Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why to ppl keep dropping and picking up the flag??

OP HERKFOOT21

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6
I only throw the flag once I've already been spotted, but once you drop the flag for a few (2-4 seconds) you back to being "hidden" when you pick it up again. I've seen juggling, but I prefer stealth. Running solo, you cannot always depend on your team. Also, stealth in CTF is one of the only things that can even up a a shorthanded team. I've been on teams where a player quit (early on) & we still won. With all the new movement modes in H5 boosting your running speed, & the closet sized maps, the enemy knowing your location is one of the LAST things you need.
The tactic is called juggling.
This has got to be a troll topic TC is getting us all
Its a lot faster and it works when you know when and where to pull it.
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
So far none of these reasons are legit. You don't win by being "faster" you win by being smarter. It's just like the game of football, just because your faster doesn't mean your better and are gonna score all the time. You gotta be smart and sneaky. When i see enemies doing that i aim right for them, whereas when idk where they are i panic when trying to find it
Generally in higher level games the players are smart enough to know where the flag runner is, whether he's running it or not. Not running it is just too slow.

If you watch pros play. They often run the flag. Why? Because it's most effective.

You're an inexperienced player. You shouldn't assume you know best.
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
So far none of these reasons are legit. You don't win by being "faster" you win by being smarter. It's just like the game of football, just because your faster doesn't mean your better and are gonna score all the time. You gotta be smart and sneaky. When i see enemies doing that i aim right for them, whereas when idk where they are i panic when trying to find it
They aren't legit? I can tell you're a new player to Halo because you have no idea what flag juggling is. But it is a legit tactic and works well.

Edit: flag juggling has been around for over 10 years and still works... hell, they even made it a "feature" in Halo 5. So just because you're too new to understand it doesn't make it bad.
lol I like how you keep thinking i'm "new to halo" and then you don't even think i know what the flag dropping is when this whole -Yoinking!- tread is exactly about that lol. When you drop it it gives you a fraction of a boost, yes i know it gives you a boost but the tiny amount to me is not enough vs the tactic of playing smart. Before on the halos it always showed where the carrier is but now your only shown if youve been hit. You must be new to halo to understand that. I'll take being sneak and having ppl not know where i am. Hell i just played a game on Altar CTF and every time they captured our flag i wasn't sure which way to go to try and find them to get it back. I was hoping they would drop it and pick it up again and us that "strategy" but they didn't. You might wanna know where your talking to there because you assume i'm new there bud.
You definitely want to edit your op then. Your op reads, in a summarized fashion, "why do people flag juggle? I don't understand. What's the benefit?"

Pretty much nobody on waypoint reads responses for some reason so you're going to continue to get
Syxnrgy wrote:
The tactic is called juggling.
Enroj wrote:
This has got to be a troll topic TC is getting us all
these kinds of responses.

On topic, I agree with MrMartini85 and RoninOjisan. There's a time for stealth and there's a time for flag juggling. If you're spotted, flag juggle. If you're team has significantly more people alive than the other team, flag juggle.
If you combine your Spartan abilities properly it can be soo much faster than normal, just watch this : https://youtu.be/Rxxn_x4D1sQ?t=558
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
Being sneaky at a high level is hard to do. Speed is always the better option. Speed with force spawns are almost alays a cap. Flag running is needed. The only time sneaky is needed is if you flag is away. But once again at a certain level of gameplay your going to be known where you are.
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
They aren't legit? I can tell you're a new player to Halo because you have no idea what flag juggling is. But it is a legit tactic and works well.

Edit: flag juggling has been around for over 10 years and still works... hell, they even made it a "feature" in Halo 5. So just because you're too new to understand it doesn't make it bad.
lol I like how you keep thinking i'm "new to halo" and then you don't even think i know what the flag dropping is when this whole -Yoinking!- tread is exactly about that lol. When you drop it it gives you a fraction of a boost, yes i know it gives you a boost but the tiny amount to me is not enough vs the tactic of playing smart. Before on the halos it always showed where the carrier is but now your only shown if youve been hit. You must be new to halo to understand that. I'll take being sneak and having ppl not know where i am. Hell i just played a game on Altar CTF and every time they captured our flag i wasn't sure which way to go to try and find them to get it back. I was hoping they would drop it and pick it up again and us that "strategy" but they didn't. You might wanna know where your talking to there because you assume i'm new there bud.
Did you just call me new? Take a look at my profile, I've stated I've been around since at least 2004.

And the only reason I assume you're new is because you asked about something that's been in since CE, so 15 years this year. No old player would question it, "newbie". So get more salty, please, and give more excuses.

Ps, there's a difference between "your" and "you're".
#REQ'd lol
I do this all the time, it's much faster especially if you know how to combine your spartan abilities with juggling. The only times I wouldn't drop the flag is if all of my teammates died, my teams flag is away or the enemy team is in their base when I've just picked up the flag.
You throw the flag further ahead of you while jumping so you can sprint/thrust towards it. You can get your flag back to your base probably 3+ times faster than if you walk it if you don't suck at running it. Walking is only good when your whole team is dead and you are trying to hide, it's useless to walk it back to your base thinking that "they won't find you" because any good players will ignore you and run straight to your base and take your flag/wait for you.
It's flag juggling. It's much faster as you can sprint and throw the flag farther with your thrusters. You do sacrifice your position for speed, but I usually manage to get the capture when I do this.
If you're playing arena ctf properly with skilled players then you're slaying before pulling the flag and your positioning is forcing your opponents to spawn in certain areas. Flag juggling is typically the best option because you're trying to run the flag as quickly as possible. At diamond and onyx tier most players are able to predict where the flag runner is so being stealthy usually gets you killed.
it's also a good way to taunt the enemy team if they are losing.
It doesn't make a difference to flag juggle in halo 5 anyway because you can thruster with the flag now.
So many bad responses lol. Flag juggling is the term op. It's used to cap faster, HOWEVER (since many fail to say so) you can't just go all Willy bully with it in h5 cuz your position is shown (as you mentioned). Even then tho that doesn't not mean I should never juggle the flag. It's a matter of seperation from enemy players, having team members being able to block off routes to me, and me being able to stay with cover and not expose myself to open field. Flag juggling IS the main way to cap flags and traditionally has always been the way to do it. It takes smarts to do it correctly, just cuz my position is lost does not mean I'll stop it lol. there's many vids that will show good ways to do this method, you're just running into guys whom do it wrong or he lacked a competent team to cover.
youre dead for 8 seconds. doesnt matter if you know where i am. flag will already be capped by the time you respawn
Hey, I would not complain when the opposing team does it: "I can see you now sucker!"
Seto wrote:
It doesn't make a difference to flag juggle in halo 5 anyway because you can thruster with the flag now.
It makes a huge difference.

All you guys saying that flag juggling doesn't make a difference, need to go into custom games, load up Ctf and time yourself just running with the flag and throwing the flag and running. It's considerably faster.

They way I play ctf (granted im not very good) I just play slayer until we are in a half decent position and we have 2or 3 dead on the other team. At that point we cap and race the respawn. Juggling will get the flag where you need to go considerably faster. Stealth caps just don't work as well once you start playing against other teams. Even if you are not spotted they wil have an idea where you're going and will be setting up to counter cap or come and end you. Both of these are less likely to happen if you're much faster.

Btw throwing the flag on truth to teamaates makes for an unbelievably fast cap, like seconds. You're missing out on a very valuable technique by not utilizing this.
When I'm running the flag I usually toss it a far distance then pick it up then toss it a far distance then pick it up etc etc..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 6