Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Why was Breakout Removed from Competitive Play?

OP Axios Chronos

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I just started watching the pro matches again and I noticed I didn't see Breakout as a gametype in competitive play anymore. Does anyone know why they removed it?
Because no one was playing it, it has been months since I had been able to find a breakout game.
Pro players protested it iirc. One team even suicided at the beginning of a match because they didn't want to play it.
It's not very fun..... I hated it actually and I hate even more that there are commendations tied to it.
LethalQ wrote:
It's not very fun..... I hated it actually and I hate even more that there are commendations tied to it.
Well I'm sorry to hear that you don't enjoy it. I find it pretty fun and edgey. Some of the maps are a little irritating to play on however.
Because no one was playing it, it has been months since I had been able to find a breakout game.
I don't play breakout often but I do enjoy it. I've never had an issue finding a match when I do decide to play it.
Pro players protested it iirc. One team even suicided at the beginning of a match because they didn't want to play it.
Nope Snakebite (proplayer) called 343 out on their lies on team beyond and then it was removed. 343 is suppose to be in contact with the pros but it seems they aren't.
My take on it was that it seemed to be a giant miscommunication with the initial poll that 343 thought they did, but once they actually did do a poll the pros didn't want it in so it was removed.
Nope Snakebite (proplayer) called 343 out on their lies on team beyond and then it was removed. 343 is suppose to be in contact with the pros but it seems they aren't.
I thought that and Moa taking the pro player poll was all done after the fact.
I use it to do my 10 arena placement matches, then never touch arena again for that "season". And even then, I just -Yoink- around using the SMG or hydra because I couldn't care less if I lose all 10 games. I'm glad it's not in the specific arena playlist, though. I don't even want slayer there. But we're never getting an objective only playlist, so IDGAF about it anymore.
The Pro's don't want it. For good reason, it's actual competitive merit is rather lacking.
Quote:
I thought that and Moa taking the pro player poll was all done after the fact.
Josh claimed the Pros liked Breakout.
Snakebite laid down some hard truth.
After Snakebite's comment the polls were created.
The polls showed that like 90% of the pros were against the mode.
well..... amateurs spend more than pros! - bring it back!!!!!
I just started watching the pro matches again and I noticed I didn't see Breakout as a gametype in competitive play anymore. Does anyone know why they removed it?
The events above are accurate but no one stated why the pro's didn't like it. Simply put, Breakout, well, broke up the flow of Arena gameplay. You have Slayer, CTF, and Strongholds that all have the same sandbox on the same maps with the same settings and then you had Breakout; completely different maps (ugly maps imo), limited sandbox due to the ttk changes and one life elimination can really break a team out of the pwn zone and mess with them.
It's not a good competitive mode at all... Competition is all about sustaining a high level of consistency. It is how a prize pool should be earned... A mode like Breakout does not cater to this idea.

The outcomes are quick, sometimes random, situational... Imagine a tied Championship series, the final match comes down to Breakout and you lose out on 50K because the enemy team wiped out your team out in a couple more measly sudden-death rounds... it's cheap and an inconsistent way to gauge where you stack up vs the other team.

A full game of Slayer or an objective game allows teams to show their dominance over a longer stretch of time. The scores are decided with say 50+ kills to the winners, as opposed to a relatively small handful. Teams have room to gain or lose ground in a meaningful way... It's hard to explain but hopefully that makes sense. That's the way I see it.
LethalQ wrote:
Well I'm sorry to hear that you don't enjoy it. I find it pretty fun and edgey. Some of the maps are a little irritating to play on however.
same. I feel like if you have a team that you can work with, it becomes fun to play
I think it was a good concept, but I find that Arena is competitive enough for me. I also don't like how you have lower shields, I want to play Breakout with full shields.
Because it sucks sanghelli-testicles?
no one was playing it and its a terrible game type.
I love the look, but don't care much for the gameplay
pologeezer wrote:
well..... amateurs spend more than pros! - bring it back!!!!!
You know that "pro" players shaped this game so heavily, Halo 5 is over the top competitive, thus it took alot of fans nagging to actually bring something like firefight back, 343i had no intention of putting a casual PVE mode in.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2