OP GreatfulGert

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. ...
  7. 14
I'll remember it as being the first boring halo ever made. yep, this game will not be forgotten; 343 knows what they are doing...
Yes. There will be. Obviously if the community is this big that there are forums and reddits about Halo, plus more YouTubers then ever, yes.
I stopped reading when you mentioned angry joe... Okay not really, but seriously you shouldn't care about what people say about the game . I'm sure a lot of people ( including myself) will remember "the halo 5 days".
I mean, everybody says "Man, i friggin' miss the Halo 3 days!" "Oh, dude the Halo reach days were golden!" Only time will tell if this will be true for Halo 5: Guardians. But I have a feeling that it will not. My reasons? Keep reading. Some of my favorite memories (of my life) Happened in video games, and Halo 3-Reach was no exception. I remember splitscreening with my two brothers on The Pit, they both jumped in the air to Melee this enemy, he was 1-shot, and out of nowhere, like RKO, I sniped that mofo down. It's just not possible for something like this to happen in Halo 5, splitscreen is gone, the old, perfectly slow gameplay is gone (keep in mind, I still love Halo 5) I love Halo 5, but have you seen reviews such as the one by "Angry Joe"? He gave Halo 5 a FIVE OUT OF TEN, Halo is losing it's place as one of the best/most popular FPS games, and it deserves to keep it's crown. It's just very apparent that people are reacting negatively to the game. I love Halo, and I just want Halo 5 to be a game that my kid's will play, sort of like how kids nowadays say "wow, this game, Tram Crash Racing was awesome!" I want my kids to say "Man, Halo was such a great game!" Not "wow, this was excellent until (insert game here)" I just want this game to do well, the sales were poor, but the gameplay is great.

All in all, I love Halo, and if it dies soon, Halo 5 might have been the last nail in the coffin.
Anyhow, I am done with this thread, I've reported the trolls and jerks, so I'm done.
I will never miss the days that halo began to die as the community that was good( forge and custom game) was destroyed by 343i and the cancerous community of the smurfs flourished due to the incentive of Esports. Thanks 343 and to our pathetic community that have caused the downfall of halo
The gameplay in Halo 5 is insane. I love it. Of course the "Halo 5 days" will exist.
Gaming is going through a change especially in the FPS genre. The older generation of Halo Vets generally everyone born from the early 90s and before that are way different the the newcomers that either started with Halo 4 or 5. Myself being a vet since 11/15/01 when Halo CE came out when Iwas in 8th grade can see this myself. The newer generation cares more about fast run or sprinting gunplay with customization of there character or there gun while the older generation was perfectly fine with one standard model of there MP character or weapon there using we don't care what color are armor is or what color are pistol or BR or warthog is. We'd much rather have that time and work going into the campaign or new weapons, maps and game modes. So yeah to a lot of the older group it's hard for a majority of us to say remember the Halo 5 days.
DoorM4n wrote:
Halo 5 will go down as a half-rate halo game because it lacks split screen. There is nothing capable of redeeming their cutting the essential components out of a Halo game.

No Split Screen + No System Link Compatibility = Half-rate Halo
Oh my gosh...I have never read such a comment as wrong as this before.
I didn't have the halo four memories. I stopped after three but then I saw five and decided to give it the ol college try and found my self getting four snipes in a row.
never
I loved the days during halo 1 CE and it's multiplayer. Anyone remember the good old days when you select the teleportation map with all the portals and just demolish your friends with a shotgun and flamethrower? Or when in Reach that you could have absolute chaos by setting the jetpacks to unlimited and do air battles. Or even in H4 when playing spartan ops on legendary with all skulls on. Halo is one of my top multiplayer games but as the guy that made this forum topic said, halo is dying. I don't mean the multiplayer, I mean the campaign. The halo campaigns storyline was wounded in halo 4 and was hurt even more in halo 5. I don't care what other peoples opinions are, its true.
gethtones wrote:
I'll always remember the:
  • Sprint+Thrust+Slide+Jump+Stabilize+T-Bag+Ground Pound+Clamber thing just to get to one friggin' ledge.
  • The Jump+Thrust Back+Assassinate.
  • The Ground Pounding in Mid Air.
  • Getting Superfectas in Breakout.
  • Yelling at my friends while I'm dead in Breakout.
  • Spartan Charging Friends off spawn in Breakout.
  • Stealing Warden kills with one bullet.
  • Fighting along with Blue Team while "The Trials" is in the background.
  • Playing as Buck again.
  • Anxiously waiting at Gamestop and 2 hours for it to install.
  • Flipping crap over how awesome the cliffhanger was.
  • Co-Op Legendary.
  • Solo Legendary.
  • Finding Skulls.
  • Loving every piece of music that plays.
  • Holding a Mythic in Warzone for the first time.
  • Watching every video about Halo 5 before launch.
  • Losing sleep for repeating a new trailer every night.
  • Listening to Hunt the Truth.
  • Waiting for every Community Update for upcoming DLCs.
  • Hearing the Arbiter's voice again. And his battle screams for no reason, but hey who cares?
Halo is not dead or dying.
Or maybe the free monthly updates.
And not getting a full game at launch.
You seem confused. We're talking about the GOOD things halo 5 will be remembered for.
Honestly, there's a lot more good in Halo 5:Guardians than there is bad. Surely there are missing features, but it doesn't stop me from having fun. I'm sure 343 will learn from their mistakes and successes and put it to good use in Halo 6.
Yes. I agree. There's a lot going good for Halo 5. Although I do agree it doesn't do a good job being Halo multiplayer, it's still good multiplayer. As for giving you an enjoyable experience overall: YES. I will have memories of this game, like how I opened a Gold REQ pack while I typed this and got the Helljumper Helmet and Indomitable Armour. And a few packs ago, got full Wrath and the Intruder Helmet.
I miss launch already, there were so many players!

Can't find games in most playlists in Australia nowerdays :(

I miss H3 days, I even miss Reach days (not the armour abilities). I don't have any fond H4 memories. I don't have any fond MCC memories mainly because it was broken. I'm going to miss H5 days.
Thorulfr wrote:
I miss launch already, there were so many players!

Can't find games in most playlists in Australia nowerdays :(

I miss H3 days, I even miss Reach days (not the armour abilities). I don't have any fond H4 memories. I don't have any fond MCC memories mainly because it was broken. I'm going to miss H5 days.
I heard Australia has it pretty bad in general for games.
Halo 5 is the first time I had a real halo experience. I owned reach, 4 and MCC, but played mostly customs and minimal online ( I went about 6 and 30)
when halo 5 came around, I really got into the lore (currently beating every MCC campaign on legendary) and the multiplayer ( war zone is fire) And while I love accidentlly killing myself on boneyard in an infection custom game by setting speed of the infected to 300% and then using evade, I think I will always remember Halo 5 as the first halo game that I truly enjoyed.
forever missing h3

Uhm yes it is. Especially with 343i behind it.
i think halo 5 is a great game and it is. it is a great game, sure the first week of sales did horrible, but the more 343 adds to the game, the more people want the game and to play it. i think it won't be as good as Halo 3 and Reach, but the Forge is amazing as well. Halo 5 will never be the same as Halo 3 and Reach because Bungie no longer does the games. But 343 is keeping some of the old content as well as adding new stuff! so 343 good job! But, the game wasn't good when it first released. Now it is amazing! several of my friends are think of buying it now because of the new content that was added.
I'll always remember the:
  • Sprint+Thrust+Slide+Jump+Stabilize+T-Bag+Ground Pound+Clamber thing just to get to one friggin' ledge.
  • The Jump+Thrust Back+Assassinate.
  • The Ground Pounding in Mid Air.
  • Getting Superfectas in Breakout.
  • Yelling at my friends while I'm dead in Breakout.
  • Spartan Charging Friends off spawn in Breakout.
  • Stealing Warden kills with one bullet.
  • Fighting along with Blue Team while "The Trials" is in the background.
  • Playing as Buck again.
  • Anxiously waiting at Gamestop and 2 hours for it to install.
  • Flipping crap over how awesome the cliffhanger was.
  • Co-Op Legendary.
  • Solo Legendary.
  • Finding Skulls.
  • Loving every piece of music that plays.
  • Holding a Mythic in Warzone for the first time.
  • Watching every video about Halo 5 before launch.
  • Losing sleep for repeating a new trailer every night.
  • Listening to Hunt the Truth.
  • Waiting for every Community Update for upcoming DLCs.
  • Hearing the Arbiter's voice again. And his battle screams for no reason, but hey who cares?
  • Screwing around in Forge
  • Playing with ridiculous settings in Custom Games
  • Setting Speed,Jump Height,Boosts, and Gravity to maximum just to get out of BTB maps and see the new Forge Maps.
  • Screaming when I get something great out of a REQ pack
  • Crying for not having Helljumper... ;(
  • Watch everyone lose their crap in the Twitch chat for either the HCS, or DLC teasers/streams/trailers
  • Playing Custom Games on remade maps
  • As Arc Trooper 48 said, Sanghelios,Genesis,and Meridian
  • Best Co-Op since 3 and Reach due to different characters
  • Desperately looking to discover those pesky final intels laying around somewhere
  • Trying out every Campaign character just to see their HUDs
  • Looking around in the Campaign for Warzone Weapons
  • Boss Battles returning
  • Getting mad at my friend DemonKiller1OO for getting Mark IV armor out of his very first Gold REQ Pack. (Was Level 12 at the time)
  • Grabbing an Energy Sword and see how many laps I can make on Raid on Apex 7
  • Getting the "Flyin' High" medal all the time in Warzone because of a Man Cannon
  • Kicking a Grunt off of a ledge just for a Skull
  • Watching "The Sprint' over and over, slower and slower, just to get sneak peeks of what to expect.
  • Having the whole team stand on the Weapon Pad for the Power Weapon, and winning (then getting betrayed)
  • Dying because of looking at the Skyboxes
  • The Flying Grunt at the main menu
  • Hearing the Gregorian Chants again
  • Seeing the first Spartan vs. Spartan battle (in a video game and story wise)
  • That shock and awe feeling of witnessing Guardians rising for the first time
  • Finally wearing Helioskrill after hard work (I mean goofing off in MCC)
  • Laughing at the "Halo:Live" Trailers
  • Watching "Halo:Nightfall" just for the armor, but actually somewhat liking it (the movie)
  • Watching "The Fall of Reach: Animated"
  • Flipping tables over the "Memories of Reach" teaser
  • Playing fun Custom Games with friends and randoms
  • Listening to Halo 5's soundtrack on Soundcloud over and over, when it was released early
  • Watching speculations and theories over trailers and Hunt the Truth
  • Watching early gameplay from people at conventions
  • Being surprised that Halo 5 was showed off first at E3 2015
  • Inspecting (Okay, maybe T-Bagging) a Spartan's body that you just killed because he/she was wearing full Achilles
You made me cry bro, damn ...
Yes I really think halo 5 can have its day and to be honest I think the days are happening already lol and they still keep going
I think the halo military clan community brings out the big fun in things lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. ...
  7. 14