3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 21
I think it will come back at least I hope so
Nope! Halo is over, you should probably play something else.
Yea, you should probably go play games that are the same every single year, and once they try something new, you should complain and act like you know how to make something you've been doing for 2 years perfect!
CoCo, you need to learn what sarcasm is...
Take away sprint, loadouts, and any other retarded COD-style additions they've made since Reach.

Halo 5 was the first Halo I didn't buy, and I've been playing since the CE days.
Loadouts are gone and sprint is balanced now. halo 5 is closer to halo 3 than halo 4 and reach.
That makes no sense. You can't say a game with sprint and other AA and ADS is closer to Halo 3 than Halo 4 or Reach.
if they can go back to how it was, get input from the community on how to go, and work from there!
For the record, for those saying Halo had to "evolve" to stay relevant, that's just not true. Look at CS:GO. Counter Strike hardly changed when that game came out, most things were the same, but it still has an amazing population.
There's a club in the middle of Manhattan that has the best DJ on the planet, the drinks are never watered down, the owner is a funny and sociable host, not a creepy coke addict, and the whole vibe is amazing. Two years ago you couldn't get into the place unless you were in a celebrity entourage. Now it's a ghost town. You know what changed? Not the club. In case I have to spell it out, the moral of the story is that Halo never left.
Wow that's a great analogy, H3 competed with CoD4 then a year later MW2, that was pretty much it. What does H5 go against, Destiny, Fallout 4, BO3, The Division, battlefield and God knows what else. H5 apparently has the best player retention of any Halo ever. But it has a sharp learning curve and no real instant gratification, where as in CoD you get rewarded for playing 1 game.
Biig Me wrote:
There's a club in the middle of Manhattan that has the best DJ on the planet, the drinks are never watered down, the owner is a funny and sociable host, not a creepy coke addict, and the whole vibe is amazing. Two years ago you couldn't get into the place unless you were in a celebrity entourage. Now it's a ghost town. You know what changed? Not the club. In case I have to spell it out, the moral of the story is that Halo never left.
Wow that's a great analogy, H3 competed with CoD4 then a year later MW2, that was pretty much it. What does H5 go against, Destiny, Fallout 4, BO3, The Division, battlefield and God knows what else. H5 apparently has the best player retention of any Halo ever. But it has a sharp learning curve and no real instant gratification, where as in CoD you get rewarded for playing 1 game.
actually that was a strange analogy
Biig Me wrote:
CoD4 had the highest population out of all the Cods. That's saying something.

Not really. CoD doesn't really give you anything after 1 game.
l Jinxed I wrote:
For the record, for those saying Halo had to "evolve" to stay relevant, that's just not true. Look at CS:GO. Counter Strike hardly changed when that game came out, most things were the same, but it still has an amazing population.
It may not have had to evolve, but for me, I want a new game. I know nobody is saying to make a clone of the previous games, but I like change, I like new things and new experiences. I always figured new stuff was what everyone liked, guess not.
l Jinxed I wrote:
Biig Me wrote:

That's another thing. Why do people say that CoD is so bad? I can't understand how a bad game has such a crazy population.
Halo might have died in my eyes when they tricked us into buying this game without telling us they got rid of split screen, a key feature of halo that has been important for over the past 10 years.
l Jinxed I wrote:
Take away sprint, loadouts, and any other retarded COD-style additions they've made since Reach.

Halo 5 was the first Halo I didn't buy, and I've been playing since the CE days.
Loadouts are gone and sprint is balanced now. halo 5 is closer to halo 3 than halo 4 and reach.
That makes no sense. You can't say a game with sprint and other AA and ADS is closer to Halo 3 than Halo 4 or Reach.
Equal starts, teamwork to win, controlling the map to win. That is closer to H3 than create a class and the joke that was 4. Go look on archive of old Bungie forums during H3, there was a thread every day asking for sprint. And "ADS" is just how zoom looks now, it functions no different than zoom in other games other than it just looks nicer.
Biig Me wrote:
what do we have to do to end this "no other games when halo 3 came out" meme?

games of 2007 - cod4, bioshock, assassins creed, guitar hero, portal, mass effect. i'm sure there's more. and that's just for xbox.
l Jinxed I wrote:
Biig Me wrote:

That's another thing. Why do people say that CoD is so bad? I can't understand how a bad game has such a crazy population.
l Jinxed I wrote:
Biig Me wrote:

Personally I don't like the new once CoD 4 was good, MW2 was damn near perfect, MW3 was OK then they just kinda went downhill IMO.

And was CoD 4 the most popular? I feel like that would have been MW2
I don't like how people make posts like this, "Halo is dead!" "Its numbers aren't as high as Halo 3!" it's meaningless considering on how much 343i has tried and in my opinion succeeded, after the new forge where you can do so much more, new gameplay mechanics, and a new Warzone firefight kinda like they had in Halo: Reach, im excited for what's to come in the Halo series.
h1nt0n wrote:
Biig Me wrote:
what do we have to do to end this "no other games when halo 3 came out" meme?

games of 2007 - cod4, bioshock, assassins creed, guitar hero, portal, mass effect. i'm sure there's more. and that's just for xbox.
Fair enough, but it definitely had less completion. Bundle that in with the... Less than stellar sales of the Xbone
Halo might have died in my eyes when they tricked us into buying this game without telling us they got rid of split screen, a key feature of halo that has been important for over the past 10 years.
They did not trick you. That's information that's on the box, my friend.
Multiplayer is fun. Though they need in game spartan company integration. Lobby for co op. and whatever other bugs exist.
l Jinxed I wrote:
Biig Me wrote:

I don't really get this either. BO3 is a lot of fun, well zombies is anyway. Also it's fun to just mess around like hiding around the maps or trying to ninja defuse in SnD.
Biig Me wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:

Equal starts, teamwork to win, controlling the map to win. That is closer to H3 than create a class and the joke that was 4. Go look on archive of old Bungie forums during H3, there was a thread every day asking for sprint. And "ADS" is just how zoom looks now, it functions no different than zoom in other games other than it just looks nicer.
Ok? Halo Reach had the first 3. ADS in H5 lowers spread on automatics, and the pistol. It also takes up some of the screen since there is a gun in front of you when you scope in.
Why does everyone think it is a failure? Considering the install base of the Xbox One and vast amounts competition, I'd say Halo 5 is doing very well. Throw in the fact that H5 stole a lot of headlines with the HWC finals last Sunday ($2.5M pool for esports?) and, seemingly, hundreds of thousands of players continuing to get ranked in arena each season/month even 6 months after release***, I think retention and hype seems better than expected for an age when people seem to play a given game for about one month before moving on (example: I hear very little about Fallout anymore).

I am surprised people expect numbers to be the same as H3 when there wasn't much like it at the time (CoD was nowhere near as popular at the time, Destiny didn't exist, PC gaming/Steam were going through a slump, etc). I would guess 343 and Xbox didn't even expect to see player counts reaching H3 levels.

I guess all that matters is that I am really enjoying my time playing the game even if others are hating it.

*** Source for Ranking Numbers - https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/58b8518e005f432381ab99fbcaf931e0/topics/halo-5-csr-rank-distribution-breakdown/e0b97c07-6e33-452e-bd8f-5d6c57b69e63/posts
Voice of reason.
Agreed. This right here stinks of truth! I could smell the smarts from several threads away!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. ...
  9. 21