1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Why are people so excited for forge? What am i not understanding?, yeah you can make maps but am i right in thinking you can only play them with friends?
If you make them, they will come.
They want to be the few maps choosen to be added to regular game play. So they can say, see that my map. I created that and they liked it.
Correct. I also don't understand people's excitement and desire for forge.

Without a means to promote maps into a matchmaking playlist dedicated to community content, I just dont see the point of forge. 99% of all the content from forge goes unseen, unplayed, unused.
So if you have no halo friends then whats the point?
Just like in life, there is no point. We exist simply to continue our own existence.

Forging uses up some of that pointless and limited time we exist.
Odium44 wrote:
If you make them, they will come.
A Field of Dreams reference, only, there is no baseball equipment. Custom games is like Field of Dreams but only having a rock and stick to actually play. We need proper matchmaking support for forge's end results, otherwise its pointless.
Why are people so excited for forge? What am i not understanding?, yeah you can make maps but am i right in thinking you can only play them with friends?
For those of us with friends, this question makes no sense.
Odium44 wrote:
Just like in life, there is no point. We exist simply to continue our own existence.

Forging uses up some of that pointless and limited time we exist.
Fair point :)
There is a community website created to share Forge stuff, just so you know.

Forge.World, I believe it's called. Basically it uses 343's API thing to provide lobby browsers for those interested and stuff.

I would assume those kinds of places are good for forgers or people interested in others' work when the in-game file share doesn't cut it.
Halo community is huge, and you have a lot of people who are the "creator" type. I am not one of them, but I have many people on my friends list who play H5 so I look forward to getting the opportunity in the future to playing other people's maps. Otherwise, the other aspects of the update, such as the new maps, are what interest me the most in this update.
HOBO ITCHY wrote:
All of my xbox friends play COD and fifa....
HOBO ITCHY wrote:
All of my xbox friends play COD and fifa....
Then use Forge to make 'Nuketown' and all your COD friends will play
I like forge because it's fun.
Do you not have friends lol?

I want forge to make customs games, heard of those?
Halo community is huge, and you have a lot of people who are the "creator" type. I am not one of them, but I have many people on my friends list who play H5 so I look forward to getting the opportunity in the future to playing other people's maps. Otherwise, the other aspects of the update, such as the new maps, are what interest me the most in this update.
Yeah, but if the editor sucks, who cares? I was spoiled by Far Cry.
Liur wrote:
Do you not have friends lol?

I want forge to make customs games, heard of those?
I hope this wasn't a rhetorical question, i love halos campaign and there are other aspects of halo i don't understand, and i don't have halo friends, as I've said previously.....
I like to play around with the sandbox, and build structures, and just generally enjoy myself. I'm not building for someone else. Same way I play Minecraft. It's not to show off, it's a toy to have fun with. I think there're a lot of people with this mindset.
HOBO ITCHY wrote:
I have friends (and family) who play, and yet its highly undesirable for us to compete against each other. We simultaneously respect each other to much, while also remain individually very competitive, so custom games generate an awkward competitive friendship space that none of us enjoy. Combat is inherently unfriendly.
DcIhNaGv3z wrote:
HOBO ITCHY wrote:
I have friends (and family) who play, and yet its highly undesirable for us to compete against each other. We simultaneously respect each other to much, while also remain individually very competitive, so custom games generate an awkward competitive friendship space that none of us enjoy. Combat is inherently unfriendly.
Nice to know Someone who's on my wave length
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2