Will Halo come back?

OP Zancuran

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21
I understand that everyone is concerned for their favorite gaming series. I understand everyone wants a fun and engaging experience that no one will forget. So my question is, what can 343 do now to make Halo have a come back? Revert to original style and build from there, retain what they have and go on from that or add in both?

Just wanting to start a discussion on what people think.

My buddy made this video though it might get alot of hate but he cares for the series and wants 343 to make Halo into something amazing again and learn from what Bungie. Taking a trip back to the older games and see what they can use to make the next game even better.

His profile.

I didnt post the video due to some negative parts.
343 isn't going to go back to anything. They've created a pretty good game. Though a lot needs to be fixed/tweaked/added....
Nope! Halo is over, you should probably play something else.
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
343 isn't going to go back to anything. They've created a pretty good game. Though a lot needs to be fixed/tweaked/added....
Then explain why it is the worst selling?
Nope! Halo is over, you should probably play something else.
There are other games yes so back to TMCC I go.
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
Worst selling doesn't always mean bad. For a niche, it sold pretty well.
I hope not, because then we'll have to stop using dank "WeBack" memes.

Seriously though, I'm not sure doing anything will ever bring Halo back into mainstream popularity.
They need to bring back Reach style offline features. I can't stress this enough. I want access to all my maps, game types, theater stuff, offline with LAN, splitscreen and Firefight. Only then will Halo come back for really real.
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
It's different times. Halo are no longer king of fps and the franchise are declining. The market are simply no longer interested in Halo.
They need to bring back Reach style offline features. I can't stress this enough. I want access to all my maps, game types, theater stuff, offline with LAN, splitscreen and Firefight. Only then will Halo come back for really real.
Thank you
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
Well they need to seriously step up their game.
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
It's different times. Halo are no longer king of fps and the franchise are declining. The market are simply no longer interested in Halo.
After Halo 5, this idea right here excites me.
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
You don't got no proof. Halofollower and vgchartz are not valid sources of information.
the game is going to die if 343 don't fix match making, my friends and i have spent the last 2 hrs trying to get games and can find a game in matchmaking! 343 fix this -Yoink-
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
Except Halo isn't, or at least wasn't, a niche game. The fact that it's fallen so far to be referred to as such shows that something is clearly off. Halo is a flagship franchise, a system seller. Other games aspired to be the "Halo killer".

Sure it sold well for a niche game, but that's pretty pathetic and a lame excuse for a game that was once a juggernaut in gaming. Halo can be back on top, I truly believe that. Unfortunately 343 doesn't have what it takes to get Halo back up there. They'd rather follow current trends in other games to attract people who don't care for Halo anyway, instead of catering to the people who supported Halo all this time.
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
Except Halo isn't, or at least wasn't, a niche game. The fact that it's fallen so far to be referred to as such shows that something is clearly off. Halo is a flagship franchise, a system seller. Other games aspired to be the "Halo killer".

Sure it sold well for a niche game, but that's pretty pathetic and a lame excuse for a game that was once a juggernaut in gaming. Halo can be back on top, I truly believe that. Unfortunately 343 doesn't have what it takes to get Halo back up there. They'd rather follow current trends in other games to attract people who don't care for Halo anyway, instead of catering to the people who supported Halo all this time.
Took the words right out of my mouth. "For a niche, it sold pretty well"...... Yeah except halo is not a niche game lolz
Lately, the FPS genre has been declining. I doubt any FPS, Halo included, will ever have the popularity or cultural impact of days gone by ever again. The FPS will always be around, but it's gradually being sidelined by smaller indie games that bring something new to the table. Halo probably won't grow any more, but it'll always be around. Hell, they'll probably continue releasing novels after the games are over.
Zancuran wrote:
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
Stop living in the past. Halo isn't the one game to play now a days nor isn't the only triple A title out there.
There's a club in the middle of Manhattan that has the best DJ on the planet, the drinks are never watered down, the owner is a funny and sociable host, not a creepy coke addict, and the whole vibe is amazing. Two years ago you couldn't get into the place unless you were in a celebrity entourage. Now it's a ghost town. You know what changed? Not the club. In case I have to spell it out, the moral of the story is that Halo never left.
BADMAGIK wrote:
Zancuran wrote:
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
Stop living in the past. Halo isn't the one game to play now a days nor isn't the only triple A title out there.
Funny that you clearly make that assumption, thinking I want Halo 3.5. No clearly what I WANT is Halo to continue and it being the game that can bring people back together. Also for me It is the mostly played game I have as for right now. I have other games sure but i play it among all others.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 21