Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Will Halo 5 be Released on PC?

OP ThisDinosaur352

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I’m wondering if halo 5 will be released on PC. (I’m not talking about halo 5 forge PC) The devs said that they had no plans to bring halo 5 to pc, but with mcc coming out for PC, it would be weird to release halo infinite right after.
I agree. But at this time they're probably just going to focus on getting the MCC right and that Infinite has a decent launch. I'm sure if we make enough noise Halo 5 campaign will make it's way along eventually but I have a feeling it'll be a few years down the line.
I still haven't played Halo 5 and would really like to. Unfortunately I never made the jump to current gen consoles, instead having opted for PC many years ago. Last Halo I played was on xb360 .. so I would be thrilled if they brought 5 to PC sooner than later or never.

Looking forward to the MCC flights and release as well as Infinite on PC.
I’d love for this to happen
I never got an Xbox One either and so never got to play Halo 5 so I'd love it too but I don't think it'll happen. Or at least it won't happen before Infinite comes out. There doesn't seem to be enough time unless Infinite isn't coming until 2021 but I was expecting it next year. MCC will probably take up the rest of this year to fully come out and that's not including post-release support and stuff so they just might not have the people available to work on a Halo 5 port too.
tonka420 wrote:
I still haven't played Halo 5 and would really like to. Unfortunately I never made the jump to current gen consoles, instead having opted for PC many years ago. Last Halo I played was on xb360 .. so I would be thrilled if they brought 5 to PC sooner than later or never.

Looking forward to the MCC flights and release as well as Infinite on PC.
Same! I already signed up for the halo insider program and I’m hyped for the first flight!
Maybe after Halo Infinite
I don't see how it wouldn't be. It would make no sense to release all of the Halo games, then skip to Infinite without releasing Halo 5.
Even if I heard that the campaign was meh, I'd give it a go on PC. It better be like $5-10 bucks though. Otherwise nah I'll have the other ones.
ninja807 wrote:
Even if I heard that the campaign was meh, I'd give it a go on PC. It better be like $5-10 bucks though. Otherwise nah I'll have the other ones.
I know the campaign isn’t the best,but I would still get it for the multiplayer.
I would think not. In the halo MCC, they didnt have the halo 5, or at least I didnt have access to it. But you never know when you arent given a whole lot of information. Good luck to the developers of the future MCC.
ninja807 wrote:
I know the campaign isn’t the best,but I would still get it for the multiplayer.
I think if Halo 5 ever comes to PC it will be because of it being added to the MCC ecosystem. It doesn't seem like it's worth it for them to just port Halo 5 to PC standalone. We will be getting Halo 6 though and from what I've seen and read people are hoping Halo 6 will revive the Halo esports scene. So if you are are hoping for Halo 5 on PC for the multiplayer, as long 343 doesn't screw anything up you'll get in Halo 6.
I wouldn't mind if halo 5 would be released for pc alongside halo infinite. Since I don't own an xbox one, it would be nice to try out halo 5 for pc. Seems a lot of people like the halo 5 multiplayer, I remember reading somewhere or watching a youtube video about how halo mcc pc was hyped too much and no one paid that much attention to halo 5 for pc. So that's why the devs decided to focus on bringing mcc for pc and not halo 5.
Perhaps one day it will be so that pc gamers can enjoy the entire collection.
Would be a shame if literally every main Halo game came to PC except one. I love the story and universe of Halo, and would love to have the ability to play every campaign, including 5's.
I think Halo 5 Guardians will come to pc, as the rest of the titles are coming, but to be honest 343 isn't very proud of Halo 5 themselves, thus it might take few years down the line, when and if Halo MCC and Infinite pc attracts a lot of popularity and attention, they might add Halo 5 Guardians as well.
i'd expect that it would come to pc at some point. maybe not in a while but it would make sense to have all of the main games on the platform instead of everysingle one of them but one
Hemily5150 wrote:
I would think not. In the halo MCC, they didnt have the halo 5, or at least I didnt have access to it. But you never know when you arent given a whole lot of information. Good luck to the developers of the future MCC.
I mean halo 5 as a stand-alone game, not in MCC.
If Halo 5 Guardians would realise on PC... I would play it so frackin much!
But let's hope MCC gets realised with a good gameplay 1st, then we want HALO 5 GUARDIANS ON PC !!!!

Peace to ya'll
Have doubts that it will ever get a re-release since it's already partially on Windows store but I guess they could just add campaign later as dlc to the Halo 5 forge game then add it to Steam later since that's practically the same game except without matchmaking/campaign, obviously WZ....sounds like a lot but really isn't.

Plus Halo 5 is already dead on PC so I don't see why they would re-release it. Even Halo CE on PC has more population on average, that port has been on PC for over a decade.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2