Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why the hell does everyone want a falcon so much?

OP Solaris XD

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
I know the topic of Falcons has been done to death in the past 24 hours, but I need to say it.

Why does everyone want a falcon from reach so much? Look I get it, everyone has a diffrent opinion, But to me, the falcon is literally the MOST OVER-RATED Vechile in the entire halo franchise. It was only in Halo: Reach and in that game it was pretty meh. So why does everyone want it in halo 5 so much? Yes, 343 -Yoinked!- up in covering a req card only for it to be a variant of something we already have, Causing to build up so much hype for a letdown, But we were never promised a falcon or a new Vechile to begin with.

Honestly, I'd prefer the hornet to be added for halo 5 over the falcon, but even then, I won't be pissed off over them not adding a Vechile for -Yoinks!- sake.

/end rant

EDIT: Thank you to everyone who responded, whether you agreed with me or not. I was having a pretty -Yoink- day irl so I kind of vented my frustration in the form of a paragraph of a typed rant on a video game (lol). Honestly, (and thanks to the people who pointed this out) looking back, I don't really like how I worded myself, especially on the last line,
Quote:
Am I the only sane person who thinks this way?
I should have gone into more depth why I think the falcon is over-rated and not have gone so crazy on other people's opinions. But whatever. I removed the last line, but I'm keeping everything else the same. In the future I will construct a better thread on my opinion on the falcon but I'll leave this for now.

if a mod sees this, feel free to lock it, because again, looking back, I'm not to proud of this thread. I stand by my opinion on the falcon, but the way I worded myself was horrible.
Feel free to comment why you think the falcon was so good in reach for it to be apocalyptic for 343 not to add it in halo 5, because I'm sorry, but I just don't see what's so good about it.
Its just a very cool and unique vehicle that is fun to use with a group of friends. It's the only aerial vehicle that has a gunner position. I always thought it was a fun feeling being the gunner and ruling the skies with your hopefully proficient pilot.
I don't think a UNSC flying vechile would last long in warzone. Sure it would be fun, but I feel how easy it is to destroy Vechiles in the game even without power weapons would make them almost useless. The banshee and phaeton have faster speeds and are able to to dodge lasers with their thrusts. The UNSC Vechiles kinda just hover, a laser or combined fire would drop them almost instantly.
I think the falcon sucked.... give me a hornet any day over it.
LethalQ wrote:
The hornet was a lot more functional than the falcon. With the falcon you had to rely on your gunners. Plus the hornet had rockets
It's not so much about the falcon, it's about 343 using the ONI symbol to cover the phaeton varaint. If they just blurred it like they have with every other req, yeah there would have been grumbles but not to this level.
Quote:
Am I the only sane person who thinks this way?
Well this could've been an okay thread.

So I haven't been following this whole thing that closely. From what I understand though 343I had had some shadiness going on with the way they went about advertising this thing, and given their track record with advertising I wouldn't doubt this. People claiming they were intentionally being lead on, that alone is enough to piss off the fanbase.
Personally I don't get the obsession with bringing back all these random items from previous games. Most of the time they're entirely redundant and pointless, but I guess the community wants what it wants. There's a couple of reasons why people want the Falcon in particular:

1. People have this mentality that every faction needs at least one version of every weapon type and vehicle type, so therefore we 'need' a UNSC air vehicle.
2. The Falcon is relatively unique compared to its alternatives, basically a floating warthog and not a one-man attack vehicle.

I take a quick glance around the forums and I'm seeing one of two things regarding this update. Either people getting irrationally angry and somehow disappointed (when will you guys ever learn to stop holding 343i to high expectations?), or people shilling like crazy with silly arguments. "Falcon can't dodge and it's slow so it would be underpowered anyways." Right, because it's impossible to balance adjust vehicles or implement new features into them.

Or maybe they aren't shilling and instead just trying to get everyone to calm down. Which, don't get me wrong, everyone does need to calm the -Yoink- down and stop spamming the forums with threads on this. But you're really not going to convince anyone with these arguments.

(Also, it should've really been a flying gungoose instead.)
I'm not mad that they didn't add it. I kinda expected this. But still, it wouldn't hurt to add it and adding any human vehicle would make people happy. But for Halo Reach, It's in the Top 3 Best Halo's. :)
People just want more variety. We have a ridiculous number of land vehicles, especially when you factor in variants (not complaining, i'm totally down for prowlers, revenants and choppers to make a return) but only 4 (soon to be 5) air vehicles. Adding the falcon would add a new game play dynamic. You could move a 3rd of your team across the map in no time which could lead to some awesome plays, it'd also just be something different. I'm down for any air vehicle addition, we just have 0 UNSC ones at the moment. Give me a hornet, falcon, hawk, hell even a pelican i'd be so down.
LethalQ wrote:
Okay, well you're getting that in the form of a new Phaeton variant. Lucky you!

See, this is the other reason we should get the Falcon instead of the Hornet.

Because the Phaeton is just a Hornet with more armor and a Forerunner skin plus the removal of the two passenger seats.
I think people are desperate for something new, and the falcon is a vehicle that would bring a different approach to vehicle warfare than what we currently have in H5. For instance, the Spectre, you hardly see anyone asking for it cause it's basically a warthog with a plasma turret instead of bullets. The falcon would be a UNSC air vehicle with multiple turret capability, something different. I can understand that people wanted the falcon, what I don't understand is people raging about not getting it when there has never been the tiniest tease that we would. No the word ONI on a req card did not hint at the falcon at all.
Sure would be easy to make variants for it.

Chaingun Falcon, Rocket Falcon, Passenger Falcon.
Personally I'd rather have the Hornet or Chopper...but anyone with sense would know that neither will happen.
I just miss the days of reach where I could grab the falcon no one picked up, pick up a few gunners and just fly around the map racking up plenty of wheelman sprees, because tbh it wasn't difficult to use, and with good coordination you or a gunner could spot the rocket giving plenty of time to start dodging it.
As for why others are so angry about the lack of falcon:
1. The update was called memories of Reach, and the armour and jorges chaingun (and the emblems no one really cares for) were the only things related to Reach.
2. They hid a REQ (that had nothing to do with Reach or ONI) behind an ONI symbol creating lots of false hope.
3. People have been asking for a UNSC air vehicle since they were removed for no reason back in halo 4. This updates name simply suggested that we would possibly get one now. Also I seem to remember reading that a 343 dev had said, around the release of halo 5, that they'd be implementing UNSC air vehicle at some point. (Of course I could just have imagined that)
I think people are desperate for something new, and the falcon is a vehicle that would bring a different approach to vehicle warfare than what we currently have in H5. For instance, the Spectre, you hardly see anyone asking for it cause it's basically a warthog with a plasma turret instead of bullets. The falcon would be a UNSC air vehicle with multiple turret capability, something different. I can understand that people wanted the falcon, what I don't understand is people raging about not getting it when there has never been the tiniest tease that we would. No the word ONI on a req card did not hint at the falcon at all.
That's true. I was hoping for a unsc aerial vehicle to bring some more fun into the vehicle battles in Warzone.
Honestly I think people just miss having a UNSC air vehicle, Halo 4 didn't have one either and I'm starting to think 343 really don't like them.
in reach multiplayer you had to rely on people in the side turrets of the falcon to survive. You could not fire the main turrets in multiplayer. That being said a phaeton helios seems better than a flying warthog {falcon} slow enough for spartan lasers to take it down. But i cant talk too much trash cause I'm thinking if the falcon did make a return then the pilot would be able to fire the main guns without having to rely on idiots in the sides. Still. Spartan lasers will be on that thing no problem.
I agree. Least of their worries adding a bloody Falcon. Plenty of things to do and fix ahead of it. We don't even have doubles yet!
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15