Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Will Halo 6 be like "traditional" Halo?

OP BucciBlu

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
Why have people been talking about Halo 6 already??? Dude.. Halo 5 just came out. Let 343 get their monies worth with these req packs.

Of all the things that were asked for in Halo:Reach, did we get any of it in Halo4? Then after H4, did we get anything that was asked in H5?
Well, people are already talking about Halo 6 because Halo 5 was a let down, and they are hoping that Halo 6 will be much better and actually return to franchise's roots, instead of whatever Halo 5 did.
Your point? No one going to be happy, even if 343I returned the old roots they still going to complain to 343I.
Speaking as someone who adores classic Halo, I feel like Halo 5 is a great example of moving the franchise forward while keeping the arena shooter roots intact. I may not agree with spartan charge or ground pound, but they've made sprint work in a Halo game, and thrusters work great as well. Halo 6 could do some things to tighten it up, but I doubt we're ever gonna see a new Halo game without some form of spartan abilities in it. And I've finally reached a point where I'm okay with that.
Halo was never an "Arena Shooter"...ever...it was a Tactical/Arena shooter.
themanss22 wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
Why have people been talking about Halo 6 already??? Dude.. Halo 5 just came out. Let 343 get their monies worth with these req packs.

Of all the things that were asked for in Halo:Reach, did we get any of it in Halo4? Then after H4, did we get anything that was asked in H5?
Well, people are already talking about Halo 6 because Halo 5 was a let down, and they are hoping that Halo 6 will be much better and actually return to franchise's roots, instead of whatever Halo 5 did.
Your point? No one going to be happy, even if 343I returned the old roots they still going to complain to 343I.
If 343 took Halo back to it's roots...for real...actually made a game that felt like the sequel to Halo 3 (gameplay-wise), I for one would be thrilled. I was/still am thrilled with the half--Yoink-'d H2A multiplayer on the broken MCC. If it weren't for the game being totally broken and that playlist only having six maps, I'd spend every -Yoinking!- night on there. So, please don't do this tired old crap where you basically say, "343's damned if they do, damned if they don't". I'd be ecstatic and grateful as hell to actually get my favorite game ever, Halo back after what would be eight lonnnng years!
themanss22 wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:

If 343 took Halo back to it's roots...for real...actually made a game that felt like the sequel to Halo 3 (gameplay-wise), I for one would be thrilled. I was/still am thrilled with the half--Yoink-'d H2A multiplayer on the broken MCC. If it weren't for the game being totally broken and that playlist only having six maps, I'd spend every -Yoinking!- night on there. So, please don't do this tired old crap where you basically say, "343's damned if they do, damned if they don't". I'd be ecstatic and grateful as hell to actually get my favorite game ever, Halo back after what would be eight lonnnng years!
How would you know.? I bet that if they did go back old root I'm sure people would still blame them this and that. You are trying to bring the "stop supporting 343" bs then I'm not even trying to defend them, I'm making point that people would never be happy. Not even the old halo fans, they just bring up the old "343 stop ruining halo" bs.
Would like a return to the scale of Halo 3 and bits of Reach, like the scarab battles and waterfront assault. Much as I like 5, all but 2 missions felt quite compact. Hopefully 343 won't go Mass Effect stupid, and have Chief fight a guardian face-to-face and on foot
SpitFlame wrote:
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Depends on how 343I chooses to interpret Halo 5.
Halo 5 was branded as a return to form, and it's not doing that great. Better double down on the gimmicks for Halo 6.
Regardless of the direction they take, I doubt they're ever removing sprint. They've been pretty adamant about that, they won't even give us no-sprint playlists, let alone rip it out of every part of the game.
Map control is relevant.
Fight for power weapons.
Balanced.
Even starts.
Objectively speaking, it certainly is a return to form for the franchise. I don't know what game you've been playing.
I could argue about whether it's a return to form or not. That's irrelevant to my point.

If 343I believes the game was a return to form, and they see that the game didn't do so well, they're more likely to make Halo 6 even more "innovative" to compensate. That's all I said in that post.

Quote:
Halo was never an "Arena Shooter"...ever...it was a Tactical/Arena shooter.
I legitimately doubt even a tenth of the people who use that term have ever even touched an old school arena shooter.
343 will probably not listen to their original fans and bring back some of the original material that made halo, although i completely agree halo is nowhere even close as good as it was back in the day of Halo:CE or my personal favorite Halo 2. 343 is just trying to bring in more kids which means making the game easier and moving on to a new generation of gamers. Although I aswell as so many other original halo fans would like to see a halo game much like the original halos,it's stupid to even hope 343 will give us just that
I doubt Halo will ever completely revert back to the old gameplay under 343i but I do think that Halo 6 will be much more like the older games with less Spartan abilities, slower movement and smaller maps considering how well Halo's "evolution" turned out.

Pretty much "less gimmicky" as Ramir3z77 said.
They have done a great job with Halo 5 but I think its time for a new kind of halo or at least a new series.
Halo 6 will improve on Halo 5. Halo 6 will not be a Halo 2.5 or 3.5.

Please can we stop begging for halo 2 and 3 again.
Halo 5 is a brilliant game, mechanics and tbh, this is by far the best Halo so far.
I Wholeheartedly agree with this. Halo 3 was my favorite FPS of all time and I didn't think any Halo would ever match it, but then... Halo 5 won.
It's amazing. I can't wait to see what they come up with to improve on. ^_^
My intention for this thread wasn't to be a flame war, it was supposed to be a discussion. People rode their opinion like a horse and quickly took this downhill.
Locked at OP's request.

(For real this time.)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. ...
  6. 15