Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Will Halo come back?

OP Zancuran

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 21
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
343 isn't going to go back to anything. They've created a pretty good game. Though a lot needs to be fixed/tweaked/added....
Then explain why it is the worst selling?
Worst selling doesn't always mean bad. For a niche, it sold pretty well.
Except Halo isn't, or at least wasn't, a niche game. The fact that it's fallen so far to be referred to as such shows that something is clearly off. Halo is a flagship franchise, a system seller. Other games aspired to be the "Halo killer".

Sure it sold well for a niche game, but that's pretty pathetic and a lame excuse for a game that was once a juggernaut in gaming. Halo can be back on top, I truly believe that. Unfortunately 343 doesn't have what it takes to get Halo back up there. They'd rather follow current trends in other games to attract people who don't care for Halo anyway, instead of catering to the people who supported Halo all this time.
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
343 isn't going to go back to anything. They've created a pretty good game. Though a lot needs to be fixed/tweaked/added....
Then explain why it is the worst selling?
Worst selling doesn't always mean bad. For a niche, it sold pretty well.
I agree, Halo 5 wasn't the most horrible game I played, it needs fixing. I think that people just didn't like the huge change.
things that blew me away
h2 - ranks, tons of new playlists and gametypes, parties, matchmaking, clans, there were top 10 lists on bungie showing the best players for each playlist. Wow.
h3 - FORGE holy yoink we can make our own maps, file share, theater, even more gametypes and modes, EVERY playlist had a Social and ranked version. Wow

h5 - ummm, i mean warzone is kinda cool.

its hard to be the top franchise again when all the features that made it great are either broken or Coming Soon. Even the UI and chat are clunky garbage, how are you gonna wow people if you can't get step 1 right.
I think Halo 5 was intentionally created this way. There are many reason why I think that but I will share some ideas. Halo 4 was really good and I was expecting it to bomb. I think they made Halo 4 so well that they earned our trust so they can make a lot of money on Halo 5. When they do Halo 6 and probably a few other titles inbetween, they are trying to build up for Halo 6 so that it will be a great game. If they disappoint us now, we will collectively say that Halo 6 was way better than 5 and we will all buy the final Halo game.
Halo is a great games series. It has had its up and downs. Halo 5 is a great game,but it does have its downsides. 343 has done an amazing job on Halo and should keep it up. To make Halo 5 better, I'd suggest to add Flood and/or Infection, Team Snipers, Juggernaut, Heavies, new maps for Arena and Warzone, new weapons,add old weapons, and I know Firefight is coming into Halo 5 and I am so excited. 343 take these suggestions into consideration and I think many other people would agree. For other fellow Halo players post what you would like to make a comeback in Halo 5 and comment on this site. Also it would be a big help to subscribe to my spartan company's new channel. The channel's name is called "Found Manadix" and we are doing all kinds of gameplay. We will start to do Halo so please like and subscribe and thanks everyone for supporting Halo and everyone who has a part in it. :)
areweclear wrote:
Halo was a good game, but 343 has done such a Blarged up job that a lot of people do not want to play it anymore. That and E-Sport/MLG is the real problem here. All the Rules and regulations makes the game not worth playing.
Example I was playing Social Grifball a week ago with some friends. From the start of the game the other team was not only holding the ball but spawn killing us so bad that it wasn't any fun and we quit. Now i cant say that in the past I havent dones something like this but there is a point were players unlitmatly cause others to quit.

This for me was First time I quit a Halo 5 game, and was banned for an hour. Why should anyone want to play a game that will punish you for getting slaughtered like that.

The game has become to serious that casual players cant play and have fun any more. If 343 did like Bungie did on H3 and put a game mode like MLG or something it could resolve a lot of issues that casual players have with this game.
You quitting because you got spawn killed in Grifball is in no way related to 343. That's a problem that you have with Grifball.
Actually I quit because despite the ability that 343 has, spawn killing has never been and will never be cool or fun, and that is related to 343 because they programmed the damn game so they can program a way to not get Blarged like that in any game mode. I was using Grifball as an example of the brutal punishment that is laid out for players if you don't "play by the rules".
Really, this game is lacking in game modes and social features. They need a better file share system, and a true social playlist. Then they need to incorporate more community made maps and remakes into multiplayer, giving us more map variety. These things alone will keep players, and may bring them back.
It'll never be the juggernaut it once was. CoD is the series that's popular because it's popular now, and Halo has to stand on its own merits. This isn't to say that Halo was never good, but in retrospect, what did the Halo do besides dumb down an arena shooter enough to work on a console with joysticks? It never was particularly new or revolutionary.
I have played halo from the beginning and I'm liking it very much in fact this halo is my favourite since odst. It's going for me in the right direction and will continue to.
areweclear wrote:
areweclear wrote:
Halo was a good game, but 343 has done such a Blarged up job that a lot of people do not want to play it anymore. That and E-Sport/MLG is the real problem here. All the Rules and regulations makes the game not worth playing.
Example I was playing Social Grifball a week ago with some friends. From the start of the game the other team was not only holding the ball but spawn killing us so bad that it wasn't any fun and we quit. Now i cant say that in the past I havent dones something like this but there is a point were players unlitmatly cause others to quit.

This for me was First time I quit a Halo 5 game, and was banned for an hour. Why should anyone want to play a game that will punish you for getting slaughtered like that.

The game has become to serious that casual players cant play and have fun any more. If 343 did like Bungie did on H3 and put a game mode like MLG or something it could resolve a lot of issues that casual players have with this game.
You quitting because you got spawn killed in Grifball is in no way related to 343. That's a problem that you have with Grifball.
Actually I quit because despite the ability that 343 has, spawn killing has never been and will never be cool or fun, and that is related to 343 because they programmed the damn game so they can program a way to not get Blarged like that in any game mode. I was using Grifball as an example of the brutal punishment that is laid out for players if you don't "play by the rules".
Grifball was from H3 though, where this same thing happened. Grifball courts have a set design and spawn points. This isn't because of 343's "bad programming" this is just the way Grifball is set up.

Also, yea you quit because you were getting spawn killed
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
343 isn't going to go back to anything. They've created a pretty good game. Though a lot needs to be fixed/tweaked/added....
Then explain why it is the worst selling?
Worst selling doesn't always mean bad. For a niche, it sold pretty well.
I agree, Halo 5 wasn't the most horrible game I played, it needs fixing. I think that people just didn't like the huge change.
Bros...

i thought it was bad when people were saying "top 10 is good enough" about halo. Now we're saying its sunk low enough to be called niche and thats cool?

never thought i'd see the day halo was called niche. maybe after halo 6 it'll be referred to as a cute little indie side project.
The times are very different now. Back when halo 1,2, and 3 came out there wasn't as much competition. A lot of people played Halo because it was the best of only a few options. Now there are so many different types of games that everyone has to choose what to spend their time on. Not to mention the amout of FPS games alone that are out now.

Today I still love halo as much as I did back then. Only now there are about 7 other games that I love to play. So I divide up my free time between those games.

I hope one day halo will get back to the "glory" days. I don't think any game will be like that again.
Watched the video, not great it really isn't the narrator starts off with negativity putting views in a bad mood which makes it a hate film. People would have complained to no end if the game had to get pushed back, the new assault is fine the ball/bomb was meant to serve more than one purpose it is call being efficient with your time and not making two of virtually the same thing when one thing will do. As for the weapon skins there are less then 20 per weapon not 500 for the BR, and this customization was needed because the vast armor customizing was removed to better fit the frame rates. As for the armor not looking gritty and damage get over it really I would take a 1,000 weapon skins then having gritty armor. If you miss Bungie's Halo go play Reach and leave the rest of us who have assimilated alone with our 343i Halo.
Gruzky wrote:
The times are very different now. Back when halo 1,2, and 3 came out there wasn't as much competition. A lot of people played Halo because it was the best of only a few options. Now there are so many different types of games that everyone has to choose what to spend their time on. Not to mention the amout of FPS games alone that are out now.

Today I still love halo as much as I did back then. Only now there are about 7 other games that I love to play. So I divide up my free time between those games.

I hope one day halo will get back to the "glory" days. I don't think any game will be like that again.
Please stop this.

I've owned every game system since NES and not once was there ever a time before or after halo CE when there wasn't a ton of great games to play. We aren't just comparing h5 to games out now, we're also comparing it to CE-Reach and its lacking hardcore.
areweclear wrote:
areweclear wrote:
Halo was a good game, but 343 has done such a Blarged up job that a lot of people do not want to play it anymore. That and E-Sport/MLG is the real problem here. All the Rules and regulations makes the game not worth playing.
Example I was playing Social Grifball a week ago with some friends. From the start of the game the other team was not only holding the ball but spawn killing us so bad that it wasn't any fun and we quit. Now i cant say that in the past I havent dones something like this but there is a point were players unlitmatly cause others to quit.

This for me was First time I quit a Halo 5 game, and was banned for an hour. Why should anyone want to play a game that will punish you for getting slaughtered like that.

The game has become to serious that casual players cant play and have fun any more. If 343 did like Bungie did on H3 and put a game mode like MLG or something it could resolve a lot of issues that casual players have with this game.
You quitting because you got spawn killed in Grifball is in no way related to 343. That's a problem that you have with Grifball.
Actually I quit because despite the ability that 343 has, spawn killing has never been and will never be cool or fun, and that is related to 343 because they programmed the damn game so they can program a way to not get Blarged like that in any game mode. I was using Grifball as an example of the brutal punishment that is laid out for players if you don't "play by the rules".
Grifball was from H3 though, where this same thing happened. Grifball courts have a set design and spawn points. This isn't because of 343's "bad programming" this is just the way Grifball is set up.
Actually Grifball first appeared in H2 for a short time, and 343 does have the ability to oh idk put in a one way shield to prevent total spawn camping in Grifball, so they do have control.

But again the point is being missed here and you all are focusing on an example not the whole post in it's self.
areweclear wrote:
areweclear wrote:
areweclear wrote:
Halo was a good game, but 343 has done such a Blarged up job that a lot of people do not want to play it anymore. That and E-Sport/MLG is the real problem here. All the Rules and regulations makes the game not worth playing.
Example I was playing Social Grifball a week ago with some friends. From the start of the game the other team was not only holding the ball but spawn killing us so bad that it wasn't any fun and we quit. Now i cant say that in the past I havent dones something like this but there is a point were players unlitmatly cause others to quit.

This for me was First time I quit a Halo 5 game, and was banned for an hour. Why should anyone want to play a game that will punish you for getting slaughtered like that.

The game has become to serious that casual players cant play and have fun any more. If 343 did like Bungie did on H3 and put a game mode like MLG or something it could resolve a lot of issues that casual players have with this game.
You quitting because you got spawn killed in Grifball is in no way related to 343. That's a problem that you have with Grifball.
Actually I quit because despite the ability that 343 has, spawn killing has never been and will never be cool or fun, and that is related to 343 because they programmed the damn game so they can program a way to not get Blarged like that in any game mode. I was using Grifball as an example of the brutal punishment that is laid out for players if you don't "play by the rules".
Grifball was from H3 though, where this same thing happened. Grifball courts have a set design and spawn points. This isn't because of 343's "bad programming" this is just the way Grifball is set up.
Actually Grifball first appeared in H2 for a short time, and 343 does have the ability to oh idk put in a one way shield to prevent total spawn camping in Grifball, so they do have control.

But again the point is being missed here and you all are focusing on an example not the whole post in it's self.
But that's not how Grifball is. Your problem is with Grifball, in that example.

I wasn't commenting on your point, just your example haha

I'll go back and read your post and reply to your actual point
totally will
I've said it before and I'll say it again; if you don't like Halo, quit playing, NO game will ever be perfect and certainly no game can have everything EVERYONE wants. Halo 5 has some set backs, but so does every other Halo title.
Nope! Halo is over, you should probably play something else.
Yea, you should probably go play games that are the same every single year, and once they try something new, you should complain and act like you know how to make something you've been doing for 2 years perfect!
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
343 isn't going to go back to anything. They've created a pretty good game. Though a lot needs to be fixed/tweaked/added....
Then explain why it is the worst selling?
Worst selling doesn't always mean bad. For a niche, it sold pretty well.
Except Halo isn't, or at least wasn't, a niche game. The fact that it's fallen so far to be referred to as such shows that something is clearly off. Halo is a flagship franchise, a system seller. Other games aspired to be the "Halo killer".

Sure it sold well for a niche game, but that's pretty pathetic and a lame excuse for a game that was once a juggernaut in gaming. Halo can be back on top, I truly believe that. Unfortunately 343 doesn't have what it takes to get Halo back up there. They'd rather follow current trends in other games to attract people who don't care for Halo anyway, instead of catering to the people who supported Halo all this time.
Hey, when Bungie decides to sell Halo for some trash, money grabbing sellout, and 343 is doing their best to bring it back, don't expect the best results right off the bat. If you're gonna blame 343, don't, it's all Bungies fault
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 21