3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 21
Come back? I don't think it ever left lol
Problem is people like to complain about everything if 343 made a game just like Halo 3 people would complain about being JUST like Halo 3 and nothing new. Games are about evolving and going forwards and this is what 343 are trying to do. People asked for a more competitve game and 343 delivered, Halo 5 is far away from perfection but so was Halo 3.
Zancuran wrote:
I understand that everyone is concerned for their favorite gaming series. I understand everyone wants a fun and engaging experience that no one will forget. So my question is, what can 343 do now to make Halo have a come back? Revert to original style and build from there, retain what they have and go on from that or add in both?

Just wanting to start a discussion on what people think.

My buddy made this video though it might get alot of hate but he cares for the series and wants 343 to make Halo into something amazing again and learn from what Bungie. Taking a trip back to the older games and see what they can use to make the next game even better.

His profile.

I didnt post the video due to some negative parts.
It was never gone.
One more word I might add. I believe warframe/destiny took alot from Halo. The keys to success in those games is first, dedication. If players commit themselves to play those games they will be rewarded. This was how I felt when playing previous halos. One thing that cripples halo5 imo is the obligation to have a mic, join squads and farm kill. these people get an advantage in halo. In Warframe all you have to do is play your best and commit then you will receive your prime parts in timely manner; no mic needed and for the most part everyone in team knows the objective (if you want a specific prime part just find the right place); also you are not disrespectfully spawn killing other players in order to get ahead.

Halo5 has some work the need to be done to get it in tip top shape. I don't regret buying halo5 as the way i regret buying Project Cars. However I do want this game to succeed for not just one MLG group but the entire Halo community. In the end it will all be up to 343 Industries to decide who they want to make their game for, whether its one fan or all.
Hopefully Halo will not die anywhere near the future. The series is worth so much money that Microsoft won't allow it. They will poor money into the game until it works or change the staff.
it wont they have to continue the story
They need to bring back Reach style offline features. I can't stress this enough. I want access to all my maps, game types, theater stuff, offline with LAN, splitscreen and Firefight. Only then will Halo come back for really real.
I agree, they messed up not putting split screen into the game.
The only thing they should bring back is the offline from previous Halos..
First of all: Bring back our splitscreen, that's a must have in a Halo Game.
And I'm pretty sad about taking out the plasma rifle since it was an original Halo weapon! But we always have to spawn with dual plasma rifle since the storm rifle is a bit faster to not effect the gameplay.
And since 343 added the CE Magnum they should add the CE Shotgun since it never seemed to run out.
The brute shot would be awesome in warzone to play.
So more old weapons (needle rifle, dual Brute plasma rifle, the Odst silence pistol, Spiker, Flamethrower, sentinal beam)

Also 343 have to add armor of all noble team members!
Since we have an assassination for Emile and noble magnum skin and noble assault rifle skin, we should also have the armour and the helmet then. (For every member: Carter's armour and helmet is already in the game, but we need the set of Jun, Emile, Kat, George, Noble Six, and the Noble six who was called Tom)

Infection would be nice too but not that -Yoink- halo 4 infection we want the classic halo infection.

More classic maps like zanzibar for arena.
I want it to be like the old halos, when we had the most fun times playing with our friends or family and we did all these random and crazy things on these halo games.
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
343 isn't going to go back to anything. They've created a pretty good game. Though a lot needs to be fixed/tweaked/added....
Then explain why it is the worst selling?
Because some people don't really like the "new" expirience of the games 343 has made so far.
I think the game would have sold the same even if it was a completely different game. People just aren't as into Halo anymore.
Therefore rendering all this "modernization" pointless. If people just "aren't as into Halo anymore", then what purpose does it serve to alienate parts of your original fanbase?

Some people around here seem to want it both ways. They say "Halo needed to modernize" yet when these "modern" Halo games fail to reinvigorate the fanbase or bring in enough new fans to replace them they fall back to "well people just aren't into Halo anymore".
Actually, it makes the "modernization" more needed. If they already know that Halo 5 is going to sell a certain amount less than previous games, why not try something new to sell more copies?

The intention of the changes was never to "alienate" anyone from the original fanbase.
Interesting they somehow have the foresight to know Halo 5 "will sell a certain amount less", ahead of time yet not know which steps to take to avoid it. And at the end of it all still fail to stop the decline. Are you implying they somehow knew the alternatives would do even worse? If that's the case then I would like to know how they learned that. I imagine it must involve traveling between alternate timelines.....

Alienating the fanbase is kind of inevitable when you actively base your decisions around trying to court completely separate fanbases. Do you really think they had the core Halo fanbase in mind when they designed Halo 4?
Companies track market trends. But that's not my point. You said that the "modernization" was pointless, but how would they know that it would fail? My point is, they didn't know that what they came up with "wasn't going to work". I'm having a hard time following what you're getting at I guess.

What I'm trying to say is they expected to sell X number of copies because people buy Halo games, no matter what. Maybe the estimated that the X would be lower than previous games based on market trends and competition and those sorts of things. With the assumption that they would sell X (again people just are going to buy Halo games) regardless of the way the game ended up being, why not try something to get that X to be higher? The changes that they made were that attempt to get higher sales.

Yes, I really think they had the fanbase in mind. They were making a Halo game. They didn't alienate anyone, you just didn't like the last couple of games.
Halo was a good game, but 343 has done such a Blarged up job that a lot of people do not want to play it anymore. That and E-Sport/MLG is the real problem here. All the Rules and regulations makes the game not worth playing.

Example I was playing Social Grifball a week ago with some friends. From the start of the game the other team was not only holding the ball but spawn killing us so bad that it wasn't any fun and we quit. Now i cant say that in the past I havent dones something like this but there is a point were players unlitmatly cause others to quit.

This for me was First time I quit a Halo 5 game, and was banned for an hour. Why should anyone want to play a game that will punish you for getting slaughtered like that.

The game has become to serious that casual players cant play and have fun any more. If 343 did like Bungie did on H3 and put a game mode like MLG or something it could resolve a lot of issues that casual players have with this game.
Zancuran wrote:
I understand that everyone is concerned for their favorite gaming series. I understand everyone wants a fun and engaging experience that no one will forget. So my question is, what can 343 do now to make Halo have a come back? Revert to original style and build from there, retain what they have and go on from that or add in both?

My buddy made this video though it might get alot of hate but he cares for the series and wants 343 to make Halo into something amazing again and learn from what Bungie. Taking a trip back to the older games and see what they can use to make the next game even better.

His profile.

At least for me they made a good game with i made good memories, to make halo a comeback its nearly impossible if they dont risk to do something new, right now videogames are not like they used to be so taking back one of those wont be good, maybe for some fans but not for the bussines.
areweclear wrote:
Halo was a good game, but 343 has done such a Blarged up job that a lot of people do not want to play it anymore. That and E-Sport/MLG is the real problem here. All the Rules and regulations makes the game not worth playing.
Example I was playing Social Grifball a week ago with some friends. From the start of the game the other team was not only holding the ball but spawn killing us so bad that it wasn't any fun and we quit. Now i cant say that in the past I havent dones something like this but there is a point were players unlitmatly cause others to quit.

This for me was First time I quit a Halo 5 game, and was banned for an hour. Why should anyone want to play a game that will punish you for getting slaughtered like that.

The game has become to serious that casual players cant play and have fun any more. If 343 did like Bungie did on H3 and put a game mode like MLG or something it could resolve a lot of issues that casual players have with this game.
You quitting because you got spawn killed in Grifball is in no way related to 343. That's a problem that you have with Grifball.
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
343 isn't going to go back to anything. They've created a pretty good game. Though a lot needs to be fixed/tweaked/added....
Because some people don't really like the "new" expirience of the games 343 has made so far.
I think the game would have sold the same even if it was a completely different game. People just aren't as into Halo anymore.
Therefore rendering all this "modernization" pointless. If people just "aren't as into Halo anymore", then what purpose does it serve to alienate parts of your original fanbase?

Some people around here seem to want it both ways. They say "Halo needed to modernize" yet when these "modern" Halo games fail to reinvigorate the fanbase or bring in enough new fans to replace them they fall back to "well people just aren't into Halo anymore".
Actually, it makes the "modernization" more needed. If they already know that Halo 5 is going to sell a certain amount less than previous games, why not try something new to sell more copies?

The intention of the changes was never to "alienate" anyone from the original fanbase.
Interesting they somehow have the foresight to know Halo 5 "will sell a certain amount less", ahead of time yet not know which steps to take to avoid it. And at the end of it all still fail to stop the decline. Are you implying they somehow knew the alternatives would do even worse? If that's the case then I would like to know how they learned that. I imagine it must involve traveling between alternate timelines.....

Alienating the fanbase is kind of inevitable when you actively base your decisions around trying to court completely separate fanbases. Do you really think they had the core Halo fanbase in mind when they designed Halo 4?
Companies track market trends. But that's not my point. You said that the "modernization" was pointless, but how would they know that it would fail? My point is, they didn't know that what they came up with "wasn't going to work". I'm having a hard time following what you're getting at I guess.

What I'm trying to say is they expected to sell X number of copies because people buy Halo games, no matter what. Maybe the estimated that the X would be lower than previous games based on market trends and competition and those sorts of things. With the assumption that they would sell X (again people just are going to buy Halo games) regardless of the way the game ended up being, why not try something to get that X to be higher? The changes that they made were that attempt to get higher sales.

Yes, I really think they had the fanbase in mind. They were making a Halo game. They didn't alienate anyone, you just didn't like the last couple of games.
I want my halo dev to focus on making a great halo game, not trying to hit sales numbers. And its pretty clear they've been trying to steal players from other FPS franchises (you know which) rather than building on Halo's own strengths.
Zancuran wrote:

His profile.

It was never gone.
it's on its way. Halo 5 is probably the dead cat bounce of the franchise
Thank you
I believe that Halo only needs a few old weapons and vehicles to "come back" I hope they do it soon nevertheless though
h1nt0n wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
WerepyreND wrote:
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:

I want my halo dev to focus on making a great halo game, not trying to hit sales numbers. And its pretty clear they've been trying to steal players from other FPS franchises (you know which) rather than building on Halo's own strengths.
A great game would increase sales though....
Just because they made changes that would attract other players doesn't mean they were throwing out quality, it means the looking at it from a different angle.

If a ton of people play a game that you think is low quality, you're probably in the minority with that opinion. More players is almost (I said almost, calm down) directly related to quality. It may not be your specific idea of quality but no gamer is going to play a game that they think is crappy.
Just needs to bring a few classic things and as Halo adapts as what's to comes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 21