Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Will halo 5 still be played

OP CrashingMoney65

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Each Halo installment has it's own cult following, so I agree there will always be H5 mulitplayer. Sure the number drops when Infinite releases but they'll trickle back.
kjbart wrote:
I used to love H5 for many years, but at this point I'm just playing it to get to 152. I honestly don't see myself playing H5 after Infinite. But that's just me.
Same for me. I may grind ranked slayer after I finished 152 to see how high I can get and may try to get the 2 annoying breakout commendations. But as of 152, I'll have played my last warzone match of any variety. And I'll definitely switch to infinite on its release.
kjbart wrote:
honestly don't see myself playing H5 after Infinite. But that's just me.
Same here my guy, once Infinite releases, it's a wrap.
kjbart wrote:
I used to love H5 for many years, but at this point I'm just playing it to get to 152. I honestly don't see myself playing H5 after Infinite. But that's just me.
Same for me. I may grind ranked slayer after I finished 152 to see how high I can get and may try to get the 2 annoying breakout commendations. But as of 152, I'll have played my last warzone match of any variety. And I'll definitely switch to infinite on its release.
Yeah this game just doesn't have the same feel and the nostalgia that H1-3, and Reach have. Just don't see myself going back to H5 years down the road missing the game and having the same feeling I do playing the MCC titles.
Its not dead it just the time and day type of deal, I dont tend to have this problem on Halo 5 but kinda do on Halo MCC tho
kjbart wrote:
kjbart wrote:
Yeah this game just doesn't have the same feel and the nostalgia that H1-3, and Reach have. Just don't see myself going back to H5 years down the road missing the game and having the same feeling I do playing the MCC titles.
Yes to all the above. Recently got my 152 and play now to kill some time. Once infinite is here goodbye 5... hands up who still plays halo 4??? Crickets...
I'm in Australia and finding games rarely takes long besides normal Warzone.
This would be true but you are forgetting about how individuals have a desire to 100% complete on every game. There are also those who want to achieve Max rank to receive a BS reward that only has value within Halo Infinite. In other words, Halo 5 will continue to be played by those who enjoy it/Desire a moderately different Halo experience.
honestly, I think that one of the reasons that halo 5 has longer wait times is because halo 5 is one game, and MCC is at least 5. so with that reasoning, i think there may be a good chance on halo 5 surviving infinite.

also, has everyone forgotten how halo 5 has a forge that creates some of the best game types I've ever seen, that singlehandedly might just keep the game alive if all else fails.
honestly, I think that one of the reasons that halo 5 has longer wait times is because halo 5 is one game, and MCC is at least 5. so with that reasoning, i think there may be a good chance on halo 5 surviving infinite.

also, has everyone forgotten how halo 5 has a forge that creates some of the best game types I've ever seen, that singlehandedly might just keep the game alive if all else fails.
But infinite is apparently gonna have the best forge yet
Halo 5 is a dead game already. I am a regular halo 5 and it takes so long to find a match. Once halo infinite comes out halo 5 will be forgotten . People will split some going to mcc and some moving to infinte. HALO 5 WILL DIE !
(Edit: Im Uk so my time zone is different probs y matches take a while )
Then you don't know what the definition of a dead game is.

I understand circumstances are different, you are playing in the UK, it takes longer to find a match....but when you have Halo 5 and MCC on Xbox that is already fragmenting the playerbase, MCC is regularly receiving updates, and Halo 5 is going on 5 years old, the fact I can jump on any time of day in the USA and find a match is pretty astonishing and I think it still says a lot about the lifespan of the game.

A dead game means literally no one is playing it online. I play Halo 5 regularly, it's not dead.

But infinite is apparently gonna have the best forge yet
true...
Halo 5 is a dead game already. I am a regular halo 5 and it takes so long to find a match. Once halo infinite comes out halo 5 will be forgotten . People will split some going to mcc and some moving to infinte. HALO 5 WILL DIE !
(Edit: Im Uk so my time zone is different probs y matches take a while )
I'm guessing most people might wait til it gets reviewed on youtube or something like that. I recently started getting gamepass, so at least I'll be able to try it out before I buy it. So with people waiting to get it, Halo 5 will still be played quite a bit, but once people filter off, they are probably going to switch over to MCC or Infinite.
I mean, lets be honest. A lot of people still play every main stream Halo game, I think that people will always be playing Halo 5.
Hi I am also a British Spartan and the lobbies for social and ranked MP can be empty during the week, But Not warzone., That lobby don't even hang round long enough to pick my boost, I think it is not long Coming bro, You finished this fight, we just didn't go KIA, You wanna add me? HaloBaLLs88? I'm from London 😁
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2