Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why to ppl keep dropping and picking up the flag??

OP HERKFOOT21

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6
So they can cap it before the enemy team respawns. As you shoul only be pulling the flag when 1-2 enemies are shown as a red x on the scoreboard (respawning).
Best explanation so far.
OP : you don't care to show you position when the enemies are on the opposite side of the map or dead...
It's way quicker; but mostly, ONLY, affective in competitive play. The main purpose of it is to go faster; but again taking the fastest route, while you're guarded, against a team who already knows where you are at all times. In casual play, especially if you're solo, it's best to sneak if across. Of course if you're sighted, you should use this technique to get out of fire faster and to reset the spotting.
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
So far none of these reasons are legit. You don't win by being "faster" you win by being smarter. It's just like the game of football, just because your faster doesn't mean your better and are gonna score all the time. You gotta be smart and sneaky. When i see enemies doing that i aim right for them, whereas when idk where they are i panic when trying to find it
They aren't legit? I can tell you're a new player to Halo because you have no idea what flag juggling is. But it is a legit tactic and works well.

Edit: flag juggling has been around for over 10 years and still works... hell, they even made it a "feature" in Halo 5. So just because you're too new to understand it doesn't make it bad.
Yes this.

When i kill the flag carrier, its when they are sneaking around. When they juggle I'm usually waiting to respawn/being blocked by their team mates. "Sneaking" doesn't help against players who know every route back to the base.

If you pull the flag, juggle then die, it means you pulled it when the enemy team was up and able.
It makes you move notably faster. To the people that say it's not smart, you are wrong. I good team is going to more or less know where you are with the flag no matter what. There are only a limited amount of flag routes and with sprint it's easier to catch the flag than ever. Moving faster is a massive advantage in this regard.

You can combo flag juggling with sprint and thrusters now to go faster than any flag juggling in any Halo game to date. It's a legit tactic.
Its faster, but only if done at the correct time. I often see people try it when half of their team is dead, and they are quickly stopped. As with all strategies, there is a time and a place
HERKFOOT21 wrote:
So far none of these reasons are legit. You don't win by being "faster" you win by being smarter. It's just like the game of football, just because your faster doesn't mean your better and are gonna score all the time. You gotta be smart and sneaky. When i see enemies doing that i aim right for them, whereas when idk where they are i panic when trying to find it
They aren't legit? I can tell you're a new player to Halo because you have no idea what flag juggling is. But it is a legit tactic and works well.

Edit: flag juggling has been around for over 10 years and still works... hell, they even made it a "feature" in Halo 5. So just because you're too new to understand it doesn't make it bad.
Tell em brotha! It makes you move substantially faster with the flag. If you're playing on a map where there is no use in getting in a hog to return to base you start juggling that -Yoink- and make it back before the enemy team knows what hit em.
He oído que es más rápido para recuperarlo de esa manera, pero yo sólo dejo caer si necesito para defenderse de los atacantes, prefiero correr con ella.
What he said. /\
Juggling is mostly only effective in Competitive play. OP saying he "snuck it on Altar CTF"..... well yeah. You're playing BTB. Good luck flag-juggling to make a huge difference in a casual environment when it's more than 4v4. People wander around aimlessly in that playlist most of the time as it is. In Arena/Competitive modes everyone pretty much knows where everyone is at all times, so the element of surprise really makes no difference. It's better to juggle it.
You should be flag juggling a good 95% of the time. Even with the indicator in this game, juggling is even more necessary because of the movement speed and map agility your opponents can dish out.

This halo is farm more swarm based. Being down a man is almost a guarantee for failure. By the time you slow run halfway across the map, the other team has respawned and traveled across the map to get in shooting range. If you have to help, you're no longer hidden. If you die with flag, it's not as far as it could have been. Your position is also worse because your choice is limited to how far you have traveled instead of having the option to drop the flag in a place that is strategically better.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. ...
  6. 6