Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Will Halo 5 be abandoned after reaching level 152?

OP Skywalker935

If Halo Infinite comes out "as" it says 343 in the fall. What will happen to Halo 5 after the community reaches or attempts to reach level 152?
Tell me what you think about the future of this game that has been kept alive but without official content from the developers.
Reaching 152 and continuing to play after is more a of individual decision. I hit my 152 last year and still continue to play very regularly.
The 152 population is pretty small (less than 3,500) so I can’t see it making a huge dent in the population if people stopped playing after hitting 152. A lot of people want to get that rank but do not realise how much time is needed to get there. I believe a lot of lower level players who want to get there might not actually make it before the end of the year.

When Infinite releases I imagine Halo 5 will be basically left behind. Without any news content since 2017 the game’s population has been declining. With Infinite being free to play there is virtually no reason why wouldn’t can’t play Halo Infinite. With Xbox Live shifting to allow all players; Gold members or not, to play free to play titles Halo Infinite will be the most accessible Halo game ever. Everyone can play.

A lot of people keep asking if Halo 5 will live on. I’m sure some people will still play it but honestly the majority will move onto the next game. This holds true for basically every game to release.
Will most people move on? Absolutely!! People want the newest and coolest thing out there, and right now that's going to be Infinite. The only people sticking around Halo 5 will be people like myself, people trying to finish 152, people that are finishing personal comms (in addition to the campaign stuff they need to finish like skulls and intel), and people trying to finish company comms (if they feel they're close enough to make it worth while). I don't think we're going to see a noticeable population. It'll take forever and a day to find matches and whatnot. I don't think Halo 5 will perish overnight, but I do think it will slowly "bleed out" and over time become impossible to get a multiplayer map.
Prewojo wrote:
Will most people move on? Absolutely!! People want the newest and coolest thing out there, and right now that's going to be Infinite. The only people sticking around Halo 5 will be people like myself, people trying to finish 152, people that are finishing personal comms (in addition to the campaign stuff they need to finish like skulls and intel), and people trying to finish company comms (if they feel they're close enough to make it worth while). I don't think we're going to see a noticeable population. It'll take forever and a day to find matches and whatnot. I don't think Halo 5 will perish overnight, but I do think it will slowly "bleed out" and over time become impossible to get a multiplayer map.
I also think people wanna move on to MCC and rank up there too.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Personally the only reason Im still playing it is to get to 152 and play a few Infection matches with my friends. Ive had my fun times with it but after I reach 152 I might never touch the game again.
TormentHCS wrote:
Prewojo wrote:
Will most people move on? Absolutely!! People want the newest and coolest thing out there, and right now that's going to be Infinite. The only people sticking around Halo 5 will be people like myself, people trying to finish 152, people that are finishing personal comms (in addition to the campaign stuff they need to finish like skulls and intel), and people trying to finish company comms (if they feel they're close enough to make it worth while). I don't think we're going to see a noticeable population. It'll take forever and a day to find matches and whatnot. I don't think Halo 5 will perish overnight, but I do think it will slowly "bleed out" and over time become impossible to get a multiplayer map.
I also think people wanna move on to MCC and rank up there too.
I would agree with that also!! I for one want to finish here in Halo 5 (I have some comms to finish also as well as company comms which I don't think will get completed)... and then I'd like to move over to MCC and work in there. I've toyed around in MCC for a bit, worked on some of the challenges and seasonals. It's a little different from Halo 5 (as far as controls go) so instead of trying to constantly go back and forth between the two, I'd rather finish one and then move on to the other. For me, it also kind of depends on what Infinite is like. Of course I'm going to get it (still secretly hoping they announce a Halo themed series x and/or a legendary edition), but depending on what the gameplay and multiplayer is like, I may just wait a bit on playing and get some things done on MCC in the meantime. Another thing, I still have a lot to accomplish on the 360 versions of the Halo franchise as well, so I'd like to get as much done there as well, and that population concerns me as well. Of course people of moving over there to finish what they need to finish before they sunset... but I still have another 5 months or so in Halo 5 before I want to transition to anything... so I'll kind of have to wait and see before I decided to do anything... who knows...
Prewojo wrote:
TormentHCS wrote:
Prewojo wrote:
Will most people move on? Absolutely!! People want the newest and coolest thing out there, and right now that's going to be Infinite. The only people sticking around Halo 5 will be people like myself, people trying to finish 152, people that are finishing personal comms (in addition to the campaign stuff they need to finish like skulls and intel), and people trying to finish company comms (if they feel they're close enough to make it worth while). I don't think we're going to see a noticeable population. It'll take forever and a day to find matches and whatnot. I don't think Halo 5 will perish overnight, but I do think it will slowly "bleed out" and over time become impossible to get a multiplayer map.
I also think people wanna move on to MCC and rank up there too.
I would agree with that also!! I for one want to finish here in Halo 5 (I have some comms to finish also as well as company comms which I don't think will get completed)... and then I'd like to move over to MCC and work in there. I've toyed around in MCC for a bit, worked on some of the challenges and seasonals. It's a little different from Halo 5 (as far as controls go) so instead of trying to constantly go back and forth between the two, I'd rather finish one and then move on to the other. For me, it also kind of depends on what Infinite is like. Of course I'm going to get it (still secretly hoping they announce a Halo themed series x and/or a legendary edition), but depending on what the gameplay and multiplayer is like, I may just wait a bit on playing and get some things done on MCC in the meantime. Another thing, I still have a lot to accomplish on the 360 versions of the Halo franchise as well, so I'd like to get as much done there as well, and that population concerns me as well. Of course people of moving over there to finish what they need to finish before they sunset... but I still have another 5 months or so in Halo 5 before I want to transition to anything... so I'll kind of have to wait and see before I decided to do anything... who knows...
Yea it’s the smart thing to do. I hate how some people will jus skied around instead of goin out there and ballin u kno?
I think the game will get nearly completely abandoned after Infinite releases. It will be near or at its 6 year mark by then and most players are ready for something new. I don't think the desire to reach the max rank will change that much. I still played a lot after hitting 152. I'd probably still be playing now if I still had an xbox even though its been years since 152.
Most people dont, because look at the fun in the warzone, and maybe having fun playing campaign with other people right?
how about playing castle wars and other fun in the custom browser, theres nothing to leave Halo 5, except the person is just um , you know, " i wanna ditch halo 5 because i wanna play Halo Infinite first anyway" They would propably come back, because you know,.... nostalgia?
people will come back to remember what they had fun for, etc, maybe after they reach the 152, they probably get board if they just grind and not having fun, but probs they will comeback after time though
I don't think there'll be much update to H5 when Infinite comes out. Personally, I'll probably uninstall it eventually and focus on the newer games.
Most people dont, because look at the fun in the warzone, and maybe having fun playing campaign with other people right?
how about playing castle wars and other fun in the custom browser, theres nothing to leave Halo 5, except the person is just um , you know, " i wanna ditch halo 5 because i wanna play Halo Infinite first anyway" They would propably come back, because you know,.... nostalgia?
people will come back to remember what they had fun for, etc, maybe after they reach the 152, they probably get board if they just grind and not having fun, but probs they will comeback after time though
I reckon they'll do mini updates about every 3 months for people who come back as you said for the nostolgia
Most people dont, because look at the fun in the warzone, and maybe having fun playing campaign with other people right?
how about playing castle wars and other fun in the custom browser, theres nothing to leave Halo 5, except the person is just um , you know, " i wanna ditch halo 5 because i wanna play Halo Infinite first anyway" They would propably come back, because you know,.... nostalgia?
people will come back to remember what they had fun for, etc, maybe after they reach the 152, they probably get board if they just grind and not having fun, but probs they will comeback after time though
I reckon they'll do mini updates about every 3 months for people who come back as you said for the nostolgia
I do wonder how much Nostalgia I will be able to retain for this game once I reach 152, been playing for years and am just now over 20% of the way and am in for a serious grind to get there before Infinite.

I suppose it all depends on how good Infinite is and how well it carries over games and features that H5 got right. Breakout and Warzone are still the two things that I will probably associate most with my H5 experience, and if they're not in infinite to the same degree or if they are too different then I could see myself being pulled back eventually. Otherwise I will probably be so exhausted from a game that tbh wasn't my favorite in the series and really whiffed a lot of its potential on Microtransactions and a very bland rank system, but I wont get into that can of worms here