Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why to ppl keep dropping and picking up the flag??

OP HERKFOOT21

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
It's a risk-reward tactic.

Makes ya move across the map faster BUT also reveals yer trail :p
In my opinion,it's quicker to move flag releasing and grasping it but it has its pros/cons
Its more quickly
because you can decoy ppl by dropping it
We did it in the older game because flag juggling allowed you to move faster. But in Halo 5, like you said, it gives away your position. So I only do it once I hear "you've been spotted" and I say "oh -Yoink!-" (since my position has already been given away) and I start juggling my butt off to get the flag as far as I can.

Halo 4 had a weird thing where you automatically picked up the flag by touching it and you couldn't drop it until you either captured it or you died. It was annoying because it limited your ability to fight with it (you couldn't set it down and fight off an enemy then pick it back up) and it showed the enemy team where you were the whole time with a big marker saying "Hey, the enemy is right here with your flag" the entire time you had it.

CE was awesome because you could carry the flag and drive yourself in a Ghost at the same time like a boss. Which was WAY too OP but kinda necessary what with those magnums sniping people out of Warthogs. It was not only legit, it was so legit that it was legitimate.
Well said
This thread is wild lol
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
So far none of these reasons are legit. You don't win by being "faster" you win by being smarter. It's just like the game of football, just because your faster doesn't mean your better and are gonna score all the time. You gotta be smart and sneaky. When i see enemies doing that i aim right for them, whereas when idk where they are i panic when trying to find it
Your an idiot. Flag juggling is a very effective strategy. It was even removed in Halo 4, and because of how many requests there was to bring it back, 343 did.
usually theyre using their jet pack thingy so they can go faster then they pick it up again so they can keep going
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
So far none of these reasons are legit. You don't win by being "faster" you win by being smarter. It's just like the game of football, just because your faster doesn't mean your better and are gonna score all the time. You gotta be smart and sneaky. When i see enemies doing that i aim right for them, whereas when idk where they are i panic when trying to find it
Your an idiot. Flag juggling is a very effective strategy. It was even removed in Halo 4, and because of how many requests there was to bring it back, 343 did.
actuallly being smart will help you cause if your an idiot youll probably kill urself
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
actuallly being smart will help you cause if your an idiot youll probably kill urself
People can move too fast in Halo 5. Trying to be sneaky generally doesn't work for me, they just run over to their base and kill me before I can leave.
You can sprint while juggling the flag.
As annoying as it is when someone drops the flag and picks it up again and repeats, whats even more annoying and angering for me is when people do it it constantly reveals the location of the flag, and yet no one does anything. This always happens with my team: the enemy takes our flag and drops/picks up/repeats it, thus making it fairly clear where it is, but all my other teammates are doing is anything but going to get back the freakin' flag!! And whats worse is when my teammates do the same thing to the enemy's flag after they get it, except the enemy actually knows whats going on and get back their flag back with ease!!
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
What if being smarter means being faster?
Because they're not skilled enough to get the flag back to their base so they have to abuse game mechanics to give themselves an advantage.
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
So far none of these reasons are legit. You don't win by being "faster" you win by being smarter. You gotta be smart and sneaky. When i see enemies doing that i aim right for them, whereas when idk where they are i panic when trying to find it
Do you play by yourself in games because that's the vibe I'm getting? When by yourself, it can be better to be sneaky sometimes because you don't have communication and you may have to pull flags at the wrong times due to teammates not working together.

When playing with a team, you juggle a flag more because you're more likely to run the flag at the correct times due to having map control which is also communicated by your teammates. You don't have to worry about being sneaky or getting shot and dying because your teammates are controlling the spawns and you can juggle the flag on a safe route to your base which is the smart way to play, btw. It's also the faster way to move the flag which has already been pointed out numerous times.
I remember in Halo 4 when they stuck the flag to our hands, only way to drop it once you picked it up was to die :\
its quicker
Homble wrote:
Because they're not skilled enough to get the flag back to their base so they have to abuse game mechanics to give themselves an advantage.
Please tell me this is a troll post. Please.
I usually try to stealth walk it back because, like the OP said, dropping it gives away your position. I only drop the flag if either I get spotted or trying to fight off enemies, or I'm in a situation where I'm trying to fast-break it and want to prioritize speed over stealth. Each has pros and cons, speed vs stealth.
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
Why do so many players when returning the flag on CTF run with it and let it go, pick it up, let it go etc??? That completely gives your position away and the enemy team knows where you are? i personally love when the other team does that so i can follow where they are and know where to go to.
noob
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6