with sprint flopped.

Halo reach - low population
Halo 4 - low population
Halo 5 - low population. (Lowest sales too)

If Halo 6 has sprint expect the same outcome... But no, sprint supporters just don't care about the longevity of the franchise I guess.
The community had always been split. The gaming industry had change a lot since the days of Halo 3. People move on quicker to other games nowadays.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 26