Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why try so hard?

OP BlinKid182

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Because losing sucks.
Yup, seems to be the problem with all the Warzone games - the loosing team doesn't req power weapons and the winning team does which ensures the winners keep winning.
LethalQ wrote:
I sure would rather have a team quick core than farm for max score/time. I have been grinding some turbo for XP and I seem to only win like one out of ten games now a days... But the xp payout is good especially with legendary xp boost, was able to get three packs with my Microsoft rewards, been getting like 100k XP an hour 🙂
You're ratio is definitely better than 1 in 10 because we are playing on the same team right now! Lol you are a boss-killing machine! Usually that's my job but you are great at it!
BlinKid182 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
I sure would rather have a team quick core than farm for max score/time. I have been grinding some turbo for XP and I seem to only win like one out of ten games now a days... But the xp payout is good especially with legendary xp boost, was able to get three packs with my Microsoft rewards, been getting like 100k XP an hour 🙂
You're ratio is definitely better than 1 in 10 because we are playing on the same team right now! Lol you are a boss-killing machine! Usually that's my job but you are great at it!
Thanks... Yeah today is going much better than when turbo first went live this weekend. I was trying to go for kills but it wasn't going well so decided to go for bosses.
Just people grinding for 152! Quick coring is actually the better of tye two, when it cokes to teams vs solo players. Quick coring is a fast way to get XP for those with 100s of legendary boosts.

Besides, would you rather a good team stat on you instead? You would not, trust me.
TraadeMerK wrote:
Just people grinding for 152! Quick coring is actually the better of tye two, when it cokes to teams vs solo players. Quick coring is a fast way to get XP for those with 100s of legendary boosts.

Besides, would you rather a good team stat on you instead? You would not, trust me.
Good point. I feel like all the grinding is a mute point though. I saw another thread on here that said there were less than 800 people worldwide that had 152? That's crazy! Seems almost unachievable!
BlinKid182 wrote:
TraadeMerK wrote:

Good point. I feel like all the grinding is a mute point though. I saw another thread on here that said there were less than 800 people worldwide that had 152? That's crazy! Seems almost unachievable!
It's achievable but the sad reality is H5 just isn't a good enough game for many people to sink the kind of time it takes to get to it. The only reason I came back to grind it out was for two reasons, one was the "token of appreciation" we will get in Infinite and that so few actually have done it. Once I get there I am going back to MCC. Shouldn't be to much longer for me. Went on a grind fest today and earned just over 500k in XP.
I used to love Warzone but can never play it anymore because of problems like these. It's not just Turbo either (though it makes it worse). Every game I play is just either farming or instant coring. I don't have a clue how they could rebalance it to fix this though.

I would rather have the enemy team destroy the core right away than to wait 20 minutes for the game to end while getting killed repeatedly.
Ironic that you have Achilles.
How is it ironic that he has Achilles?
I have a deep hate for the armor as I view it as the reason Warzone died in the first place.
Warzone died because its a broken game mode if you are looking for balance. It only halfway worked for a while after launch when players were on somewhat even ground. Now its just trading kills with one shot weapons. A little coordination on one team or mix in some newer players who can't spam reqs and it gets unbalanced really quickly.
I used to love Warzone but can never play it anymore because of problems like these. It's not just Turbo either (though it makes it worse). Every game I play is just either farming or instant coring. I don't have a clue how they could rebalance it to fix this though.

I would rather have the enemy team destroy the core right away than to wait 20 minutes for the game to end while getting killed repeatedly.
Ironic that you have Achilles.
How is it ironic that he has Achilles?
I have a deep hate for the armor as I view it as the reason Warzone died in the first place.
Warzone died because its a broken game mode if you are looking for balance. It only halfway worked for a while after launch when players were on somewhat even ground. Now its just trading kills with one shot weapons. A little coordination on one team or mix in some newer players who can't spam reqs and it gets unbalanced really quickly.
This is one of the more accurate assessments I have heard. It seems anytime I try to express this people think I'm taking crazy pills. It's just unfair to the new guy so it can't grow anymore. It chokes out new blood.
BlinKid182 wrote:
This is mainly focused on Warzone Turbo. I started playing last night and my first three matches each lasted about 2-3 minutes. The very first thing enemy players would do is rush the base closest to my team's starting point, overpowered as F*** with weapons and armor perks, to capture it and keep us in the starting point. Then the rest of the team rushes the core and that's a wrap...
Now, I completely understand that this is Turbo and people are supposed to get all powered up and stuff, but don't people actually want to play? You don't have to capture the base or destroy the core; just run around and destroy as many people as you want, that's fine. But to just the game after 2 minutes?

Why do people enjoy playing this way? Just looking for some view points on the matter. Thanks!
Because you get near 10,000 XP everytime you do it.
people enjoy different things. whats fun for you may not be for me
Would you rather be cored right away and loose 1000-4 or be trapped in your spawn and farmed for 20 minutes?
I’ll take option one every time.
Option 2 happened my first game of 12v12. Left a bad taste in my mouth and i just stuck with heroic and legendary warzones
I run into that the most with clan guys working on their board domination tactics.
BlinKid182 wrote:
Could be... But I always get way less XP in short games compared to a full match. It seems pretty proportional to how long the game lasts.
Boosts are not affected by match length. Therefore people using XP boosts are able to “cash it in” more quickly with a quick game. More games finished quickly means more boosts applied to the XP bar.

When I use a boost in WZFF I don’t mind if we lose in round 1 because I still get the full boost.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2