2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
Alright Then.
lLockout wrote:
Every time I read a post complaining about farming, I hear the Mad World piano intro playing in the background.

I hardly ever get farmed whenever I decide to play some war zone. But the last time I got farmed, know what I did? Repeatedly spawned a scout warthog, drove to the base furthest from our home base and capped it. Yes, a team of enemies would come and take me out, but those times that I killed the ones who came after me were satisfying as hell. Instead of getting all Fussy about it, I just made it a point to make it as hard as I could for the other team to keep us triple capped.
While I do like the Scout Hog tactic, I happened to be in the OP's game, which was such an intense farm that my poor little escape Hog was ripped apart by BR and DMR spam, then rounded up by one of their patrol Hogs.
While I appreciate what you're saying about capping their bases, sometimes the farm is just too farmy. When they have Hogs rounding up the stragglers, and BR spammers and snipers shredding the 'crop team' before they even leave home base.... your escape chances are pretty slim.
lLockout wrote:
Every time I read a post complaining about farming, I hear the Mad World piano intro playing in the background.

I hardly ever get farmed whenever I decide to play some war zone. But the last time I got farmed, know what I did? Repeatedly spawned a scout warthog, drove to the base furthest from our home base and capped it. Yes, a team of enemies would come and take me out, but those times that I killed the ones who came after me were satisfying as hell. Instead of getting all Fussy about it, I just made it a point to make it as hard as I could for the other team to keep us triple capped.
While I do like the Scout Hog tactic, I happened to be in the OP's game, which was such an intense farm that my poor little escape Hog was ripped apart by BR and DMR spam, then rounded up by one of their patrol Hogs.
While I appreciate what you're saying about capping their bases, sometimes the farm is just too farmy. When they have Hogs rounding up the stragglers, and BR spammers and snipers shredding the 'crop team' before they even leave home base.... your escape chances are pretty slim.
Ah, I see. That seems like some real next level stuff, that's crazy dude. I know my method isn't a cure-all, but works against a less organized farming, and/or at the very beginning of a farming when req levels are low.
Apparently people don't farm anymore... Well that's a load of YOINK, go it a game come up against a full company already wearing achillies. Don't say "you weren't farmed your exaggerating" Well when there's 3 members of the team left there's an enemy warthog park in the core and all you see is them walking around the core... How is that not farming!! Best part is they already had achillies :(
It's not hard to figure out that is horrible sportsmanship. amen to you brother
its like not capping the final flag in ctf...people enjoy getting easy kills
Pingumumbo wrote:
Alright Then.
Cool story bro
Es raro poder utilizar uno de manera eficiente sin morir, tener un equipo completo, mientras que domina el otro equipo es un buen momento para tirar del faetón o nornfang a cabo
Es raro poder utilizar uno de manera eficiente sin morir, tener un equipo completo, mientras que domina el otro equipo es un buen momento para tirar del faetón o nornfang a cabo
For English-speakers benefit:
Quote:
It is rare to use one effectively without dying, have a full team while dominating the other team is a good time to pull the Phaeton or nornfang out
They are in another company, probably they started their own and want to make it big at HCS
Apparently people don't farm anymore... Well that's a load of YOINK, go it a game come up against a full company already wearing achillies. Don't say "you weren't farmed your exaggerating" Well when there's 3 members of the team left there's an enemy warthog park in the core and all you see is them walking around the core... How is that not farming!! Best part is they already had achillies :(
I would just quit the game at that point no matter ban hammer or exp, I rather get a other game as soonest possible
The Max K wrote:
Is it the match on noctus with your DNF ? If so then well they did show mercy by waiting till 10min mark and core it. Which i say is kind of not farming to an extent since they didnt farm way past the 10mi mark
They still farmed doesn't matter if they cored it, after I left there were two people left and that was about the 8 minute mark. Probably ran out of people too farm. When there's a warthog parked in the core and you can see them standing next to the core or walking around it, it's still farming :( I wouldn't call that mercy if it was mercy they would have cored as soon as they capped.
No, when a team waits to around 10 minutes they are trying to get maximum REQ points, and are indeed not farming. You can go ahead and say its farming, but unless you've actively been in teams who do this you would be wrong to say its farming. I for one have done this numerous times with many different people, and they all had the same goal, to wait til 10 or 9:30 then core. Killing the enemy team was a way to pass the time, some guys even go hunting bosses or guard each base during that time.

I'm not defending farming, but simply trying to tell you what is, and is not farming.

People do still farm, but farming is not waiting til 10 minutes to core, its when you get kills for the entire game and not coring, or waiting till you are two kills from winning the game then coring.
Paint the lipstick anyway you want but its still a pig. Just because you wait a little bit to start the harvest doesn't change anything. All you want is to have all the reqs you want to use before you start. Time is irrelevant to farming beyond the time from tripple cap to coring.
I agree with XDarkAssassin00 and Stormreichorigi.
If at any point in time a team is going for kills instead of the objective, it's farming. Or if you don't want to call it farming it's still messed up, selfish, disrespectful, and ruins the game for others.
The objective is clear: capture the bases and destroy the core.
It's the same as capturing two flags in arena and going for kills for the rest of the game. It's not the point of objective games. If you want kills go play slayer..
~This post was sent to the place where posts that trigger people and get the poster banned would go.
Just know I wholeheartedly disagree but I see that I most likely can't convince anybody they're wrong due to how high they hold their opinion, and my post would only serve to stir up pointless posts.
Farming has always been in Halo & it's never gonna go away. In some Halo games there is a thing that makes farming become more frequent, wether thats an achievent, exclusive unlockable, ect.
Halo has never been meant for farming
Farming has always been in Halo & it's never gonna go away. In some Halo games there is a thing that makes farming become more frequent, wether thats an achievent, exclusive unlockable, ect.
Of course farming was never meant to be in Halo or any video game, but farming will always be a problem in video games as long as there are gamers who want to get their K/D or K/D/A as high as possible by any means.

As for the part of my comment about farming becoming more frequent via achievements, exclusive unlockables, ect. I did not mean that those thing were added to the game with the idea to have players farm, it's just that some of the things can be made easier to complete by farming. *cough* Achilles Armor *cough*
Of course farming was never meant to be in Halo or any video game, but farming will always be a problem in video games as long as there are gamers who want to get their K/D or K/D/A as high as possible by any means.

As for the part of my comment about farming becoming more frequent via achievements, exclusive unlockables, ect. I did not mean that those thing were added to the game with the idea to have players farm, it's just that some of the things can be made easier to complete by farming. *cough* Achilles Armor *cough*
There is a difference between farming and teamwork though
I always go solo and I rarely run into farmers but man I just love to laugh at the farming threads

Ya I know difference, yesterday I was playing with a full fireteam of friends & we played 2 matches of Warzone. The first match we got farmed hard & I mean royally hard, the 2nd match we got crushed but they couldn't push us back to our home base & we couldn't push forward (the match was stalemate), but my friends thought they were farming us even though weren't. Sorry for that example but I wanted to show that I can tell the difference, so how was what I was saying was me confusing teamwork with farming?

Ya I know difference, yesterday I was playing with a full fireteam of friends & we played 2 matches of Warzone. The first match we got farmed hard & I mean royally hard, the 2nd match we got crushed but they couldn't push us back to our home base & we couldn't push forward (the match was stalemate), but my friends thought they were farming us even though weren't. Sorry for that example but I wanted to show that I can tell the difference, so how was what I was saying was me confusing teamwork with farming?
I was just saying it to have it be said. A lot of people exaggerate matches or team's.

I was just saying it to have it be said. A lot of people exaggerate matches or team's.
Ya I know, its so annoying. I would of gone into detail of how I knew we were being farmed like spawn trapping us in our garage while completely incircling it, killing us instantly if we go anywhere near the doors or try spawning in a vehicle with Power weapons or vehicles, every enemy camping outside & never go into our garage unless to force us to respawn outside the garage while making sure to not to capture our garage, & finally only focuse on killing us while ignore the bosses; because It would of made my previous comment to long for my liking.
It hasn't ALWAYS been in Halo..
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6