Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Will you play Halo 5 after Infinite?

OP cojo09 2

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I will just due to the fact I enjoy the multiplayer, but I am curious.
If the multi-player doesn't feel fun I'll more than likely come right back. I'm hoping that doesn't happen.
I get the feeling 343 are trying to target halo "traditionalists" with infinite, if it feels like a step backwards I'll be returning to 5 after a while.
I probably won’t come back to Halo 5 when Infinite Launches,
I'll be uninstalling it to make room for Infinite.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I'll be uninstalling it to make room for Infinite.
Are you going to try to get it for Xbox One?
Phannybaws wrote:
I get the feeling 343 are trying to target halo "traditionalists" with infinite, if it feels like a step backwards I'll be returning to 5 after a while.
well they failed at that already, smh
The (CE) Anniversary Throwback playlist will always have me returning to Halo 5: Guardians when it rotates in as the featured playlist.
eLantern wrote:
The (CE) Anniversary Throwback playlist will always have me returning to Halo 5: Guardians when it rotates in as the featured playlist.
Thats a really good playlist IMO. I really wish they did it more
I honestly dont think I'll pick up H5 ever again after I hit sr152. I got all the achievements and nothing in H5 really stuck out for me. If anything I'm more likely to play MCC before/after Infinite's release than H5.

I enjoy/enjoyed the multiplayer in H5 but I'm more focused on campaigns for replay-ability and the story in H5 in my opinion absolutely sucked. Legit the only takeaway I got from it was the rise of 'The Created'. Just felt like you were jumping around from character to character within the story just to do it. The marketing for the story compared to the product received was borderline a misinterpretation.

Also I think assuming that Halo is going back to a more 'traditional' style of gameplay is a HUGE misinterpretation of what has been shown thus far. I would say it is more closely relatable to the Reclaimer era than anything in the traditionalists era of Halo gameplay wise.
I honestly dont think I'll pick up H5 ever again after I hit sr152. I got all the achievements and nothing in H5 really stuck out for me. If anything I'm more likely to play MCC before/after Infinite's release than H5.

I enjoy/enjoyed the multiplayer in H5 but I'm more focused on campaigns for replay-ability and the story in H5 in my opinion absolutely sucked. Legit the only takeaway I got from it was the rise of 'The Created'. Just felt like you were jumping around from character to character within the story just to do it. The marketing for the story compared to the product received was borderline a misinterpretation.

Also I think assuming that Halo is going back to a more 'traditional' style of gameplay is a HUGE misinterpretation of what has been shown thus far. I would say it is more closely relatable to the Reclaimer era than anything in the traditionalists era of Halo gameplay wise.
I think they meant that even though it has things like Sprint, they might not go full mobility this time around. Id be shocked if they brought back Dashing and Spartan Strike.
cojo09 2 wrote:

I think they meant that even though it has things like Sprint, they might not go full mobility this time around. Id be shocked if they brought back Dashing and Spartan Strike.
I kind of liked the thruster ability but I agree that it doesnt appear ground pound or the spartan charge will be back. They seemed to have slowed down the sprint but slide and clamber I believe are still present. Hoepfully we will get another update either tomorrow or next thursday with more Infinite news.
cojo09 2 wrote:

I kind of liked the thruster ability but I agree that it doesnt appear ground pound or the spartan charge will be back. They seemed to have slowed down the sprint but slide and clamber I believe are still present. Hoepfully we will get another update either tomorrow or next thursday with more Infinite news.
Whats going on thursdays? Are they releasing blogs?
cojo09 2 wrote:
cojo09 2 wrote:

Whats going on thursdays? Are they releasing blogs?
Normally 'News' drops happen on Tuesdays or Thursdays around 7PM EST.
For me it depends on too many variables for me to answer definitively right now. Depending on where I'm at with the 152 grind, I might stick it out. Depending on how close I am the few commendations I have left, I'll stick around, and same with the Achilles helmet grind for our company... It also depends on what they end up doing with Xbox One compatibility and what I may or may not miss out on if it stays compatible (I have the Call of Duty Xbox and I'm pretty sure it's a Gen 1). Before everyone starts speculating and digging out their PHDs in Halo. All they've confirmed is that it'll run on both the Xbox One, and series X/S... they haven't release any details at all yet (shame on your 343), and these details will shape what I end up doing...

So all in all... who knows what I'll do... depends on a lot of things...
That depends on how good the multiplayer is. Seeing how Halo 5 was handled I'm not holding my breath. If Infinite's Forge and firefight aren't better than Halo 5 then I'll absolutely return to 5.
Yeah, I agree with most people here on that it depends on how good the multiplayer is. If I do end up disliking the infinite multiplayer, I'll probably go to h5 to finish all the commendations (which I most likely won't finish before the release), wait around until 343 has improved the game, and then continue playing. But it's not like I would ever completely abandon Infinite - it'll be the current halo game for the next ten years, after all.
cojo09 2 wrote:
Are you going to try to get it for Xbox One?
Yes for now unless I get a next gen console in the coming months.
Nope, I have very little reason to.
I’ve got 152, I’ve got all the achievements, I’ve got Achilles. Halo 5 is done in my eyes, there is nothing more to be seen.
We would of also been playing this game for 6 years by the time Infinite releases. I don’t need to spend more time playing it.

Even if Infinite doesn’t live up to whatever expectations people have for it I’ll still play it. Halo is much more about the community for me. I just want to play the game with my friends and have fun.
If we can still farm out the 152 coating post launch then yes I will be. If not, then maybe if infinite sucks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3