1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. ...
  7. 12
Naqser wrote:
My Lord how is this still a popular topic. As if you people didn't already know 343 will not be putting the communities interest into thought while making this game but finally they put a UNSC air vehicle into the game (wasp) which is awesome but don't expect any other additions.
So they didn't put sprint in because the general gamer expects it?
They haven't improved forge in the interest of forgers?
Firefight was not an implementation because of community interest despite them saying it'd be implemented if interest was high enough?
Emblem customization didn't get an overhaul due to community interest?
More colors were not implemented because the community wanted more colors?

Sure there's more that was implemented not because the community wanted it.
Exactly, he gets the idea. The more of us that make noise and have interest in it the better out chances at getting it or something similar. We only got most of what we have because we wanted it. We wanted firefight so they revamped it and gave us it, they listened to our feedback well a little to improve it they gave us more colours because we wanted it like was stated before so make noise and someone will come see what the fuss is about.
I've seen a lot of people say the falcon would be destroyed in seconds or be too weak to last long. All flying vehicles and a lot of land vehicles are weak. If you put a spartan laser in the right spot you can instantly kill an undamaged phaeton Helios, even if you don't two Spartan laser shots destroy it. And the wasp is useless really it's too weak so people need to stop complaining that the falcon is too weak or clunky for halo 5. I think it would fill the sand box perfectly really. It would just be a stronger wasp with extra guns. It be easy to have a default variant, oni variant with grenades and hanible with those gauss guns like the tank.
An AV-49 (Wasp), is a strong weapon in terms of DPS. However, the shielding drops faster than on a Banshee, and the turbines are the weakest and easiest place to aim to take it out. A fully loaded DMR can take out an undamaged AV-49 quite easily. However, in Warzone Firefight once. I took a highly damaged AV-49 that a fellow SPARTAN got out of (due to the damage and not wanting to lose his life), and began taking out Red Wardens with the twin-linked .50 automatic machine guns and what I believe are Anvil missile pods (Pelicans use them). It's extremely useful if you do not take damage and know how to pilot a VTOL type vehicle in the Halo Universe, however in normal Warzone an enemy player with a SPNKr or SPlaser can easily drop you from the sky, especially with the ground-to-air lock the SPNKr or Rocket Launcher has.
The dps really isn't good. If you take a stationary target it takes till the over heat bar of the guns is half way to kill them. The warthog kills faster than the wasp so does the ghost and I'm talking default variants. Don't get me wrong wasp great vehicle but it needs a wee buff though to make it perfect.
These are some good points and I can see this happening. Or I just really want it to happen lol.
Number three seems a little op because no one can kill him or her
Arbi Viper wrote:
Although you make great points, Falcon threads nowadays make me look like this.
This, for sure. Very over it, and not sure why people want it so bad the wasp is way better.
Dude its to late 343 doesn't care about this game anymore (Not like they ever did lol) there going to finish the rest of the content that should of already been in the game then help out creative assembly with HW2 then probably start working on Halo 6. #RIPHALO
Mista Ames wrote:
I would love for the Hornet or Falcon to return to Halo, especially with the lack of air vehicles that we can use. It would work very well with Warzone, and we could get different variations for it.
Unfortunately, Halo's team has always given us hope for different flying vehicles. They've teased Pelicans and other vehicles, but we were only given vehicles we don't use or like.
hornet was cool but now wasp fills the same role and there is no place in warzone maps for the falcon and the turrets were not that effective a long range, so at close range is to exposed to lasers and stuff, you need to think too the req level will have and the time of the game to use it
it would just be nice to see more UNSC air vehicles throughout the games...

ohhhh and does anyone remember when vehicles mattered in BTB...
Would be cool to see, but would also be a quick Triple-Kill for enemy team.
The only reason you really need to list is the fact that it's a big Target in a game that has nothing but paper vehicles. I can see it already, people try taking out their Falcons, then getting shot down and a fraction of a second by two guys with BRs...
I've seen a lot of people say the falcon would be destroyed in seconds or be too weak to last long. All flying vehicles and a lot of land vehicles are weak. If you put a spartan laser in the right spot you can instantly kill an undamaged phaeton Helios, even if you don't two Spartan laser shots destroy it. And the wasp is useless really it's too weak so people need to stop complaining that the falcon is too weak or clunky for halo 5. I think it would fill the sand box perfectly really. It would just be a stronger wasp with extra guns. It be easy to have a default variant, oni variant with grenades and hanible with those gauss guns like the tank.
An AV-49 (Wasp), is a strong weapon in terms of DPS. However, the shielding drops faster than on a Banshee, and the turbines are the weakest and easiest place to aim to take it out. A fully loaded DMR can take out an undamaged AV-49 quite easily. However, in Warzone Firefight once. I took a highly damaged AV-49 that a fellow SPARTAN got out of (due to the damage and not wanting to lose his life), and began taking out Red Wardens with the twin-linked .50 automatic machine guns and what I believe are Anvil missile pods (Pelicans use them). It's extremely useful if you do not take damage and know how to pilot a VTOL type vehicle in the Halo Universe, however in normal Warzone an enemy player with a SPNKr or SPlaser can easily drop you from the sky, especially with the ground-to-air lock the SPNKr or Rocket Launcher has.
Buddy those ain't .50 cal guns. I've compared the barrel length and diameter to an Assault Rifle.

Guarantee you that thing fires 7.62x51mm NATO.
I like everything but there is a couple changes I would make. No marines on the turrets. And maybe a couple extra seats so that if someone HAS a sniper he can snipe from the air. Is it possible to hop on top of a Wasp while it flies? That would be cool.
A falcon in halo 5 is very intesting for moving on the map
My Lord how is this still a popular topic. As if you people didn't already know 343 will not be putting the communities interest into thought while making this game but finally they put a UNSC air vehicle into the game (wasp) which is awesome but don't expect any other additions.
We still don't really know if all this content 343 added where unfinished products that didn't make the cut at launch or new items they added afetrwards. However, SPNKR rocket launcher and WZFF is possibly a testament against this. If all this content was made from scratch AFTER LAUNCH, then there is still hope. Thats only my thinking though.
You'd think with it being reach's 6th birthday today they could add something to halo 5 that is reach related independently on its own, (forge world, falcon, nade launcher, you name it). Just making a reading suggestion.
KCD0DGER wrote:
Buddy those ain't .50 cal guns. I've compared the barrel length and diameter to an Assault Rifle.

My apologies then, it may use something similar to the GAU-23/AW/Linkless Feed Autocannon (dual autocannons, most likely), equipped on the AV-22 Sparrowhawk and fires 20mm projectiles. The Vulture, AC-220 uses a .50 mm version of this.

"Guarantee you that thing fires 7.62x51mm NATO." Why would 343i make the AV-49 fire the same round as the MA5D (ICWS) which uses 7.62x51mm NATO (FMJ-AP) rounds.
KCD0DGER wrote:

My apologies then, it may use something similar to the GAU-23/AW/Linkless Feed Autocannon (dual autocannons, most likely), equipped on the AV-22 Sparrowhawk and fires 20mm projectiles. The Vulture, AC-220 uses a .50 mm version of this.

"Guarantee you that thing fires 7.62x51mm NATO." Why would 343i make the AV-49 fire the same round as the MA5D (ICWS) which uses 7.62x51mm NATO (FMJ-AP) rounds.
Dude, I have absolutely no friggin clue. The M395 DMR in Halo 4 didn't even have an ejection port! If it's firing anything like 20mms, then not only are the barrels REALLY slim for that but damn are being fired at the lowest possible velocity.
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
Dinho239 wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
KCD0DGER wrote:
Well, the original UH-144 was designed for the UNSC Army, so we could just say that a hypothetical modified variant is designed for the UNSC Navy and Spartan branch. Then it could be rebalanced for Halo 5's sandbox.

I dunno. Personally don't care much for the Falcon, just trying to come up with ideas for those who do care.
A solid enough suggestion, but thus far each air vehicle has to be operated by a single occupant reliably.
True. Maybe give it rockets or missiles that can lock on to most targets instead of a chin-mounted gun?
Once again, this continues to prove the point. Any alterations to what we know would not be the Falcon we want. There is no way to get that vehicle into this game.

Anything else would not even be the same in lore.
Yeah, that's the issue I see with adding a modified Falcon to Halo 5. If they do add it, the community is going to explode and start raging about how it isn't the same and then proceed to devolve it into a thread about how Halo 5 is Call of Duty.
Basically.

So there really is, all in all, no way to include the Falcon into Halo 5 without massive Warzone reworking. Even a particular somebody has not discovered anything about the Falcon even being tested in Halo 5.

It really does suck but it's just not for this game. The Falcon was very much a product of Reach, for Reach.
All it needs is a buff...*shrugs shoulders*
That's just demonstrably untrue. What do you want to add? Shields, grenade turrets, a gun for the operator? Any major changes makes it a different vehicle.

Halo Fans are not fond of this, and the point of the Falcon is cooperation- something not encouraged by Halo 5's Warzone mode.

If it doesn't fly in Warzone, it doesn't fly anywhere.
buff armor.
Are you just going to ignore the whole, "Spawns out in the open, has no gunners and AI gunners are a solution but a boring and unfun one, is a big target and doesn't offer much more offensive capability than a warthog, and given that a player would have to find player gunners if AI gunners weren't a thing that they'd be vulnerable to the many dozens of Reqs on the field, on top of the fact that there is no fall damage, no penalty for bailing out, and that the pilot has absolutely zero agency in target acquisition when their gunners are AI, which is the reason Reach's falcon in the campaign had a gun to begin with" thing?

Are we all just going to forever ignore all these factors, and pretend the Falcon works in Halo 5? I'm not.
just ignore them, they'll never undestand Halo 5 is Halo 5, not Reach.
All I'm doing is suggesting a viable Halo 5 option. Heck, they could even do it for Halo 6. Whats wrong with wanting something from a previous Halo game in a newer halo game?
anyway If it could fit or not I'm 100% sure it won't appear in Halo 5, is just too late for even starting developing it, 343 has better thins to do, like focus on Halo 6 so it doesn't get as crap as Halo 5 at it's early launch, 343 had planned everything in their DLCs before the game even launched, but they where still in development so they add them in later DLCs, the falcon had never been in their plans (geez and thinking that all this started just because we didn't got a falcon in memories of reach, really??? the DLC promised Infection and the noble team's armors, it never said anything about the falcon, just stop complaining, it won't happen). Maybe for Halo 6 or later games it could be implemented, but is too late for having it on Halo 5, when are everyone going to understand that???
I'm not sore about that. All I want is to have a friend/s backing me up in a non-pilot gun in an air vehicle.
well, then you should play reach instead, after all it's now aviable on Xbox One, why would you try to add something in a different game for the sake of adding it if you have it already in another game you can still play???
Because I want it in a fresher Halo game. One that has a lot of potential(plus playing new alexandria lvl on the reach campaign gets boring after a while). Halo 5 could add it AND variants.
no it can't, Halo 6 can, but is too late for even starting developing the Falcon, how many times would I have to say that 343 had everything in the DLCs planned already before the game launched, they did them in DLCs because thjey needed to do some adjustments and they couldn't release that features since launch, THE FALCON WASN'T ON THEIR PLANS, IT NEEDS TOO MUCH TIME TO DEVELOP, TIME 343 COULD DO IN SOMETHING BETTER LIKE FOCUS ON HALO 6, ALL THE DLCS ARE ALREADY PLANNED, ADDING A FALCON WOULD NEED A WHOLE DLC WITH MORE REQS SKINS, ARMORS ETC.. AND THAT IS TOO MUCH WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY, ALSO IT WOULD BREAK THE SANDBOX, when will everyone understand this??? you can't just add a falcon in Halo 5 just with magic or something, try to think like it was your business, would you really risk all those things, money, time, resources, and sandbox just to fullfill a whim of some fans (not even all, just some), really????
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. ...
  7. 12