Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Will Halo 6 be like "traditional" Halo?

OP BucciBlu

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
Halo 5's mechanics were good, I didn't think they belonged in Halo though. I am tired of all this sprint and spartan ability stuff. Seriously can we just go back to what made the franchise what it is today?
Probs not
Halo 6 will improve on Halo 5. Halo 6 will not be a Halo 2.5 or 3.5.

Please can we stop begging for halo 2 and 3 again.
Halo 5 is a brilliant game, mechanics and tbh, this is by far the best Halo so far.
I really hope so otherwise it could well be the last halo.

Halo 5 is a brilliant game, mechanics and tbh, this is by far the best Halo so far.
I agree.

People are begging for Halo 2 and 3 again because some people don't like Halo 5's mechanics. (hint hint some people is me)
Depends on how 343I chooses to interpret Halo 5.

Halo 5 was branded as a return to form, and it's not doing that great. Better double down on the gimmicks for Halo 6.

Regardless of the direction they take, I doubt they're ever removing sprint. They've been pretty adamant about that, they won't even give us no-sprint playlists, let alone rip it out of every part of the game.
Ramir3z77 wrote:

Halo 5 was branded as a return to form, and it's not doing that great. Better double down on the gimmicks for Halo 6.

Regardless of the direction they take, I doubt they're ever removing sprint.
I remember Josh Holmes said people expect sprint from Halo now.
Most likely not, all the Halos are very different from each other so non of them can be thought of as traditional anyway

Halo 2 = Duel wielding
Halo 3 = Equipment
Halo 3 ODST = No shields
Halo Reach = Armour Ability's
Halo 4 = Ordinance drops
Halo 5 = Spartan ability's

None of theses games have been the same in terms of gameplay.
Well, we'll just have to wait and see, won't we? Im pretty sure we're at least gonna get co-op in 6. That alone has me sold.
BucciBlu wrote:

People are begging for Halo 2 and 3 again because some people don't like Halo 5's mechanics. (hint hint some people is me)
That still not going to make people happy. Everybody would be like "NO Y U change the game, you SUX 343I" or "343 Can't make a halo game".
BucciBlu wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:

Regardless of the direction they take, I doubt they're ever removing sprint.
I remember Josh Holmes said people expect sprint from Halo now.
Oh yeah absolutely. Every FPS or even TPS has sprint now. Even Minecraft has sprint. Halo without a doubt will always have sprint. Those that do not want sprint are just going to have to stick with TMCC. Or when Reach comes out soon as BC, they can play that, but it also has sprint.
BucciBlu wrote:

but those "some people" are the very very minority of the fan base.
If they made halo 2.5/3.5 you'd realise the game would "die" or get boring alot faster.

Halo has evolved and moved on and it has done it well. We don't want Halo 2 again, go play MCC
Its probably just going to be like halo 4 and 5...8U
Nope, expect more micro-transactions and fast paced close quarters balanced warfare. Halo 4 and 5 are the worse releases of the main halo series if you look at their population charts. After 2 months both of their populations have dropped significantly. Compare the charts to H2, H3 and H:R. Halo 5 although enjoyable isn't the best halo game. Halo 3 maintained steady population for over 3 years. Not even new DLC could boost the halo 4 population. Halo 5 will suffer the same fate. For those wanting the population charts. Google is your friend.
How are they the minority. This forum is bombarded by negativity. An the most played lists speak for themselves.
I hope not. While I love the classics, I support the direction that Halo 5 is taking. To me, Halo 5 still feels like Halo.
WhiteDrone wrote:
Nope, expect more micro-transactions and fast paced close quarters balanced warfare. Halo 4 and 5 are the worse releases of the main halo series if you look at their population charts. After 2 months both of their populations have dropped significantly. Compare the charts to H2, H3 and H:R. Halo 5 although enjoyable isn't the best halo game. Halo 3 maintained steady population for over 3 years. Not even new DLC could boost the halo 4 population. Halo 5 will suffr the same fate. For those wanting the population charts. Google is your friend.
Source?
themanss22 wrote:
WhiteDrone wrote:
Nope, expect more micro-transactions and fast paced close quarters balanced warfare. Halo 4 and 5 are the worse releases of the main halo series if you look at their population charts. After 2 months both of their populations have dropped significantly. Compare the charts to H2, H3 and H:R. Halo 5 although enjoyable isn't the best halo game. Halo 3 maintained steady population for over 3 years. Not even new DLC could boost the halo 4 population. Halo 5 will suffr the same fate. For those wanting the population charts. Google is your friend.
Source?
If you read the post google is your friend.
I hope not H5 is awesome
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15