Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Why the tryhards in Warzone?

OP EliteSpartan575

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
people still think k/d matters?

wow.
After I played with my party and won, I saw a full team quit before we won. They all left lol, what sweaties. The only time I've quit, and can count it on 1 hand, is when the team work was absolutely unbarable. Those times I was not with a party, but not because K/D. When I am with a party, and we get a thrashing once in a while, we tend to stay till the end, even though they are at are core in about 200 points.
0
“Soon Halo’s reclamation will begin, but when it does, the weight of your denial will stay your feet, and you shall be left behind ”
Yea man you are being quite contradictory. Your title makes it seem like you hate tryhards but then when you go on to describe your porblem it would seem you are the try hard not only that but quitting out isn't worth it. If you are losing you don't have to quite out. Just slow the pace of your game, stick to the choke points and pull out a shot gun. I'm not trying to be mean but theres a chance that maybe your not understanding how to manage the flow of warzone game play. Again not trying to talk smack but i had these same problems you are talking about ONLY i never quit out and i always found a way around them.
I'm what people would describe as "butthurt" right now because Warzone decided that I need to play against an entire team of campers and tryhards who practically spoon each other so I can never get more than two kills while my team just walks out in the middle of the battlefield and dies and I'm caught being the only good player trying hard to earn points for my team while they're constantly doing -Yoink- all. I've had to force myself out of 4 games where my team was winning because I didn't have a good K/D and it's getting on my nerves, I'm earning less and less REQ points because of the -Yoink- I have to endure, the enemy always managing to get kill after kill on me when I always have the upper hand. Please tell me I'm not the only one dealing with this.
Sounds like you are the try hard that you hate. Caring about K/D in Warzone? And quitting games is just unsporting and rude, even if you are winning or not.
Would you mind refraining from using pointless pejoratives like "try hard" which mean absolutely nothing and instead refer to them more accurately as "video game players".

People may actually take something you say seriously if you do so.
Warzone is used by players to just farm kills to improve their k/d
I'm what people would describe as "butthurt" right now because Warzone decided that I need to play against an entire team of campers and tryhards who practically spoon each other so I can never get more than two kills while my team just walks out in the middle of the battlefield and dies and I'm caught being the only good player trying hard to earn points for my team while they're constantly doing -Yoink- all. I've had to force myself out of 4 games where my team was winning because I didn't have a good K/D and it's getting on my nerves, I'm earning less and less REQ points because of the -Yoink- I have to endure, the enemy always managing to get kill after kill on me when I always have the upper hand. Please tell me I'm not the only one dealing with this.
Just play Warzone then ... oh, wait.
Would you mind refraining from using pointless pejoratives like "try hard" which mean absolutely nothing and instead refer to them more accurately as "video game players".

People may actually take something you say seriously if you do so.
Tryhard is not a pejorative people. Stop this weak practice of criminalizing words you don't agree with. Tryhard is a thing where players grind past the point of the win. It is not anyone's identity. It is not singling out a person. Get some rhetorical skills and argue us out of it instead of trying hard to ban a descriptive term.
The people that you are upset at are only doing the same thing you're trying to do. They want to win games and get a good K/D. I'm sure they don't go into the game thinking "ok guys lets go ultra try hard and just destroy the other team!!". No one is being a "try hard" people are just trying to play the game to win. Just because it's social doesn't mean people aren't going to try and just screw around the whole time. I'm sick of players accusing people of being try hands when they are only simply trying to win.... Which is the purpose!
CHRIS673 wrote:
The people that you are upset at are only doing the same thing you're trying to do. They want to win games and get a good K/D. I'm sure they don't go into the game thinking "ok guys lets go ultra try hard and just destroy the other team!!". No one is being a "try hard" people are just trying to play the game to win. Just because it's social doesn't mean people aren't going to try and just screw around the whole time. I'm sick of players accusing people of being try hands when they are only simply trying to win.... Which is the purpose!
There is a difference you may not be doing but it doesn't mean others aren't. Does that make sense?

Fighting beyond the win (a BTB going 100-0 for example, which has happened and you can YouTube) is clear cut tryhardness. Arena teams stomping after they are assured the win--only wins count for ranking up, not kills, so why the emphasis on high kill total at that point? Tryhards have egos that force them to show off at any and every opportunity. I have one on my friends list and he's a real jerk about his kills and having his kills "stolen." Yes, tryhard is a real thing.
I hate that word "tryhard", isn't that the whole point in gaming is to TRY and win matches in matchmaking? So your telling me that I pay for Xbox live just to not try and play the game and to run around like a chicken with its head cut off not caring about the match that I'm in? Your just mad because you get your butt kicked in mulitplayer then you call all those people that owned you "Tryhards". I don't care about K/D as well but I still like to try and win at matches. You can't win them all though but that's what gaming is all about, you win some you lose some. I just hate people that take gaming way to seriously, these are the real tryhards. They go absolute bonkers and throw a tantrum like a child when they lose the match, it's so funny listening to them cry and scream at there tv's but seriously dude it's just a game calm down you can't win them all.
My definition is someone that is too serious and is not even having fun playing a game.

But that is probably the wrong definition.
McGrunty wrote:
McGrunty wrote:
If the team is winning, I absolutely never back out. Due to the req point increase from a win. (that being said 99% of the time we are winning due to my actions as well)

Now if the enemy team gets 300 to 50 in the first 2 minutes of the game due to my team having the coordination of a goldfish then yeah I'm gone, as I'm not going to get slaughtered AND have less req points to show for it.

KD means absolutely nothing in war-zone, seriously, I went 60-3 in one game and we LOST. It's nice to rack up kills, but I like winning in warzone above everything.
Seriously? Quitting out of matches? Games get turned around, I've been in teams trailing by more and we've turned it around, people like you who leave mid game are my main source of frustration in that playlist. Losing is part of the game, don't like it? Then don't play, you might as well see the game through to the end and contribute all you can. By the sounds of it most of the people complaining about not enjoying warzone are lone wolfing it and expecting a team of randoms or odd teams of two to win the game, it doesn't happen, you want to win/enjoy warzone, put a fireteam together, get on the spartan companies, the forum or the lfg to find people with the same play attitude and you'll do better.
Some people truly don't get it. You are one of them, so I'll break it down and explain real simple so you can understand:

I don't leave mid game, I assess that the random team I got matched with in the beginning is going to be worthless, based on careful observations (is my team moving in the correct direction? Are they objective oriented? Are they able to defend themselves in a firefight with the enemy? Did they get wiped by the starting AI?) and then proceed to make the judgement call if it's worth my time to try to carry 11 people. I never leave mid-game. Not to mention leaving in the first 3 minutes of a warzone game would be bad...if you weren't INSTANTLY replaced by the join in progress system. I'm a fantastic teammate to have but I do not suffer noobs, and when I'm playing solo you need to make a judgement call if the randoms you got matched up with are worth the EFFORT. If you wish to remain in a game where more then 3/4 of your team is worthless, then please by my guest. I'll be too busy in a game with sentient people worth my time and effort. And unfortunately all of my friends are playing other games that came out recently so my fireteam options are limited as I'm not really looking for new people to play with in this interim time.

Once again, I'm not talking about getting into bad games, I'm talking about getting into unacceptably bad games.
Riiight, well however you play, leaving after starting a game simply because you convinced yourself the team will lose seems silly to me, not to mention bad manners. You say you arent looking for new players so you've got to expect bad games, not to mention I've seen teams of randoms suddenly gel together and pull some sick reversals, not often but it happens.
Sounds like your the try hard... you actually admitted to it in the op
ChaosAgito wrote:
A lot of people don't seem to realize how Warzone is supposed to be played, so no you're not alone.

That being said, I generally have a bad k/d, so I'm clearly not the best player around. Even then I think that it's ridiculous how people hardly contribute in the gametypes. If it's not a player using a Ghost, using a tank/wraith, camping a mid-base, or stealing the last hit on a Legendary Boss after the enemy team soften it into mashed potato, it's gonna be a player that ignores any form of strategy and tries to kill them head on.

At least tryhards shoot you in the back, you know.

Not gonna lie, at this point the only reason I keep playing Warzone is because I really want to unlock all the customization options.
Warzone strikes me as a gametype without an audience; it is simultaneously meant to be a casual, laid-back replacement for social playlists and requires some serious Ocean's 11 communication and coordination to succeed. And that's to say nothing of its other flaws. I only play it if I don't feel like borking one of the arena ranks I care about, and even then I can barely put myself through two or three games. I hate it.
You do not have to succeed to have fun in warzone.
ChaosAgito wrote:
A lot of people don't seem to realize how Warzone is supposed to be played, so no you're not alone.

That being said, I generally have a bad k/d, so I'm clearly not the best player around. Even then I think that it's ridiculous how people hardly contribute in the gametypes. If it's not a player using a Ghost, using a tank/wraith, camping a mid-base, or stealing the last hit on a Legendary Boss after the enemy team soften it into mashed potato, it's gonna be a player that ignores any form of strategy and tries to kill them head on.

At least tryhards shoot you in the back, you know.

Not gonna lie, at this point the only reason I keep playing Warzone is because I really want to unlock all the customization options.
Warzone strikes me as a gametype without an audience; it is simultaneously meant to be a casual, laid-back replacement for social playlists and requires some serious Ocean's 11 communication and coordination to succeed. And that's to say nothing of its other flaws. I only play it if I don't feel like borking one of the arena ranks I care about, and even then I can barely put myself through two or three games. I hate it.
The problem is it's the only playlist you can join with a party bigger than four so that is where all the big parties go so if your solo yeah probably going to lose and that sucks.

Only reason I play it is for the req points and that seems to be a theme with a lot of others but at least we get BTB soon
Myala wrote:
You do not have to succeed to have fun in warzone.
I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a failure, personally.
Myala wrote:
You do not have to succeed to have fun in warzone.
I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a failure, personally.
There are a lot people that just like running around in a game with crazy alien guns, driving vehicles, and blowing random aliens and enemies up! In warzone I can do all those things whether I win or lose. And with the last shot boss system, crazy unbalanced weapons, wins and losses are many times just bad luck so there is not too much of a failure feeling with it.
Myala wrote:
Myala wrote:
You do not have to succeed to have fun in warzone.
I don't remember the last time I enjoyed a failure, personally.
There are a lot people that just like running around in a game with crazy alien guns, driving vehicles, and blowing random aliens and enemies up! In warzone I can do all those things whether I win or lose. And with the last shot boss system, crazy unbalanced weapons, wins and losses are many times just bad luck so there is not too much of a failure feeling with it.
You got me there. Given the current metagame in dealing with legendary bosses, there's not much of a sense of accomplishment to accompany success anyway.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3