2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 26
You know what ruined traditional Halo, crouching makes everyone slower, you know what, everyone should move at the exact same speed for ensured perfection... Removing sprint or any movement mechanic is ridiculous, what it really comes down to is skill and to me that's what separates Halo from other shooters, its focus on skill.
Can we please stop the sprint complaining, it's not like they can just remove it like overnight or in a patch
Halo was becoming slow and boring. Sprint is exactly what Halo needed.
This
GameDavo wrote:
Neyrra wrote:
If sprint dies off, gameplay would be less fast paced and it's obviously better when you are running, jumping, gliding etc. while you are shooting 10 guys. It's like a action movie. I appreciate sprint because in halo 3 and 2 you would slowly walk across a large BTB map and the next thing you know there is a tank with it's cannon pointed at you.
I agree.
Actually Sprint slows down gameplay. The larger maps increase the distance to targets at initial contact, so cqc grenades, and short range weapons become useless. Smaller maps produce quicker kills, with a greater variety of kill options, and much less time wasted moving from spawn to combat.
I would hardly say a big majority of people are alienated, at the very most it's a vocal minority. Try not to speak for everyone, I and all my Halo playing mates have loved the series since Halo 3, and not one of us thinks sprint is even remotely a bad thing.
If I want to play a classic style Halo game, I'll play Halo 1-3, I don't want the future of the series to be impacted because of a decision made 15 years ago to sprint. If they hadn't added this to Halo I would have lost interest long ago, the movement is just too slow otherwise for modern shooters
100% agree
For those that don't understand the illusion sprint creates to get from point A to B.

Here is a diagram (all times are just an example)

Map 1 - without sprint

Size - [A |___________________________| B] Time - 10 seconds

Map 2 - with sprint

Size [A |___________________________________________________| B] Time - 10 seconds

As you can see the map is made bigger to accommodate sprint, and takes the same time, but now I can't shoot while sprinting which mean more standoff-ish gameplay.

So in reality it doesn't speed up gameplay, but just creates the illusion that it does.
*bangs head on desk*
Sprint is not going anywhere.
Deal with it or find another game without sprint.
Tell that to how many people were playing Halo 3 instead of 4 on the MCC. I don't mind Sprint at times, but didn't mean Halo was becoming slow and boring.
I'm MEGA over these posts about sprint...

ADAPT, OR STOP PLAYING.
*bangs head on desk*
That is the issue, people are not dealing with it. They ARE leaving. And what do we have now? A population below 30k. Good job.
*bangs head on desk*
What other games without sprint? In fact if people don't take a stand there won't ever be any games without it.
Quote:
-Grenades that can be thrown accurately at long distances, instead of with a limp toss then bouncing all over the damn place.
-A utility weapon actually useful past medium range without being too dominate.
-Faster Killtimes.
-Maps that actually have teleporters in them.
-Small maps with long sightlines a la Prisoner.

There's plenty of ways to make the game faster paced that haven't been utilized since like Halo 2.
Quote:
CSGO is so terrible and boring wow such a dumb game.
Are you guys saying that because you've actually tried it, or saying it just because it harms your argument?
Quote:
ADAPT OR QUIT PLAYING
Secret option 3: Keep posting on the forums like usual. Think I'll stick with that.
When you look back at the traditional Halo's ex: Halo 3, you already have the perfect formula and everything to map control, gameplay, CQC gunfights. But say you add something else to the formula like sprint. But to keep it from becoming utter chaos you have to stretch areas of the map, which makes the map more open with less cover. But now with less cover you have to give the CQC weapons more range so they won't become useless. Now with the fast movement people would run away from gunfights into a temporary haven, which means you have to lower ttk and increase bullet magnetism so precision weapons won't be impossible to use. Now sprint changes everything to gameplay, CQC gunfights, effecting map control. Now with all these changes a big majority of people feel alienated and complain so the devs can fix the issue. But the other part of the community calls down these people and calls them bungie fanboys and says play the old Halo's. And some are accused of being a hater, but ask yourself this, how can a hater want whats best for Halo, who is worried about Halo, who has passion for it and wants it to be the #1 game in the market. We don't want a Halo 3.5. We want a innovation and out of the box gameplay. Not ideas that come from focus groups. We want 343i do blow our minds or -Yoink-, we crave for something new and want to continue playing that for years. I know it got off topic there but we just miss the old feeling where we know we are going to keep playing this game for years. But with Halo 5 I'm not so sure.
after halo reach, if they got rid of sprint and the armor abilities, they would take a step back. you have to learn that in order to compete in todays day and age of gaming, you have to innovate, you have to bring something new to the tables. that's exactly what happened with reach, so they kept the idea of abilities, and evolved them over time. and now? we have some of the most fluid, quick, and responsive abilities yet. say what you will, but sprint was a step needed to continue halo
Why would you want Halo 3.5? Halo 3 was pretty crappy and inconsistent in the Core Gameplay. Dont get me started on the BR spread and Shot Registration.

Halo is fine with sprint. It fits the formula for this game and still feels like a halo game.
Now if you said "The Arena maps are too small for sprint." I'd agree.

Adapt or die buddy
Why would you want Halo 3.5? Halo 3 was pretty crappy and inconsistent in the Core Gameplay. Dont get me started on the BR spread and Shot Registration.
no h5 has bad hit detection too
Halo is fine with sprint. It fits the formula for this game and still feels like a halo game.
no sprint sucks
Wow i look at this post and think wow another 343 hate post think here ok try doing all these nice fancy spartan abilitys without sprint oh wait what you can't if you want some real science heres what i'll tell you GIVE ME 4 REASONS SOME OF THE STRONGEST BEINGS THERE IS CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO SPRINT ok go i'm waiting oh none wow thats what i thought sprint is something that should have been in halo since day 1 i've played halo for as long as i remember and really sprint had been needed halo 3 was by far my least favourite halo because of how damn slow your spartan was playing btb on sand trap CTF was the worst cause it took so long to just get halfway across the map but think if they had sprint in halo 3 all those nightmare of getting sand trap as your next map was always there personally if they didn't add sprint i'd have forever stuck to forge just to avoid my spartand slow movements i mean really take a second to think why a spartan shouldn't have been able to sprint please do tell i'll wait here for hate :)
Dingo1359 wrote:
When you look back at the traditional Halo's ex: Halo 3, you already have the perfect formula and everything to map control, gameplay, CQC gunfights. But say you add something else to the formula like sprint. But to keep it from becoming utter chaos you have to stretch areas of the map, which makes the map more open with less cover. But now with less cover you have to give the CQC weapons more range so they won't become useless. Now with the fast movement people would run away from gunfights into a temporary haven, which means you have to lower ttk and increase bullet magnetism so precision weapons won't be impossible to use. Now sprint changes everything to gameplay, CQC gunfights, effecting map control. Now with all these changes a big majority of people feel alienated and complain so the devs can fix the issue. But the other part of the community calls down these people and calls them bungie fanboys and says play the old Halo's. And some are accused of being a hater, but ask yourself this, how can a hater want whats best for Halo, who is worried about Halo, who has passion for it and wants it to be the #1 game in the market. We don't want a Halo 3.5. We want a innovation and out of the box gameplay. Not ideas that come from focus groups. We want 343i do blow our minds or -Yoink-, we crave for something new and want to continue playing that for years. I know it got off topic there but we just miss the old feeling where we know we are going to keep playing this game for years. But with Halo 5 I'm not so sure.
Here we go. We've somehow managed to revive this dead horse (again) and have begun beating it again and it will die again. Whether you think it belongs or not is no longer relevant at this point. It's here. You have two options. You can choose to play or not to play. It's pretty simple, much like many other choices in life.
or we can keep talking about it. ok
UrbanArkon wrote:
Wow i look at this post and think wow another 343 hate post think here ok try doing all these nice fancy spartan abilitys without sprint oh wait what you can't if you want some real science heres what i'll tell you GIVE ME 4 REASONS SOME OF THE STRONGEST BEINGS THERE IS CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO SPRINT ok go i'm waiting oh none wow thats what i thought sprint is something that should have been in halo since day 1 i've played halo for as long as i remember and really sprint had been needed halo 3 was by far my least favourite halo because of how damn slow your spartan was playing btb on sand trap CTF was the worst cause it took so long to just get halfway across the map but think if they had sprint in halo 3 all those nightmare of getting sand trap as your next map was always there personally if they didn't add sprint i'd have forever stuck to forge just to avoid my spartand slow movements i mean really take a second to think why a spartan shouldn't have been able to sprint please do tell i'll wait here for hate :)
game play direction on what true halo experience entails.
UrbanArkon wrote:
1 simple reason. Gameplay over lore, why the hell would we have have a pump-based shotgun 500 years in the future otherwise? Simply, if a mechanic in lore breaks gameplay, don't use it. As if you're taking a racing game and complaining you can't get out of the car. Why can't you? Because the game doesn't need you to even if in real life you could. Just like Halo, the game doesn't need sprint to play well. It can innovate in other thing like a better weaponset or unique map design. Therefore what the lore says has 0% influence on wether a mechanic is in a game or not.
Quote:
ok try doing all these nice fancy spartan abilitys without sprint
Slide - Crouch while moving forward, retain momentum.
Spartan Charge - Is tied to thruster, not sprint.
Ground Pound - Is tied to thruster, not sprint.
Clamber - Same as current, is not reliant on sprint.
Stabilizer - Same as current, is not reliant on sprint.

Not that half the spartan abilities are even worth saving in the first place...

Quote:
GIVE ME 4 REASONS SOME OF THE STRONGEST BEINGS THERE IS CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO SPRINT
I only need one. Why can't a super soldier move quickly in all directions with his weapon up? Why is he limited to forward movement and catching his breath? For all these super soldier arguments, Doom Guy makes the Chief look like an old man.

Quote:
i'll wait here for hate :)
You're the one hating, mate.
after halo reach, if they got rid of sprint and the armor abilities, they would take a step back. you have to learn that in order to compete in todays day and age of gaming, you have to innovate, you have to bring something new to the tables. that's exactly what happened with reach, so they kept the idea of abilities, and evolved them over time. and now? we have some of the most fluid, quick, and responsive abilities yet. say what you will, but sprint was a step needed to continue halo
how about lets changed halo to the point of it no longer looks feels or plays like halo that is still innovation right.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 26