Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why try so hard?

OP BlinKid182

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This is mainly focused on Warzone Turbo. I started playing last night and my first three matches each lasted about 2-3 minutes. The very first thing enemy players would do is rush the base closest to my team's starting point, overpowered as F*** with weapons and armor perks, to capture it and keep us in the starting point. Then the rest of the team rushes the core and that's a wrap...
Now, I completely understand that this is Turbo and people are supposed to get all powered up and stuff, but don't people actually want to play? You don't have to capture the base or destroy the core; just run around and destroy as many people as you want, that's fine. But to just the game after 2 minutes?

Why do people enjoy playing this way? Just looking for some view points on the matter. Thanks!
I don’t play warzone so this is just a guess but they could be playing because they want to get the quick xp to have a chance to reach sr152.
Grinding for xp😒
I don't get it though either. Its like people like the pat on the back of xp more than the game itself. Lame
Could be... But I always get way less XP in short games compared to a full match. It seems pretty proportional to how long the game lasts.
Would you rather be cored right away and loose 1000-4 or be trapped in your spawn and farmed for 20 minutes?
I’ll take option one every time.
Would you rather be cored right away and loose 1000-4 or be trapped in your spawn and farmed for 20 minutes?
Agreed. If we are going to get beat that bad, I would rather the enemy destroy our core so we can all move on to the next game.
I would rather have the enemy team destroy the core right away than to wait 20 minutes for the game to end while getting killed repeatedly.
I used to love Warzone but can never play it anymore because of problems like these. It's not just Turbo either (though it makes it worse). Every game I play is just either farming or instant coring. I don't have a clue how they could rebalance it to fix this though.

I would rather have the enemy team destroy the core right away than to wait 20 minutes for the game to end while getting killed repeatedly.
Ironic that you have Achilles.
I used to love Warzone but can never play it anymore because of problems like these. It's not just Turbo either (though it makes it worse). Every game I play is just either farming or instant coring. I don't have a clue how they could rebalance it to fix this though.

How is it ironic that he has Achilles?

I have a deep hate for the armor as I view it as the reason Warzone died in the first place.

I have a deep hate for the armor as I view it as the reason Warzone died in the first place.
Game is 3.5 years old. I'm sure a lot of people have Achilles by now.
It's a strategy for XP or whatever reason they're doing it for. Have you tried using your own overpowered weapons against them?
I sure would rather have a team quick core than farm for max score/time. I have been grinding some turbo for XP and I seem to only win like one out of ten games now a days... But the xp payout is good especially with legendary xp boost, was able to get three packs with my Microsoft rewards, been getting like 100k XP an hour 🙂
Agreed. If we are going to get beat that bad, I would rather the enemy destroy our core so we can all move on to the next game.
I feel that if the team was just able to establish a foothold and actually get started that we could probably make a game out of it. The way it is now we lose before anyone even knows what's going on...
LUKEPOWA wrote:
It's a strategy for XP or whatever reason they're doing it for. Have you tried using your own overpowered weapons against them?
You can try and use your weapons. But your head will probably fly off the moment you leave spawn.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Usually not. I would hate to pull out some of my best equipment I own just to have the core destroyed 3 seconds after I spawn in with it. I'm sure there are others that feel the same way and that's part of the problem why we can't ever come back
Spawning an Ultra Banshee would probably be your best bet. You can take some hits, kill a few people or you can get out of your spawn area quickly.
Most the time I can tell it's a team to curb stomp against my team so most the time I spawn active camo and sniper rifle and just keep a low profile so to speak. As a solo gamer I am usually on the team of quitters or those who don't use reqs. But there are times I like to stack speed boost and run around the map like a mad man with a sword.
Yeah, using camo and being sneaky can work as well. You could probably get a hijack or blow up one of their ground vehicles.
Yeah it's pretty annoying. Just had 3 matches in a row where our core was destroyed before we even hit 100 points.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2