6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 21
It will. but it will take failure and lose many fans
l Jinxed I wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
Biig Me wrote:
There's a club in the middle of Manhattan that has the best DJ on the planet, the drinks are never watered down, the owner is a funny and sociable host, not a creepy coke addict, and the whole vibe is amazing. Two years ago you couldn't get into the place unless you were in a celebrity entourage. Now it's a ghost town. You know what changed? Not the club. In case I have to spell it out, the moral of the story is that Halo never left.
Wow that's a great analogy, H3 competed with CoD4 then a year later MW2, that was pretty much it. What does H5 go against, Destiny, Fallout 4, BO3, The Division, battlefield and God knows what else. H5 apparently has the best player retention of any Halo ever. But it has a sharp learning curve and no real instant gratification, where as in CoD you get rewarded for playing 1 game.
l Jinxed I wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
Biig Me wrote:
There's a club in the middle of Manhattan that has the best DJ on the planet, the drinks are never watered down, the owner is a funny and sociable host, not a creepy coke addict, and the whole vibe is amazing. Two years ago you couldn't get into the place unless you were in a celebrity entourage. Now it's a ghost town. You know what changed? Not the club. In case I have to spell it out, the moral of the story is that Halo never left.
Wow that's a great analogy, H3 competed with CoD4 then a year later MW2, that was pretty much it. What does H5 go against, Destiny, Fallout 4, BO3, The Division, battlefield and God knows what else. H5 apparently has the best player retention of any Halo ever. But it has a sharp learning curve and no real instant gratification, where as in CoD you get rewarded for playing 1 game.
CoD4 had the highest population out of all the Cods. That's saying something.

Not really. CoD doesn't really give you anything after 1 game.
That's another thing. Why do people say that CoD is so bad? I can't understand how a bad game has such a crazy population.
I don't really get this either. BO3 is a lot of fun, well zombies is anyway. Also it's fun to just mess around like hiding around the maps or trying to ninja defuse in SnD.
Biig Me wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
Take away sprint, loadouts, and any other retarded COD-style additions they've made since Reach.

Halo 5 was the first Halo I didn't buy, and I've been playing since the CE days.
Loadouts are gone and sprint is balanced now. halo 5 is closer to halo 3 than halo 4 and reach.
That makes no sense. You can't say a game with sprint and other AA and ADS is closer to Halo 3 than Halo 4 or Reach.
Equal starts, teamwork to win, controlling the map to win. That is closer to H3 than create a class and the joke that was 4. Go look on archive of old Bungie forums during H3, there was a thread every day asking for sprint. And "ADS" is just how zoom looks now, it functions no different than zoom in other games other than it just looks nicer.
Ok? Halo Reach had the first 3. ADS in H5 lowers spread on automatics, and the pistol. It also takes up some of the screen since there is a gun in front of you when you scope in.

I don't really get this either. BO3 is a lot of fun, well zombies is anyway. Also it's fun to just mess around like hiding around the maps or trying to ninja defuse in SnD.
Biig Me wrote:
l Jinxed I wrote:
Take away sprint, loadouts, and any other retarded COD-style additions they've made since Reach.

Halo 5 was the first Halo I didn't buy, and I've been playing since the CE days.
Loadouts are gone and sprint is balanced now. halo 5 is closer to halo 3 than halo 4 and reach.
That makes no sense. You can't say a game with sprint and other AA and ADS is closer to Halo 3 than Halo 4 or Reach.
Equal starts, teamwork to win, controlling the map to win. That is closer to H3 than create a class and the joke that was 4. Go look on archive of old Bungie forums during H3, there was a thread every day asking for sprint. And "ADS" is just how zoom looks now, it functions no different than zoom in other games other than it just looks nicer.
Ok? Halo Reach had the first 3. ADS in H5 lowers spread on automatics, and the pistol. It also takes up some of the screen since there is a gun in front of you when you scope in.
I don't think I'd count Reach in there, that was truly the downfall of Multi-player with different armor abilities, like super unbalanced sprint and armor lock. And then bloom.... God damn bloom was a fun killer for a lot of people, I mean Halos population hasn't recovered since 3. I think H5 is just a big step in the right direction with the even starts. And it's not like you have to ADS with every weapon, a magnum will still win against an AR at mid or longer range if the players are evenly matched everything is balanced really well in this game
I feel 343 has done a great job. They took halo to an even greater competitive game. Far better than games like cod. Halo is to us engaging captivating and etc. To come back would mean they had left and I'm not sure they've gone yet.
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
343 isn't going to go back to anything. They've created a pretty good game. Though a lot needs to be fixed/tweaked/added....
Then explain why it is the worst selling?
Because the Xbox one is still doing pretty average, it's got nowhere near the number of players the 360 did and now there are a lot more big games out there to choose from.
First of all: Bring back our splitscreen, that's a must have in a Halo Game.
And I'm pretty sad about taking out the plasma rifle since it was an original Halo weapon! But we always have to spawn with dual plasma rifle since the storm rifle is a bit faster to not effect the gameplay.
And since 343 added the CE Magnum they should add the CE Shotgun since it never seemed to run out.
The brute shot would be awesome in warzone to play.
So more old weapons (needle rifle, dual Brute plasma rifle, the Odst silence pistol, Spiker, Flamethrower, sentinal beam)

Also 343 have to add armor of all noble team members!
Since we have an assassination for Emile and noble magnum skin and noble assault rifle skin, we should also have the armour and the helmet then. (For every member: Carter's armour and helmet is already in the game, but we need the set of Jun, Emile, Kat, George, Noble Six, and the Noble six who was called Tom)
Infection would be nice too but not that -Yoink- halo 4 infection we want the classic halo infection.

More classic maps like zanzibar for arena.
I agree, some more of the old halo stuff would be awsome, loved the CE shotgun, could have hours of fun killing with it haha. I did like the halo 4 infection tho.
The main killer of it was that there wasn't any local multiplayer. That was the only reason many people played it, have some buds over and dominate because it was like having four eyes. It didn't matter if you screenwatched because your bros were OK with it.
What was the price the 360 originally.
Not with 343 in charge of development.
Sadly, this game is trash. It is extremely difficult to aim. It's like you are fighting the controller to get it to go where you want.

Most people won't play this game, not because it is an xbox exclusive, not because it is too competitive, and not because it is a niche game. The game is just bad.
Sadly, this game is trash. It is extremely difficult to aim. It's like you are fighting the controller to get it to go where you want.

Most people won't play this game, not because it is an xbox exclusive, not because it is too competitive, and not because it is a niche game. The game is just bad.
This
Well I really enjoy the game, however I don't think going back to the old games would increase the population. It would be a pretty good experiment though.
when did halo ever leave. It didn't. unless you lived under a rock. lol
I honestly gotta say i think 343 is doing a very good job with this halo. they added some very cool new things to halo 5 while keeping true to what halo players love. and they keep adding new content all the time. they are pleasing the needs of new players with new spartan abilities and a unique playing experience and also veterans of the series by bringing back classic maps, forge, classic guns ext. they are aslo adding the memories of reach dlc in the upcomming months along with warzone firefight which in my opinion reach was one of the best halo games to date gameplay wise. i think players have been awaiting the return of firefight and i think it will bring an increase in players back to the game. one game mode to mention that would bring halo back is infection. i myself didnt play alot of infection but people loved infection in halo 3 and reach it was one of the most populated lobbies in halo towards the later years of those games. Personally i want rocket race back as it was my alltime favorite game mode in halo 3. nothing was better landing a rocket right next to a teams mongoose and sending them flying across the map and if you were lucky off the map.
Halo might have died in my eyes when they tricked us into buying this game without telling us they got rid of split screen, a key feature of halo that has been important for over the past 10 years.
343i was pretty upfront prior to release about Halo 5 not having split screen. They certainly didn't trick anyone into buying the game under the guise of it having split-screen. If you made that assumption, regardless of if past Halo's have had it or not, you done goofed.
h1nt0n wrote:
Zancuran wrote:
Mr Sir 81 wrote:
343 isn't going to go back to anything. They've created a pretty good game. Though a lot needs to be fixed/tweaked/added....
Then explain why it is the worst selling?
Worst selling doesn't always mean bad. For a niche, it sold pretty well.
I agree, Halo 5 wasn't the most horrible game I played, it needs fixing. I think that people just didn't like the huge change.
Bros...

i thought it was bad when people were saying "top 10 is good enough" about halo. Now we're saying its sunk low enough to be called niche and thats cool?

never thought i'd see the day halo was called niche. maybe after halo 6 it'll be referred to as a cute little indie side project.
Mmmmk, I'm still waiting for someone to give a legit reason as to why I should care about its population, sales, popularity, rentention, ect ect. I've played h3 on 360 with only 300 people, I don't care if I'm playing vs the same people so long as it's fun and competitive, don't care about the sales, do I get any money from it? Popularity? Cool, it's being talked about like gossip as the best game ever! (Seriously, I don't care about the brand), retention goes with population although h5 has the second best rentention behind h3. I'm sorry if you guys look up so highly of a -Yoinking!- video game that we've gotta talk about this crap rather than the stuff that's actually in the game.......you know, cuz that stuff does effect us. Popularity? Ha! Sales? Ha! It seems no one talks -Yoink- on all the indie games sales and popularity, maybe cuz those gamers pay attention to what's actually in the game rather than trying to apply to be market man for gaming. I care about halo just as much as the next guy, but I have no reason to care about its decline so long as I'm still enjoying it, I've said if halo dies, oh well lol. Not even sports teams or artists can stay relevant forever. It's amazing how halo is to good for that apparently.

This
Have you tried fiddling with your settings? I had this problem then messed with them.....all of a sudden im going positive on my KDA. I'm not saying "GIT GOOD" but atleast try to have a little responsibility towards your own playstyle.
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Reading through the thread briefly I have to add my sixpence. It takes a braindead to not notice that Halo gameplay has changed. REQs, the way ranks work, how much easier it is to kill people, the new radARGH.. The latter three are definitely changes for the worse. IMO it's still the best shooter on the market, but not as good as it used to be. For me, Halo 3 and Reach are the pinnacle of the series in both multiplayer and single player aspects.

I have enjoyed Halo 5 though, big improvement over Halo 4. 343 have supported the game with regular and free DLC/updates, there is a tonne of customization features which is something I always like to see. They are bringing back firefight which is a good move.

I would like to see some community made maps included in matchmaking to flesh out the map rotation in various play lists.
Do not post spam.

Spoiler:
Show
Missing, more multiplayer maps and more variety of games modes as in previous deliveries. Could be improved Campaign :(
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 14
  4. 15
  5. 16
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. ...
  9. 21