5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 26
Ramir3z77 wrote:
*bangs head on desk*
Sprint is not going anywhere.
Deal with it or find another game without sprint.
What other games without sprint? In fact if people don't take a stand there won't ever be any games without it.
Exactly. There are none. Want to know why? Because fps players want that feature in, one form or another. If this wouldn't be the case, you'd have games without sprinting. Simply law of supply&demand.

Halo 5's problem is not sprint, spartan abilities or req packs. The problems from the viewpoint of your avarage player are the significatly longer kill times from what people are used to (which i actually find a thing that shouldn't change) and the downright horrible controls that we had no way of changing untill the latest patch. Individually neither are that big of a problem but they combined to make a disgustingly frustrating experience. The one thing any game should make every effort to avoid is frustrating its players. The controls are patched now but the damage has already been done and i can't see anyone who isn't a Halo veteran giving the game another chance, let alone recommending it. Halo's hope now lies with agressive marketing that pushes the fixed game to new players who didn't play it before.
thebryon wrote:
When you look back at the traditional Halo's ex: Halo 3, you already have the perfect formula and everything to map control, gameplay, CQC gunfights. But say you add something else to the formula like sprint. But to keep it from becoming utter chaos you have to stretch areas of the map, which makes the map more open with less cover. But now with less cover you have to give the CQC weapons more range so they won't become useless. Now with the fast movement people would run away from gunfights into a temporary haven, which means you have to lower ttk and increase bullet magnetism so precision weapons won't be impossible to use. Now sprint changes everything to gameplay, CQC gunfights, effecting map control. Now with all these changes a big majority of people feel alienated and complain so the devs can fix the issue. But the other part of the community calls down these people and calls them bungie fanboys and says play the old Halo's. And some are accused of being a hater, but ask yourself this, how can a hater want whats best for Halo, who is worried about Halo, who has passion for it and wants it to be the #1 game in the market. We don't want a Halo 3.5. We want a innovation and out of the box gameplay. Not ideas that come from focus groups. We want 343i do blow our minds or -Yoink-, we crave for something new and want to continue playing that for years. I know it got off topic there but we just miss the old feeling where we know we are going to keep playing this game for years. But with Halo 5 I'm not so sure.
after halo reach, if they got rid of sprint and the armor abilities, they would take a step back. you have to learn that in order to compete in todays day and age of gaming, you have to innovate, you have to bring something new to the tables. that's exactly what happened with reach, so they kept the idea of abilities, and evolved them over time. and now? we have some of the most fluid, quick, and responsive abilities yet. say what you will, but sprint was a step needed to continue halo
how about lets changed halo to the point of it no longer looks feels or plays like halo that is still innovation right.
actually, no. this is innovation. the fact that a human tank, with armor designed to help them move faster, react fast, aim better, etc. is incapable of sprinting, and many other things is extremely ridiculous.
Quote:
Halo 5's problem is not sprint, spartan abilities or req packs. The problems from the viewpoint of your avarage player are the significatly longer kill times from what people are used to (which i actually find a thing that shouldn't change)
Law of supply and demand buddy. If slower killtimes are holding Halo back, Halo should adopt instantaneous killtimes. There's a reason there's no other games with slow killtimes on the market anymore, and Halo shouldn't be any exception.
Quote:
The one thing any game should make every effort to avoid is frustrating its players.
All I can say to that is "top kek".

Quote:
Halo's hope now lies with agressive marketing that pushes the fixed game to new players who didn't play it before.
But it's not working.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
-Grenades that can be thrown accurately at long distances, instead of with a limp toss then bouncing all over the damn place.
-A utility weapon actually useful past medium range without being too dominate.
-Faster Killtimes.
-Maps that actually have teleporters in them.
-Small maps with long sightlines a la Prisoner.

There's plenty of ways to make the game faster paced that haven't been utilized since like Halo 2.
1. The grenade mechanics in this game work fine and fit the size of pretty much all of the maps.
2. The pistol is exactly that. It is a utility weapon that is outclassed by both the BR and DMR at mid range
3. This game has the fastest kill times since H:CE. Any faster and we are getting in twitch shooter range.
4. This doesnt make gameplay faster. Its just a gimick
5. Many of the arena maps in this game are not particularly large. Yes prisoner was a SUPER fast paced map, but that had just as much to do with the fact that in CE players could carry 8 nades and you had the fastest TTK weapon that has ever existed in Halo. It was a nade spawn kill fest. I personally though would love to see a prisoner remake for this game, as i think the verticality would play perfectly with the new movement mechanics of the game.
Quote:
Yes, it does? Just like sprint it's directly tied to map traversal and thus game speed.

You're telling me with a straight face that something which is designed solely to instantly move you from one spot to the other doesn't make the game faster.

Like do you even realize just how much walking a teleporter eliminates on a BTB map?
Quote:
but that had just as much to do with the fact that in CE players could carry 8 nades and you had the fastest TTK weapon that has ever existed in Halo. It was a nade spawn kill fest.
First, no, it wasn't a "nade spawn kill fest".
Second, that's exactly my -Yoinking!- point. It managed to be fast paced without relying on a sprint mechanic
Sprint supporters are killing Halo. You can thank them for Halo's mediocre sales, disconnected community, and population decline. Every Halo game with sprint flopped.

Halo reach - low population
Halo 4 - low population
Halo 5 - low population. (Lowest sales too)

If Halo 6 has sprint expect the same outcome... But no, sprint supporters just don't care about the longevity of the franchise I guess.
this
Quote:
Every Halo game with sprint flopped.
Quote:
this
Getting into some shady causation-correlation arguments.
UrbanArkon wrote:
Wow i look at this post and think wow another 343 hate post think here ok try doing all these nice fancy spartan abilitys without sprint oh wait what you can't if you want some real science heres what i'll tell you GIVE ME 4 REASONS SOME OF THE STRONGEST BEINGS THERE IS CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO SPRINT ok go i'm waiting oh none wow thats what i thought sprint is something that should have been in halo since day 1 i've played halo for as long as i remember and really sprint had been needed halo 3 was by far my least favourite halo because of how damn slow your spartan was playing btb on sand trap CTF was the worst cause it took so long to just get halfway across the map but think if they had sprint in halo 3 all those nightmare of getting sand trap as your next map was always there personally if they didn't add sprint i'd have forever stuck to forge just to avoid my spartand slow movements i mean really take a second to think why a spartan shouldn't have been able to sprint please do tell i'll wait here for hate :)
1: Gameplay over lore
2: Gameplay thrumps lore
3: Lore takes a second seat to gameplay
4: Lore is a poor excuse to justify gameplay mechanics

Now, give us four reasons, each. why we should be able to:
-Prone
-Corner lean
-Survive more than two melee hits
-Survive more than a clip of any ballistic standard weapon

Prone: Any soldier can go prone, and we've seen Jun and Noble go prone in a cut-scene
Corner Lean: Any soldier can corner lean, and I'm quite sure I saw Buck corner lean at some point in the Halo 5 campaign
Survive more than two melee hits: Both Locke and Chief trade more than two melee blows in their little brawl without flying off like rag dolls.
Survive more than a clip of any ballistic standard weapon: You're a super soldier encased in titanium armor with an undersuit that also have anti-ballistic capabilities, by being enhanched with titanium. Also, I'm quite sure the Master Chief noted that bullets from some automated machine guns pinged off his armor when he tested it in Fall of Reach.
Halo has to evolve with the other games. There should always be some innovation every new game. If all of Halo's games were to keep the same exact type of gameplay, it would just get boring.
Because it totally makes sense to have a super soldier that's incapable of moving faster than a walking pace
not true spartans are running constantly in h1-3
Halo has to evolve with the other games. There should always be some innovation every new game. If all of Halo's games were to keep the same exact type of gameplay, it would just get boring.
Pretty sad that Sprint and Sprint alone is the only innovating factor Halo has to cling to, right?
cheekita70 wrote:
I like Sprint.
i like turtles ;)
Quote:
Quote:
Yes, it does? Just like sprint it's directly tied to map traversal and thus game speed.You're telling me with a straight face that something which is designed solely to instantly move you from one spot to the other doesn't make the game faster.Like do you even realize just how much walking a teleporter eliminates on a BTB map?
Except map traveral doesnt make the gameplay faster, it just makes it faster for you to get from point A to point B. Game speed has to do with gunplay. It always has. Why is COD fast paced? Cause you can instakill everything. Why was H:CE fast? It wasnt becuse on damnation you could teleport to the top level, it was because it had fast TTK.
Quote:
Quote:
but that had just as much to do with the fact that in CE players could carry 8 nades and you had the fastest TTK weapon that has ever existed in Halo. It was a nade spawn kill fest.
First, no, it wasn't a "nade spawn kill fest".
Second, that's exactly my -Yoinking!- point. It managed to be fast paced without relying on a sprint mechanic
Yes it was. Go watch some good players that understand how the spawn system works on CE. After a kill they will begin nading the expected spawn point to get damage on a player as soon as he spawns. Im not disagreeing that its an amazing map, because it was.

Lastly, i never claimed that sprint made the game faster. You just assumed that was my point. Sprint is just a trade off game mechanic that allows you to move slightly faster at the disadvantage of lowering your weapon. It is a mechanic that is expected to be in a AAA shooter in some form by most of the gaming public, and it isnt going anywhere.
Naqser wrote:
UrbanArkon wrote:
Wow i look at this post and think wow another 343 hate post think here ok try doing all these nice fancy spartan abilitys without sprint oh wait what you can't if you want some real science heres what i'll tell you GIVE ME 4 REASONS SOME OF THE STRONGEST BEINGS THERE IS CAN'T BE ALLOWED TO SPRINT ok go i'm waiting oh none wow thats what i thought sprint is something that should have been in halo since day 1 i've played halo for as long as i remember and really sprint had been needed halo 3 was by far my least favourite halo because of how damn slow your spartan was playing btb on sand trap CTF was the worst cause it took so long to just get halfway across the map but think if they had sprint in halo 3 all those nightmare of getting sand trap as your next map was always there personally if they didn't add sprint i'd have forever stuck to forge just to avoid my spartand slow movements i mean really take a second to think why a spartan shouldn't have been able to sprint please do tell i'll wait here for hate :)
1: Gameplay over lore
2: Gameplay thrumps lore
3: Lore takes a second seat to gameplay
4: Lore is a poor excuse to justify gameplay mechanics

Now, give us four reasons, each. why we should be able to:
-Prone
-Corner lean
-Survive more than two melee hits
-Survive more than a clip of any ballistic standard weapon

Prone: Any soldier can go prone, and we've seen Jun and Noble go prone in a cut-scene
Corner Lean: Any soldier can corner lean, and I'm quite sure I saw Buck corner lean at some point in the Halo 5 campaign
Survive more than two melee hits: Both Locke and Chief trade more than two melee blows in their little brawl without flying off like rag dolls.
Survive more than a clip of any ballistic standard weapon: You're a super soldier encased in titanium armor with an undersuit that also have anti-ballistic capabilities, by being enhanched with titanium. Also, I'm quite sure the Master Chief noted that bullets from some automated machine guns pinged off his armor when he tested it in Fall of Reach.
this is a nice counter argument.
OP Wants innovation but not ideas from groups. This lacks logic. And if sprint is tio innovative than there is no pleasing you. There was tons of parts of maps that were a death trap to be caught in. H3 and priors gameplay was not above reproach.

People just really liked playing with the BR at the time and a single weapon play style is just not enough by today's game standards.

And CQC weapons never felt so useless as they did in the pre sprint games. Previous game features made it entirely about using the BR everywhere. It was either BR or power weapon or youd get crushed. That lacks balance, depth and diversity imo.
Quote:
Except map traveral doesnt make the gameplay faster, it just makes it faster for you to get from point A to point B. Game speed has to do with gunplay. It always has. Why is COD fast paced? Cause you can instakill everything. Why was H:CE fast? It wasnt becuse on damnation you could teleport to the top level, it was because it had fast TTK.
Instant killtimes aren't going to mean anything if it takes a good five minutes just to find another player to kill.
Quote:
People just really liked playing with the BR at the time and a single weapon play style is just not enough by today's game standards.
It's not really enough by any age's standards, but the "BR Only" arguments are inadequate.

Let's examine the "diversity" of the modern shooter. You have Assault Rifles, DMR's, SMG's, Sniper Rifles, LMG's, Shotguns, and Grenade Launchers.

The bolded and italicized are more or less interchangeable. Shotguns are usually designed as underpowered crutch weapons, and Grenade Launchers are left with a specific niche in mind. Not exactly deep or interesting. Clearly people are playing these games for some other reason.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Quote:
Halo 5's problem is not sprint, spartan abilities or req packs. The problems from the viewpoint of your avarage player are the significatly longer kill times from what people are used to (which i actually find a thing that shouldn't change)
Law of supply and demand buddy. If slower killtimes are holding Halo back, Halo should adopt instantaneous killtimes. There's a reason there's no other games with slow killtimes on the market anymore, and Halo shouldn't be any exception.
Quote:
The one thing any game should make every effort to avoid is frustrating its players.
All I can say to that is "top kek".

Quote:
Halo's hope now lies with agressive marketing that pushes the fixed game to new players who didn't play it before.
But it's not working.
1. Perhaps Halo 6 will move towards Destiny *shudders* kill times. That games has many, many, MANY problems in its pvp department but kill times isn't one of them so long as specials and exotics aren't in play. Personally, with the controls now adjusted to how i like them, i don't see Halo's longer kill times as a problem. Just different. But the reality is that, yes, supply and demand rules and everyone here should brace for shorter kill times in H6.

2. You disagree? Frustrated players are not going to keep playing and whats worse, tend to tell everyone who cares to listen how frustrating a game is. You want to keep the biggest consumer group (which, by the way, isn't Halo veterans) happy with your game and actively playing. Tricky to accomplish, but impossible to ignore.

3. No, it ain't. A mediocre campaign and a frustrating multiplayer experience did a lot of damage and the fps market is completely saturated right now. But i do foresee H5 being on sale in spring, when there isn't any fps's worth mentioning coming out, with hopefully more content too.
Community around agame is what makes a game last for years. Reason halo was so big around halo 2 halo 3 was because of the community around it.

the competitive community that was around those games also supported its longevity exponentially.

Theyre supporting that community well with halo 5 so that's extremely exciting and good for the longevity of the game. Halo 5 will last much longer than reach or 4 FOR SURE.
Quote:
Quote:
Instant killtimes aren't going to mean anything if it takes a good five minutes just to find another player to kill.
Man. You know what would help that? A movement ability that would help you traverse the map faster, maybe something like........sprint.
I love the new run ability, both the good and bad of using it. CQC weapons should be used in areas where they do their best, or maybe an SMG with long barrel. Just saying.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 26