2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 26
Sprint supporters are killing Halo. You can thank them for Halo's mediocre sales, disconnected community, and population decline. Every Halo game with sprint flopped.

Halo reach - low population
Halo 4 - low population
Halo 5 - low population. (Lowest sales too)

If Halo 6 has sprint expect the same outcome... But no, sprint supporters just don't care about the longevity of the franchise I guess.
The community had always been split. The gaming industry had change a lot since the days of Halo 3. People move on quicker to other games nowadays.
Counter strike. The most streamed fps on twitch. No sprint and basic mechanics. People are dying for a new classic Halo game. Sprint can stay, all im saying is if you want Halo to do better you need to accept change.
You sprint supporters always say we need to accept change, yet how can we accept change from something that has been the same since Halo reach? Yes, I'd accept sprint if this was its first time being implemented into the franchise, lets give it a go.
But the fact that the first 3 games with it flopped tells me that things need to change.
I would hardly say a big majority of people are alienated, at the very most it's a vocal minority. Try not to speak for everyone, I and all my Halo playing mates have loved the series since Halo 3, and not one of us thinks sprint is even remotely a bad thing.
If I want to play a classic style Halo game, I'll play Halo 1-3, I don't want the future of the series to be impacted because of a decision made 15 years ago to sprint. If they hadn't added this to Halo I would have lost interest long ago, the movement is just too slow otherwise for modern shooters
Lol you ever hear of the CS:GO??? no sprint. Arguably the best modern day shooter.
If sprint dies off, gameplay would be less fast paced and it's obviously better when you are running, jumping, gliding etc. while you are shooting 10 guys. It's like a action movie. I appreciate sprint because in halo 3 and 2 you would slowly walk across a large BTB map and the next thing you know there is a tank with it's cannon pointed at you.
Halo 3 is painfully slow and boring to play. At least compared to reach, Halo 4 and 5
I like sprint in halo. It seems to be causing no problems for me.
Halo 3 is painfully slow and boring to play. At least compared to reach, Halo 4 and 5
I disagree, I'm sure you can't sprint but it not boring.
Interestingly enough, I played Halo Reach a little bit yesterday and nearly everyone was using Sprint as their AA.

As far as people on the Internet calling someone a hater. It's the Internet. Just ignore, block/report if need be, and move on. Why do people takes insults from strangers so seriously?

A lot of times you're just being trolled. Why so many people feed trolls I'll never understand.
This is exactly why Sprint was included in Halo 4 as a base trait because they saw no reason to make it an AA since 90% of users pick sprint.
If sprint dies off, gameplay would be less fast paced and it's obviously better when you are running, jumping, gliding etc. while you are shooting 10 guys. It's like a action movie. I appreciate sprint because in halo 3 and 2 you would slowly walk across a large BTB map and the next thing you know there is a tank with it's cannon pointed at you.
I agree.
Interestingly enough, I played Halo Reach a little bit yesterday and nearly everyone was using Sprint as their AA.
As far as people on the Internet calling someone a hater. It's the Internet. Just ignore, block/report if need be, and move on. Why do people takes insults from strangers so seriously?
A lot of times you're just being trolled. Why so many people feed trolls I'll never understand.
That is totally me Moonbase0ne, when playing Reach I use the sprint ability (and camo) quite a lot, it suits my play style. I have no problem with the way sprint is in Halo 5, on SP legendary I find it handy yelling "cheese it" when my shield is low or in MP and you see a vehicle and you have no ammo, damn game balancing though - no shield recharge when you are. :-)

nasikapows rezz I agree with Moonbase0ne just ignore those that aren't constructive, people are allowed to disagree and shouldn't lose the plot in discussions - so yeah don't take it too seriously.

Fair point about sprint but I think its worth mentioning that any new feature has the potential to change gameplay (Single, Multi or Co-Op, whatever) whether that evolves or disrupts it is a matter of perspective or preference based on expectations and they way you play. There are multiple ways each game has evolved the gameplay - Halo 2 had dual wielding (I loved this - bring it back), Halo 3 had armour abilities, etc... to name a few. A major challenge with games as a series is always to try and keep whats core, while introducing additions and refinements along the way. Do the more recent games still have the core? Well I think they have - mostly. Halo 5 seems to be taking cues from other popular shooters true, is this good or bad, maybe but in Halo games I think sprint works, and I love the thrusters and climb abilities.

I think with the Halo 3-Halo 5 the changes also make sense narrative wise, over time I would expect human technology to move forward as they learn more about Precursor, Forerunner or Covenant technology, and Spartans should benefit as a result from this. New tech, new gear, new gameplay - I don't mind it, it does require you to adjust the way you play and develop new strategies which is sometimes half the fun.
Or you can accept the modern shooter and enjoy Halo 5 for what it is, the best Halo multiplayer since 2, maybe period.
I agree i love everything about halo 5 best halo yet. It smooth and clean. They just suck at halo 5 so they want old back thats all it is. There garbage and cant handle the new halo. If yall cant handle it and want slow go to battlefield
DL1032 wrote:
I agree.
And i agree with this to. I went back and played old halos and quit super fast there to slow
Because it totally makes sense to have a super soldier that's incapable of moving faster than a walking pace
Sprint supporters are killing Halo. You can thank them for Halo's mediocre sales, disconnected community, and population decline. Every Halo game with sprint flopped.
Halo reach - low population
Halo 4 - low population
Halo 5 - low population. (Lowest sales too)
If Halo 6 has sprint expect the same outcome... But no, sprint supporters just don't care about the longevity of the franchise I guess.
The community had always been split. The gaming industry had change a lot since the days of Halo 3. People move on quicker to other games nowadays.
Counter strike. The most streamed fps on twitch. No sprint and basic mechanics. People are dying for a new classic Halo game. Sprint can stay, all im saying is if you want Halo to do better you need to accept change.
You sprint supporters always say we need to accept change, yet how can we accept change from something that has been the same since Halo reach? Yes, I'd accept sprint if this was its first time being implemented into the franchise, lets give it a go.
But the fact that the first 3 games with it flopped tells me that things need to change.
Counter-Strike is PC game, though, and to date, there have only been a handful of entries.

Also, Counter-Strike is even more fast-paced than Halo 5, so adding sprint wouldn't work for them anyway, Halo and Counter-strike are two completely different animals (you know, like how it has loadouts in competitive settings? I wasn't aware that was a basic mechanic) And having been on Halo forums since midway into Halo 3's life, Sprint never really became an issue (at least, not in tandem with the other abilities) until Halo 4. They've reached the perfect balance for how sprint should function in Halo 5.

Also, the part I bolded is so inaccurate that it hurts. Not only in the respect that Halo is not the only go-to shooter on the Xbox One, but that there are so many diverse game experiences out there these days that no gamer remains tied down to just one.

In additon, if you could humor me, How did Halo 5 flop? Because the "Most Played" category seems to put it at the number 4-5 spot particularly during my peak hours. Using this category as an indicator of success is incredibly fallacious. Also, I wouldn't trust the word of VGChartz or Gamestop (Especially the latter). Since they don't account for digital sales.
But hey, whatever fits your rhetoric.
Shoulder Charge is the BIG PROBLEM! The amount of time it takes to charge that up is way too low. It should take way longer than that, or be removed all together. I can't tell you how many times I have died because of that bull -Yoink- power.
Sprint is not what is wrong with this game- I understand your point but it's too late to go back now.

Lack of playlists, lack of a progression system, bad map rotations- in other words, the things halo 4/reach done right, were done wrong in Halo 5, and what halo 4 and reach done wrong (armour abilities, competitive play, balance) were done right in Halo 5.

Thats how I see it anyway
I would hardly say a big majority of people are alienated, at the very most it's a vocal minority. Try not to speak for everyone, I and all my Halo playing mates have loved the series since Halo 3, and not one of us thinks sprint is even remotely a bad thing.
If I want to play a classic style Halo game, I'll play Halo 1-3, I don't want the future of the series to be impacted because of a decision made 15 years ago to sprint. If they hadn't added this to Halo I would have lost interest long ago, the movement is just too slow otherwise for modern shooters
Lol you ever hear of the CS:GO??? no sprint. Arguably the best modern day shooter.
CS:GO is so boring, I never could get into it. I had a roommate in my undergrad who loved to play it, but it just wasn't for me.
Well said
Or you can accept the modern shooter and enjoy Halo 5 for what it is, the best Halo multiplayer since 2, maybe period.
"Best multiplayer since halo 2"

lol what, the falling population says otherwise
CS:GO is so boring, I never could get into it. I had a roommate in my undergrad who loved to play it, but it just wasn't for me.
CS is -Yoink- so dumb
I like Sprint.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 26