Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why was the Mongoose's passenger seat changed?

OP SpecialShelf753

I don't really understand what could possibly be the reason for justifying changing the Mongoose's passenger seat to this rear-facing seat. This changes how the passenger operates because since firing forward (in the direction the driver is moving) is now too awkward, one has to settle for waiting for the driver to go past enemies then shooting at them while they are behind the mongoose (which is now the direction the passenger is facing because of the change). Ironically, the seat offers a teensy bit more protection to the driver since shots fired from behind may impact it instead of the driver, but what about when a passenger is riding? Sure, the old mongoose passenger seat didn't offer any more protection, but it just felt better somehow....

Using a mongoose in Warzone Firefight is already difficult enough without a passenger, but I rarely use them in such cases unless I want to get somewhere fast, since I don't use sprint, and even if I were to use one with the intention of having a passenger, it is too difficult for them to do anything to those super accurate bullet sponges...

I probably could have done a much better job with this thread, but in this case I really couldn't as I am not too good at explaining my thoughts. Still, I hope everyone got what I was trying to highlight regarding the passenger seat. And now, to poke fun at the unusual repetiveness I displayed here, count the number of times I used the word 'passenger'...
My guess would be they wanted it to be easier for someone to shoot at enemies chasing you.
Well, it does look a little weird facing the driver, like your spooning them gently or something, lol
Does it affect anything functionally? I’m not sure, which is why I’m asking. Admittedly, I don’t sit in the passenger seat basically ever, so I’m not sure if firing forward is different from firing behind. I know your Spartan swings their weapon around visually, but I’m not sure if that affects the weapon behavior functionally. Not sure if that is clear or not.

TG210 wrote:
Well, it does look a little weird facing the driver, like your spooning them gently or something, lol
It will be hard to look at images involving the old seating style in the same way lol.
tuhin94 wrote:
Does it affect anything functionally? I’m not sure, which is why I’m asking. Admittedly, I don’t sit in the passenger seat basically ever, so I’m not sure if firing forward is different from firing behind.

TG210 wrote:
It will be hard to look at images involving the old seating style in the same way lol.
Honestly, and good luck getting to 152!
I don't really understand what could possibly be the reason for justifying changing the Mongoose's passenger seat to this rear-facing seat. This changes how the passenger operates because since firing forward (in the direction the driver is moving) is now too awkward, one has to settle for waiting for the driver to go past enemies then shooting at them while they are behind the mongoose (which is now the direction the passenger is facing because of the change). Ironically, the seat offers a teensy bit more protection to the driver since shots fired from behind may impact it instead of the driver, but what about when a passenger is riding? Sure, the old mongoose passenger seat didn't offer any more protection, but it just felt better somehow....

Using a mongoose in Warzone Firefight is already difficult enough without a passenger, but I rarely use them in such cases unless I want to get somewhere fast, since I don't use sprint, and even if I were to use one with the intention of having a passenger, it is too difficult for them to do anything to those super accurate bullet sponges...

I probably could have done a much better job with this thread, but in this case I really couldn't as I am not too good at explaining my thoughts. Still, I hope everyone got what I was trying to highlight regarding the passenger seat. And now, to poke fun at the unusual repetiveness I displayed here, count the number of times I used the word 'passenger'...
>since I don't use sprint

my sides

my sides
I played the older games. There was no need for sprint then, and I have no need for it now. It is simply a matter of choice and preference.

my sides
I played the older games. There was no need for sprint then, and I have no need for it now. It is simply a matter of choice and preference.
same here, but im just imagining your average game of FF, walking for a couple minutes to get sniped by a jackal xD

do you use thrust or ads?

my sides
same here, but im just imagining your average game of FF, walking for a couple minutes to get sniped by a jackal xD

do you use thrust or ads?
Ugh, the Prometheans with their homing weapons are a nightmare! Jackals with snipers seem quite rare in Warzone Firefight. Yes, I do use thrust, and I do use the 'aim down sight', although I don't particularly like the latter.