Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Why wasn't Halo 5 part of the 4K update?

OP The1astJoker

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
They announced several first-party and third-party games will get an update later this year and beyond, and Halo 5 (or Halo: MCC) wasn't one of the games mentioned despite Halo Wars 2 being included. Can 343i clarify why they weren't included?
Probably because it will be 2 years old when the console releases.
I think they are afraid to do anything to MCC as it risks crashing it. As far as H5 who knows... Maybe same reason since the servers can be wonky already at times.
its a pretty old game now. Other than that i dont know
I was a little surprised Halo 5 wasn't either, but at the same time I'm not. Overall, I'm sorry to say I wasn't super impressed by Microsoft showing... Every game is an open world game or an co-op game. Ori is most likely the only game that is really a single player story driven game. Kind of sad in a way that the audience was most excited about original Xbox One backwards compatibility over anything else. I think 2017 isn't going to be such a great year for Microsoft after all :(
It didn't make me excited for the Xbox one X at all really. I didn't see anything that impressed me at all.
I'm excited for the Xbox One X, but I'm ultimately not getting one until Halo 6.
Didn't get directly announced, doesn't mean it can't still happen. Time will tell
I was a little surprised Halo 5 wasn't either, but at the same time I'm not. Overall, I'm sorry to say I wasn't super impressed by Microsoft showing... Every game is an open world game or an idea game. Ori is most likely the only game that is really a single player story driven game. Kind of sad in a way that the audience was most excited about original Xbox One backwards compatibility over anything else. I think 2017 isn't going to be such a great year for Microsoft after all :(
If you couldn't figure that out from before E3, I don't know what to tell you.
stckrboy wrote:
Didn't get directly announced, doesn't mean it can't still happen. Time will tell
That's true, like I said earlier in a different thread it might come in later in the week to get people's intrests going to know what's coming to Halo 5.
Wow, now I'm not excited for Scorpio. Halo is the reason why I own an Xbox, but if H5 or MCC dont benefit from the new machine, I simply will not buy it.
Nuggetsx wrote:
Wow, now I'm not excited for Scorpio. Halo is the reason why I own an Xbox, but if H5 or MCC dont benefit from the new machine, I simply will not buy it.
Which is kinda good news to me. No need to try and save an extra $500 or $600 by the end of they year. Won't have to worry about getting Xbox one X till H6.... If there is an H6...
I'm excited for the Xbox One X, but I'm ultimately not getting one until Halo 6.
Same here, originally I was going to buy it day one, but I'll probably wait for a Halo 6 Xbox One X Console.
Same here, originally I was going to buy it day one, but I'll probably wait for a Halo 6 Xbox One X Console.
Yeah same camp. I was excited to see the new metro and it looks insane but I'll end up getting that for my PC. I'm a bit nervous about the fact we aren't getting any H6 news this year. If past events are anything to go by, that would indicate that we won't see H6 until 2019... which really sucks. I was hoping to pick up a scorpio and H6 next fall. H5 better have some more content on the way because it's already getting stale and now we're apparently 2 and a half years out from the next one. And no, by content, I do not mean 39 new warthogs 343...
I was a little surprised Halo 5 wasn't either, but at the same time I'm not. Overall, I'm sorry to say I wasn't super impressed by Microsoft showing... Every game is an open world game or an idea game. Ori is most likely the only game that is really a single player story driven game. Kind of sad in a way that the audience was most excited about original Xbox One backwards compatibility over anything else. I think 2017 isn't going to be such a great year for Microsoft after all :(
If you couldn't figure that out from before E3, I don't know what to tell you.
It's called I was waiting for E3 to see what MS would do/say. Who knows what they were going to announce/do... did you know? No! So please don't act like you know everything. I was being hopeful as one should be.
Forza Horizon 3, Halo Wars 2 and Gears of War 4 have a thing in common apart from being in the list for receiving the 4K Patch.

THEY ARE ALL AVAILABLE ON PC WITH 4K SUPPORT ALREADY. So 4K setting has already been a thing since they were released, they simply upped the graphics for the Xbox One X. Simple as that.
We still need to hear from the official 343 section of E3. We might be seeing an update, we might not. Still doesn't prevent us from playing the game.
I get they want to boost their own IP, but most of their unique IP seemed to be low graphics titles anyway. I wasn't sure what to make of the show. I liked Anthem and Crackdown; will most likely get both of those games at some point. But will I get them now when the console is going to be £450 and a 4k TV upwards of a grand? I probably will just wait until Halo 6 next year when both these items SHOULD be must reduced in price. Plus I think I will actually get the limited edition console. :D

BTW I was confused by how games are being sold now. So, if I buy Crackdown 3, its still an Xbox One game that I can either play on the normal Xbox One or the new machine' I just get the benefit?

Was very surprised they only got Shadow and Assassins Creed to showcase their graphics boost vs the Playstation. I get they want to boost their own IP, but most of their unique IP seemed to be low graphics titles anyway.
Yeah same camp. I was excited to see the new metro and it looks insane but I'll end up getting that for my PC. I'm a bit nervous about the fact we aren't getting any H6 news this year. If past events are anything to go by, that would indicate that we won't see H6 until 2019... which really sucks. I was hoping to pick up a scorpio and H6 next fall. H5 better have some more content on the way because it's already getting stale and now we're apparently 2 and a half years out from the next one. And no, by content, I do not mean 39 new warthogs 343...
39 new Warzone maps would be nice lol. No remixes, though...
Nuggetsx wrote:
Yep. I am the same. I only play Halo for Xbox because their other exclusives are trash.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2