Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Why would a warthog fire needles?

OP LethalQ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 28
SHAMbazian wrote:
Bro how dare you! 343 employees have families and worked themselves to the bone reskinning that warthog and making it shoot needles! You are so ungrateful. This is FREE content. How could you complain? You're probably one of those people who doesn't appreciate having 20 purple visors. You sicken me!
Still laughing at this.
IT BETTER SHOOT NEEDLES! I am a maniac for needle based stuff and if they lied about this oh ho ho ho, they're gonna have a horrible rest of their carreer!
Could you imagine the havoc it would have caused if 343 were the ones who designed the Brute Shot or a Mauler?

'That's not plasma-ish!!! That's not Covenantesque!! That's NOT HALO!!!'

Good thing Bungie did! Cause as long Bungie does experimental things, it's a okay!
most of the 343i haters are Bungie fanboys that cant freaking let go of the past. Ive been with Halo since CE came out, and im not over here crying at the foot of some Bungie shrine,. People forget that Bungie left us and never looked back, and it was 343i that took the responsibility of continuing Halo the best they can, but ohhh wait sorry i forgot its a sin to like 343i and tell the truth about Bungie
i guess it would be cool to see the allied covenant help the UNSC integrate the needlers ammo into a warthog, the combination would be deadly ,although most would find it unnecessary and over kill, maybe it could be just the right combo of deadly and power for the UNSC to abolish the remainder of the covenant who are still enemies . and PVP would be fun on a large map with it
Raven XCVl wrote:
Could you imagine the havoc it would have caused if 343 were the ones who designed the Brute Shot or a Mauler?

'That's not plasma-ish!!! That's not Covenantesque!! That's NOT HALO!!!'

Good thing Bungie did! Cause as long Bungie does experimental things, it's a okay!
most of the 343i haters are Bungie fanboys that cant freaking let go of the past. Ive been with Halo since CE came out, and im not over here crying at the foot of some Bungie shrine,. People forget that Bungie left us and never looked back, and it was 343i that took the responsibility of continuing Halo the best they can, but ohhh wait sorry i forgot its a sin to like 343i and tell the truth about Bungie
Oh so this.
IT BETTER SHOOT NEEDLES! I am a maniac for needle based stuff and if they lied about this oh ho ho ho, they're gonna have a horrible rest of their carreer!
Unfortunately no they won't. They've lied about so much -Yoink- at this point, and they're still here. Making games and selling REQ packs to chums that buy them. Lying about this won't do anything.
Exenius wrote:
I have to agree. It seems that 343 doesn't care about the actual lore or Halo. Something like this makes no sense and it honestly really disappoints me. I would be completely fine with it if multiplayer wasn't cannon, but now that it is everything in it needs to make sense to the Halo universe.
Dude WZ is simulation anything is possible
Tron2121 wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Cause they need content for new updates and that is what they came up with. I wouldn't be surprised if they were frantically trying to think of stuff that would work for a warthog.
Easy, Hannibal Warthog!
That would be a gauss warthog.
why not have it shoot needles?
besides its for warzone a simulation for goodness sake
Maybe Covenant mods on Warthogs is easier when using projectile-based weapons? I dunno; the whole idea of the Hog Wild update seems contrived to me.
Tron2121 wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Cause they need content for new updates and that is what they came up with. I wouldn't be surprised if they were frantically trying to think of stuff that would work for a warthog.
Easy, Hannibal Warthog!
That would be a gauss warthog.
Gauss Warthog (Gauss cannon):
-Lower rate of fire
-Higher damage per shot
-Higher splash damage/radius

compared to

Hannibal Warthog (Gauss repeater):
-Higher rate of fire
-Lower damage per shot
-Lower splash damage/radius
Why would a Warthog fire Needles?????
it would be cool
I am just getting tired of them just reskinning stuff and calling it "new"
I would honestly prefer if the Warthog skin was crispy and golden-brown. The gun can shoot peppercorn ranch to blind enemies with deliciousness, Who cares about needles this ain't a sewing circle.
I love you
LMAO
I thought you were one of the people who defended 343 at every turn?

I personally would have wanted a Reverent or Spectre too but I didn't expect something like that from an update titled HOG WILD.
That can be cool .
I don't see why a Needle Hog would be an issue.
Skippy575 wrote:
Wargames are simulated. This has no impact at all on the lore outside of "Yeah, we gave a simulated warthog needler rounds just to see how it would go."
^^^THIS^^^

The beauty of War Games is they can come up with some really odd ideas to test if they could actually work in real life. Maybe the Needle Hog has a feature to it that if you overheat the gun it explodes and kills YOU the gunner. They can see that oversight with the simulation (please don't let it do that, I'm just making an example).

Also on a different route, anyone remember the Needle Hog from Rocket League when it launched for XOne? I think it's cool that 343 is adding it to Halo now.
Except if they wanted to test odd ideas, why make War Games canon in the first place? That seems odd to pretend to care about canon 24/7, then ignore it anyway. Then again pizza skins kind of threw seriousness out the window.
That's what bothers me. Like they went out of their way to declare multiplayer canon, then proceeded to add a bunch of even more ridiculous BS than Halo's ever had.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 28