why theres ranking down.

OP MEA Lone Wolf42

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Icarusael wrote:
There could have been a cumulative ranking and a pro ranking, which would be a shame for noob like me! Because I play a lot and I am not very good xD
there's still Spartan rank for casuals, but MM is done on rating... In theory
It's Team Slayer. If you want to rank up, you need a good team that won't quit on you.
The punishment for losses is too great. I get +5 xp for wins and -15 or -25 for losses. It's broken.
Welcome to high tier Halo 2 rankings. This is what you all have been begging for. Obviously you never pushed past grade 30 if you think this is broken. As the kids say, "Get good or get rekt."
The punishment for losses is too great. I get +5 xp for wins and -15 or -25 for losses. It's broken.

innocent always gets the punishment for loosing. why the teamkillers and rage quitters dont get their punishment?
Quitting counts as a loss still and you still lose rank, even if you dashboard and crash the client. 343 covered their bases in that regard. The only thing it doesn't effect is your KDA.
Icarusael wrote:
There could have been a cumulative ranking and a pro ranking, which would be a shame for noob like me! Because I play a lot and I am not very good xD
SR(spartan rank) is cumulative. the medal is a competitive rank.
it works that because it is a skill rank, that is your rank and who you ought to be playing with. people are so dense. you have to understand the whole point of a ranking system is to match player up with similarly ranked player so that that the game is fair. NOT to have an end goal. no one "deserves" a 50 or whatever dumb rank they use in this stupid game. do you understand? if you "stuck being a major grade 3" in halo 3 then that IS THE RANK YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE. do you get it? if you played players higher ranked than you, you lost. when you played players lower then you won. therefore you ought to be play OTHER major grade 3s so that the game is fair. do you comprehend this? because i doubt you will.
This is all well and good but the game currently does not match up with even teams. But alas this is a beta and is to be expected with only one playlist and new players etc.
Strongly agree with you.
It's based on your performance, I've lost and still ranked up +15
its really frustrating when you lose one or two matches you rank down its really annoying like in halo 3 like i'm stuck being a major grade 3 especially when you start 4v4 and 3 players quit on your team it just made things worse when you quit you still rank down it doesn't happen on halo reach.
I'm going to assume you never played ranked Halo 2. Halo 2's ranking system was even more brutal to people who lost to lower ranks than you. This type of ranking promotes people to party up and use teamwork if you care about your rank. If you don't care about a rank next to your name and just want to play for the sake of playing, then don't worry about it.

As someone stated before in this thread, the purpose of having this type of ranking system is to match people the similar rank so that there would be more competitive (even) matches. Right now in MCC it's not even close. Teams are winning 50-15, you occasionally get a close game, but very rarely in my experience with MCC. These ranks help sort out who should be playing who and give people an overall better experience playing the game. If you were constantly on the team with 15 kills and always losing, you would get discouraged and stop playing the game all together.

Your statement about Halo Reach is not accurate. Technically the system you are talking about is just a progression rank where you get awarded for winning or losing (not a skill ranking system). H5 beta does have that progression system. Reach though did have a type of skilled ranking system, which was the Arena Playlist. You were ranked in a certain category each season after playing your qualifying games. This rank would go up or down depending on if you win or lose the game. So Reach did try and do a skilled ranking system, but failed.
CSR should be compensated for not only wins and losses but for what ranks the other people are and how many people you have on your team. If it also work with this that would be great. I like how it is at the moment though.
Truth be told.
Icarusael wrote:
Play more. I notice the more you play the more better and familiar with the way things work in game improve
Hopefully 343 has a fix for people who want to purposely down rank. I remember this being an issue in either H2 or H3 where people were team killing to down rank quicker. I'd hate to see this MM reward down rankers.
I see people with both way worse win/loss records and kd then myself but they are three, four, and sometimes even five tiers ahead of me in CSR. Any insight to this would be greatly appreciated.
deVerdeler wrote:
deVerdeler wrote:
deVerdeler wrote:
deVerdeler wrote:
deVerdeler wrote:
deVerdeler wrote:
its really frustrating when you lose one or two matches you rank down its really annoying like in halo 3 like i'm stuck being a major grade 3 especially when you start 4v4 and 3 players quit on your team it just made things worse when you quit you still rank down it doesn't happen on halo reach.

Lol what de vak? ITs called ranking you dumb .. You rank up or down.

do you really have to offend me just for my sentence?

I 'am sorry b. Its the internet.. not my fault =(

no its you, you type that with your own words.

You dont have proof it was me ^^

why are you trolling?

But seriously. That's why there is a ranking down. Its called a ranking.

What reach or halo 4 had, was no ranking but just a system that shows you how long you ve played halo.

your changing the subject now im asking you why are you trolling

No.. in fact i went back to the subject.

and your still trolling and your reported goodnight

Reported for what haha xD.. Grow up and stop asking dumb questions.
no you grow up.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3