Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Will Halo 5 have an Xbox Series X Update?

OP Unleashed2121

The MCC got one
343i have stated that Halo 5 won’t be getting a optimisation update. The game stopped getting supported back in 2017.
They already announced they have no plans on optimising it, especially since the game stopped being supported since 2017 & all the focus went into MCC & Infinite
The graphics WERE updated, is that what you mean?
KZS01 wrote:
The graphics WERE updated, is that what you mean?
I’m assuming not.

Halo 5 did get a 4K update for Xbox One X back in the day however the brand new Series X & S consoles have games that are “optimised” for the new hardware and feature a special badge in “my games and apps” on your console.
These optimisation updates usually reduce loading times, increase possible FPS & upscale textures in game. I believe this is what OP I referring to.
There was an article on waypoint (community spotlight I believe) done around December or end of November talking about how textures had been updated in 5. If you look at the weapons especially, they're better. You're right that it isn't as complete as some games, yet. I hope they do a complete overhaul, because I think 5 is under-valued in the series.
KZS01 wrote:
There was an article on waypoint (community spotlight I believe) done around December or end of November talking about how textures had been updated in 5. If you look at the weapons especially, they're better. You're right that it isn't as complete as some games, yet. I hope they do a complete overhaul, because I think 5 is under-valued in the series.
I completely agree. Still lots of potential if they would dedicate one or two people to it at 343.
KZS01 wrote:
I completely agree. Still lots of potential if they would dedicate one or two people to it at 343.
One or two people to visually upgrade textures and optimise CPU processing is a huge undertaking. With Infinite due to release at the end of this year updating Halo 5 - a game they haven’t support for years, isn’t worth the development time.
Yeah, it would take a whole team, but that doesn't mean it's not worth it.
TheDonCJG wrote:
KZS01 wrote:
One or two people to visually upgrade textures and optimise CPU processing is a huge undertaking. With Infinite due to release at the end of this year updating Halo 5 - a game they haven’t support for years, isn’t worth the development time.
In H2 & H3, there was a team of 3 people making some great new maps at Bungie. If they can do it, I'm sure 343 could figure it out. Same thing with textures.
Nah, they won't with Halo 5. But, they might with Infinite.
Halo 5 will not get any updates