Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why to ppl keep dropping and picking up the flag??

OP HERKFOOT21

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
Why do so many players when returning the flag on CTF run with it and let it go, pick it up, let it go etc??? That completely gives your position away and the enemy team knows where you are? i personally love when the other team does that so i can follow where they are and know where to go to.
Go faster
It makes it quicker when we have atleast two pleople of the enemy team dead. Once they respawn (which I count the seconds in my head) I pick up the flag and walk with it.
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
Why do so many players when returning the flag on CTF run with it and let it go, pick it up, let it go etc??? That completely gives your position away and the enemy team knows where you are? i personally love when the other team does that so i can follow where they are and know where to go to.
Honestly it depends if you want speed or stealth
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
It all has to do with running the flag back to your base as fast as possible while the enemy team is respawning. If there is 3 players dead on the other team and I can run it 3/4 of the way while they are still dead and I will most likely be safe. If i were to only walk it then I may only get halfway, which leads to the other team being able to catch up to me faster.

You are still correct though. Walking the flag still has its perks, it just depends on the situation.
that is called flag juggling and it is very important. flag juggling helps you get the flag across the map much faster which leads to an easier cap. if you just hold it, you are just giving the enemy team more time to grab your flag and bring things to a stalemate. majority of the time you pull the flag, you should be juggling unless you're one of those annoying rambo flag runners who just walk in and grab the flag with no -Yoinks!- to give about how many enemies are dead or alive. when you juggle, be sure to sprint and thrust to get that flag across the map as quick as possible. the only time you shouldn't be juggling is if you're in a tight space, if you have a low roof above your head, or if you are in a situation where you really can't give off your position like if you sneaked into their base and pulled it with all 3 or 4 enemies up. once you are spotted though, you might as well get the kill if possible and begin juggling. for the most part unless you are against clueless noobs, the enemy team will know where you're at or what route you took which is also why you would want to juggle. if you really want to see the full benefits to juggling or want to pick up on other tricks, try watching some pro league and pay attention to what the casters say if you don't already watch it.
You can essentially sprint with the flag
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
So far none of these reasons are legit. You don't win by being "faster" you win by being smarter. It's just like the game of football, just because your faster doesn't mean your better and are gonna score all the time. You gotta be smart and sneaky. When i see enemies doing that i aim right for them, whereas when idk where they are i panic when trying to find it
you're not thinking tactics. real teams only go for the flag when the other team has 1-2 players alive. instead of 1 person randomly taking the flag like in random, casual matches, they position so the other team spawns in a bad spot to counter (called "pulling"). people toss the flag after thrusting and jumping so they can launch it further. In a real match, you'll have teammates backing you up so you dont have to worry. sometimes when they respawn too early, you can drop the flag and pick it up to bait them, allowing your teammates to flank and take then out. that how it SHOULD be played, not everyone rushing the flag, leaving no defense. Flag tossing is also good for passing it to your teammates, like across the red and blue bridge in coliseum.
BmooDyyy wrote:
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
It all has to do with running the flag back to your base as fast as possible while the enemy team is respawning. If there is 3 players dead on the other team and I can run it 3/4 of the way while they are still dead and I will most likely be safe. If i were to only walk it then I may only get halfway, which leads to the other team being able to catch up to me faster.

You are still correct though. Walking the flag still has its perks, it just depends on the situation.
if you're spotted, you can drop the flag and pick it up to lose it spot. also, you teammates should be in a position there the other team spawns in a bad spot. i only walk if i have the flag and it's a 4v4.
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
So far none of these reasons are legit. You don't win by being "faster" you win by being smarter. It's just like the game of football, just because your faster doesn't mean your better and are gonna score all the time. You gotta be smart and sneaky. When i see enemies doing that i aim right for them, whereas when idk where they are i panic when trying to find it
flag juggling IS smarter, if you dont juggle when pulling, you're giving the other team more time to find you or get your flag.
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
You can get the flag faster to the base but it required coordination usually more skilled okaywrs do it (onyx I guess) they stick together grab the flag after they killed 2-3 people and have body guards while some stay mid and suppress this happened alot in precious halos without sprint but now most don't do it as much.
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
it is much faster movement of the flag
it's a tactic to prepare people for attack, and moves the flag faster. this technique was used in Halo 2 for moving multiple weapons at once.
I think OP is butt hurt because his team does this and they lose, thats why you gotta defend your flag carrier bro.
Also everyone here saying its a legit strategy is right, when I first saw it I though my team was stupid and basically what you're saying. Then my friend pointed all this out to me and I tried it myself and all that jazz.

Point is, It's not only legit, but MLG pros do it. You saying the pros are stupid and don't know how to play? I'm pretty sure those dudes know what their doing.
sometimes we need to shoot down the aggressor with a different weapon
OP - between sprint, thrust, slide you are able to move the flag 2x-3x times as fast compared to walking it. If you have at least a somewhat competent team who can slay, it will be enough to at least slow them down to allow the capture.

im sorry your comprehension or ability to perform this is lacking
It's a cheap strategy that has existed in Halo from the beginning
He oído que es más rápido para recuperarlo de esa manera, pero yo sólo dejo caer si necesito para defenderse de los atacantes, prefiero correr con ella.
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
I don't know either mate, just stupid, because everytime someone starts doing it... Well, let's just say they don't make it back to their flag 😏
I'm guessing that you're not a long time Halo player...
MLG strats bro. thats how the pros do it
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6