Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Why would you rather lose than use a mic?

OP Gamer USA X

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
With a vast majority of the "community" playing in utter silence, I find my self curious. Why would people rather lose match after match rather than communicate the simpliest information such as when attacking or where attackers are? Is it a cost thing?
Considering you get a basic mic free with your xbox...no. I have often wondered this though (and been frustrated over it), with more games head toward more co-opness and H5 being built more around that than the others, i don't understand it. The only logical explanation is they don't feel like listening to the people who just try to annoy as many people as possible cause their children and those who can't relies that their allowing feed back and echo through their mics cause their TV is too loud or something. But you can just mute those people like i do.

Oh, and also the -Yoinks!- who have side conversations and arguments with people and don't mute their -Yoinking!- mic. Those people probably piss me off the most.

BE RESPECTFUL PEOPLE!!!

But in the games that everyone is communicating effectively it doubles the enjoyment and your chances of winning. I like those games
Not sure, most people may just be annoyed at squeekers but maybe its just laziness.
I think a major factor is that the game chat system simply isn't working. Losing contact with your fireteam in-between games and while navigating lobbies is extremely frustrating and just causes people to stay in party chat
Considering you get a basic mic free with your xbox...no. I have often wondered this though (and been frustrated over it), with more games head toward more co-opness and H5 being built more around that than the others, i don't understand it. The only logical explanation is they don't feel like listening to the people who just try to annoy as many people as possible cause their children and those who can't relies that their allowing feed back and echo through their mics cause their TV is too loud or something. But you can just mute those people like i do.

Oh, and also the -Yoinks!- who have side conversations and arguments with people and don't mute their -Yoinking!- mic. Those people probably piss me off the most.

BE RESPECTFUL PEOPLE!!!

But in the games that everyone is communicating effectively it doubles the enjoyment and your chances of winning. I like those games
You don't get a mic with the console..at least not anymore you don't.
Because most people don't take every game THAT serious, and when they do they search with friends/teammates.

I also don't need to hear random people raging, their babies crying, awful Kinect noises and so on.
I'd rather stay in a party and talk to my friends I've been playing with since 2012. For the 0.05% chance that the random in game chat is actually calling out and helpful and not a child and not annoying and not raging and is chill, id rather just stay in party chat.
I usually win, Bruh; and I NEVER use mics. I hate it. When people talk I hear: Children, Phones, Music, Babies, Wives, Breathing, and the worst... Idiots. I will not use a mic... ever, and do just fine by myself.

Maybe 1 out of 50 people I come across with mics will be cool, and I mean that literally. That is not stretched.
Lambossity wrote:
Because most people don't take every game THAT serious, and when they do they search with friends/teammates.

I also don't need to hear random people raging, their babies crying, awful Kinect noises and so on.
Halo 2-3 wasnt serious either yet people had mics. Everyone is just anti-social now. My xbox one never came with a mic and I cant be bothered with getting an adapter for my 360 headsets when I already carry all the time. Or maybe I have double-standards, idk. There's always those moments where I wish I could tell my teamates to stop throwing themselves into enemy bullets, but its not prevelant enough or enough of a problem to justify getting a mic. Generally if you have good teamates they will be able to understand things simply by observing.
I have absolutely no desire to use a mic because I don't want to talk to children. I don't want to constantly hear back ground noise. I don't want to have to individually mute people. I don't want to have some punk kid cussing at me if I don't follow his orders. I could go on and on.
Lambossity wrote:

Halo 2-3 wasnt serious either yet people had mics. Everyone is just anti-social now.
Yes because there was no Party Chat back then. I disagree with the anti-social. I prefere to stay in a party with my friends that all play different games and we still have a great time together.
I don't use a mic and I've won more matches than I've lost ................. so ................ yeah.

I do use a headset with my friends, but not randoms.
i live in a small apartment with a wife and kid...absolutely no interest in chatting away on a mic

I know how to play the game and support my teammates just fine as is
I can't remember the last time I heard some one with a mic it feels like it's been months.
Not everyone gets a free mic with there xbox i know i did not. Possibly because they dont want to wear a mic. I personaly find wearing a mic annoying but i use my kinect when im alone. Now the prevailing problem is that there is no point anymore considering most games i play im the only one with a mike. Every now 4-5 matches there will be someone else on my team with a mic. I still do callouts most of the time regardless just out of habit.
rabedeath wrote:
Not everyone gets a free mic with there xbox i know i did not. Possibly because they dont want to wear a mic. I personaly find wearing a mic annoying but i use my kinect when im alone. Now the prevailing problem is that there is no point anymore considering most games i play im the only one with a mike. Every now 4-5 matches there will be someone else on my team with a mic. I still do callouts most of the time regardless just out of habit.
I thought every xbox one came with a mic as standard
With a vast majority of the "community" playing in utter silence, I find my self curious. Why would people rather lose match after match rather than communicate the simpliest information such as when attacking or where attackers are? Is it a cost thing?
I win plenty of matches without a mic. Not sure where you get your facts from.
rabedeath wrote:
I thought every xbox one came with a mic as standard
Well they dont. Mine did not come with a mic, and had no info on the box saying it should. Probably because mine was a tombraider box.
Mine came with a mic inside of the box. *Shrugs*
I bought my xbox used and I got a mic free. If you got a special edition xbox that's why.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16