Why the falcon CAN fit in Halo 5

OP RevivedDesert82

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12
The falcon was an epic addition to Halo:Reach, especially when you had a friend to man the guns. I dont know why 343 didnt add it in Halo 5, but here are the ways it could fit.
1. Fits a gap in the multiplayer experience where you and a friend/a couple of friends could work together to get tons of kills.
2. 343 even said back last year it is better in warzone to work closely as a fireteam. The falcon is a great way to express your teamwork.
3. If you get someone in the gun with a sniper, you can drop him off at an otherwise inaccessible spot.
4. Halo 5 has the best potential for a falcon to be added, with tweaks regardless.
5. Can move a significant part of a warzone team across the map-good for targeting bosses.
6. Machinimas would benefit.(Put in forge)
Ways it could be implemented is:
1. Boost the health of the vehicle/give it shields(Needler hog for example)
2. Give it a chin gun to be operated by the pilot(like the campaign in reach)
3. Put marines in the guns until spartans take over and marines move to inside seats(not accessible to spartans-we dont want a flying 5-kill)
4. Give it slightly more speed.
Please comment any ideas you have on how it could work and why!
Edit: people have suggested extra seats that can only be accessed by the existing gunners in the falcon. A good idea, to say the least, as it saves them being shot by ground fire to kingdom come.
Updated and edited! Please discuss what you think about this-considering I had a lot of fun with this vehicle, I would like to hear the communities memories, ideas and comments on this vehicle!
I love the idea of human air vehicle making its way back into Halo, but I can't see the Falcon fitting that role, at least not into Halo 5. Personally I think that a Hornet or something like the Hornet but where the rocket turrets are changed into passenger controlled weapons (I'll go into more detail!) would be a better fit. The Falcons actual design is what I think is holding it back as well as being somewhat overpowered compared to its fellow air vehicles (Banshee and Phaeton) as it would easily rain down double turret fire onto a Phaeton, although the Banshee could fight back, it still damages the meaning of a level 8 req!

Now, as I promised I'll describe the vehicle I mentioned. It would have the pilot taking control over the Gatling gun, making it possible for the pilot to go in alone if necessary, and there would be two rocket launchers or grenade launchers, one on each side for the passengers/gunners. I call it the Osprey.
Although you make great points, Falcon threads nowadays make me look like this.
There's no point having a Falcon if it hits the maps hitbox ten seconds after taking off. Its low maneuverability and firepower essentially makes hit a guaranteed triple kill for the enemy team.

The Falcon was great in Reach because the maps were designed to support the Falcon the Halo 5 maps were not, for the Falcon to be viable 343 would need to make some serious changes to the point where it wouldn't even be a Falcon anymore.

I do like your improvement ideas to make it viable but it shouldn't be needed for a default variant.
I would love for the Hornet or Falcon to return to Halo, especially with the lack of air vehicles that we can use. It would work very well with Warzone, and we could get different variations for it.
Unfortunately, Halo's team has always given us hope for different flying vehicles. They've teased Pelicans and other vehicles, but we were only given vehicles we don't use or like.
Boy that week break without this sure was nice
Remember when the memories of reach update was coming out and we was going to get a spire warzone map and Falcons
Danny Five wrote:
Remember when the memories of reach update was coming out and we was going to get a spire warzone map and Falcons
No. We weren't.
The Falcon can use the 3 types it had in reach so troop, default, and grenade then add the oni tundra and the other that the warthog has
idk why people still dont understand this but falcon would be trash in warzone. its a giant target sitting in the sky. practically a free triple kill. it only worked in in reach when your team had map/power weapon control. in warzone you cant prevent the enemy team from spawning in a ton of anti vehicle weapons. it would get destroyed within seconds of being spawned
I think inside seats should be accessible by players, so it can be used in games like CTF to transport the flag carrier, also when your core is exposed you can load up 5 players to go take a base or kill a boss. Also seeing as how many people think marines are OP giving them a chaingun might not be a great idea.
And what happens when it gets lasered and the other team gets a killtacular, while a large part of your team lies dead? It's just too slow, too big, and too clumsy to not get smashed in Warzone. That's why I vote Hornet.
KaneXX12 wrote:
And what happens when it gets lasered and the other team gets a killtacular, while a large part of your team lies dead? It's just too slow, too big, and too clumsy to not get smashed in Warzone. That's why I vote Hornet.
The hornet plays too similarly to the phaeton, but with seats. The falcon can be viable with shields, or with extra armor. It can be the warthog of the sky. Who cares if it would get rekt? It can be a 5 req common, with uncommon and rare variants. It doesn't need to be another legendary 8 req *cough* new phaeton *cough*. I don't see you guys complaining about the warthog. Or the banshee, or the phaeton. They are all too squishy to power weapons. Why doesn't anyone complain about that?
What's wrong with a flying 5 kill? I think it'd be awesome to be able to transport players. I'd be very happy with a Hornet, Falcon or Pelican. That'd be awesome!
What's wrong with a flying 5 kill? I think it'd be awesome to be able to transport players. I'd be very happy with a Hornet, Falcon or Pelican. That'd be awesome!
There's nothing wrong with it. Not sure why people are saying it can't work. It wouldn't have the same use as a banshee or phaeton. The falcon would be more team orientated, which would definitely be beneficial.
It was perfect as well as the hornet in Halo 3. It made custom games fun and had a good reason to make story type levels and mini games and such. I being blunt-- but I would much prefer the falcon or hornet than the mantis IMO.
Reasons why the Falcon wouldn't work

1. It sucks

2. It sucks

3. Stop whining about a vehicle that sucks

4. Way too vulnerable in Warzone

5. Constructive post
Reasons why the Falcon wouldn't work

1. It sucks

2. It sucks

3. Stop whining about a vehicle that sucks

4. Way too vulnerable in Warzone

5. Constructive post
Can't tell if satire or legit non constructive post. Will wait for response to rebuttal.
Danny Five wrote:
We were never going to get that, we just assumed we were.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 12