Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Wish halo was more solo player friendly

OP MomsSpaghetttti

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
More people would stay in games if every single lobby did not have a smurf and boosters. Solo playing would not be bad. Its not even 343's fault. Its the players who ruin it and blame 343. They fill lobbies with fake low ranked smurfs to boost their friends rank or just to get insane amounts of kills. They should just go into social on their regular accounts, then again theres also people on smurfs in social for some reason.
imo its not the fireteam vs solos matchmaking that is the issue. it is all the people who realistically arent good at the game playing ranked matches to begin with and then the terrible matchmaking system pairing them with better players because in reality there arent enough people playing anymore for the system to work properly. I play solo every game unless a friend of mine hops and i have no trouble going against fireteams by myself but cant carry people who are plat or onyx going 4/13.

The whole crux of the problem is 343 trying to cater to those with no skill by not making them feel bad when these people need to learn the game is a competitive multiplayer. I dont buy madden or nba games because i suck at those and hate playing them but people want to try and make halo this fun for all who cares if you went 0/20 you had fun dying over and over wasting time. There is a reason everyone calls this the worst halo ever, and its not even about the microtransactions. This entire game feels like one giant attempt at equalizing something that cant be equalized....natural ability
Wow. So should there be a test or something to determine who gets to play ranked Halo? Maybe I'm not qualified. Wish I'd have known I could have saved $59.99 lol.
I've played hundreds of games solo and perhaps ten with friends, everyone I know plays Destiny, Minecraft or Battlefield. I play mostly BTB, Warzone, Warzone Assault, SWAT, Extermination and Team Slayer. And honestly, I've almost never found myself in a game where I get roflstomped by a coordinated team. It's honestly basically never happened, like five to ten games stand out. I do just fine on my own, but I guess if it's a problem for other players than I'd rather have it fixed for their sake.
One thing halo 5 lacks is the ability to make solo playing enjoyable. There is really only 1 playlist for solo players and that's free for all. Which has its own issues to begin with. Most games I play free for all at least 1-2 people quit early so you spend the rest of the game wandering the map and rarely find anyone. But that's a different topic. Basically if you want to solo queue halo 5 you are screwed. The matchmaking is so bad you almost always match against higher ranked full teams. I played 7 straight ranked slayer games on my other account and it was 3v4 every game from the beginning. I always have team mates drop. I wish there was an option for players like me who just want to hop on and play 5-6 quick games and not have to worry about playing against full Squads each game while my matched team is a bunch of solos without mics and someone on my team quitting. Also the servers have been extremely bad for me the last 5 weeks which adds to the frustration. I think the entire matchmaking system is a mess. I'm a legit low level platinum and I play onyx almost every game yet my team and I Are all platinum ranks. Of course we get destroyed. Or we start out down 5 kills quick and then someone quits and I get to enjoy another 3v4 2v4 situation.
The problem is they don't have an option to match random with random and teams vs teams
As a solo player, I don't really run into the team issue. My biggest problem is someone quitting on my team which renders the rest of the match unenjoyable. 3v4 isn't too bad, but when I'm in a game where all of a sudden it drops to 2v4, that's when I regret jumping into ranked.
You kinda get punished for playing alone. But it has it ups and downs. I usually solo queue and have fun at times but I also get a bit tilted. I just wish there was some way for us solo ppl to be able to match other ppl solo queuing, tired of matching teams while alone
Six out of my nine games tonight were against full parties in the BTB playlist. No surprise that my team lost all of them, but everything's fine and working as intended. Nothing to see here..
I disagree. As a primarily solo player, I have enjoyed H5 very much, If I want to relax there is WZF. I do not care for FFA, it seems very boring, matches take too long. I will sometimes ignore fireteam requests to continue being solo. There are definite disadvantages, don't get me wrong, but it has not impacted my satisfaction with the game.
I agree, I feel goong solo isn't that bad if you know what playlists to play. Plus Warzone has been so much better with the 6-man limit. My main playlist is Super Fiesta, it has a lot of luck involved, skill won't win you every match.
I primarily play solo and am having a blast with H5. Swat and WZ assault are what I stick with lately.
This game is so -Yoinking!- frustrating for me as a meh Gold solo player. I just got out of a WZ where the enemy team had 2 banshees and a wasp on the field by the 3 minute mark, then 15 mins into the game I'm still stuck on REQ level 4. This kind of one-sided landslide -Yoink- whooping is the norm for me in WZ and it is infuriating. Arena and WZFF are about the only place I have even a chance of a fair or fun match it would seem, and with the rampant quitting at Gold level even ranked playlists have the potential to be horrific. I would enjoy this game a lot if the matchmaking were even just decent but in my experience it has been pretty poor.
You kinda get punished for playing alone. But it has it ups and downs. I usually solo queue and have fun at times but I also get a bit tilted. I just wish there was some way for us solo ppl to be able to match other ppl solo queuing, tired of matching teams while alone
The ironic thing about that is they made this halo seem so much more about "teamwork" and then remove splitscreen from the game as if thats going to get the guest players to buy halo when they wouldnt in the first place.

No other halo has ever had as much reliance on team play and yet its not even really about fireteam vs solo. Its terrible matchmaking regardless. Every other halo has had groups of 4 or 5 players in the same party going into BTB or slayer and its never been unbalanced because they paired everyone by skill not what imafinary rank u got in the first two days of a new season that u cant derank on because 343 decidec to ruin their latest iteration.
Solo player here and it does get frustrating often. Only made it to Platinum a few times but always end back up in Gold. Played some good matches yesterday but ended up dropping multiple ranks. People leaving or connection issues or going against full teams. Not much I can do about that.

I stick almost exclusively to Team Arena as I enjoy the objective game modes the most. Making it harder for myself but still enjoy it :)
as a solo player I have mainly given up on all modes except btb and sometimes warzone, its quite fun but I used to play every day and now am luck if I get on once a week because of my exams coming up so when I do jump on I enjoy it more as I haven't played for a while
The main issue is that 343 has no idea how match players correctly. Teams should always face teams. I mainly play solo or with a buddy and the amount of times we match teams while we get the worst randoms is astonishing.

All they have to is have party matching across the board. This was never an issue in the classic games. When 12 man teams matched in wz it was sad how they steamrolled randoms 90% of the time. Most of them hated not having g a challenge and ending games in 2 minutes. A lot of players also liked the unfair matching because stating on randoms is more fun to them than trying in a fair match.

I'm just hoping that this is fixed for h6. I know h5 is of the table but for the love of god please fix matchmaking. Imagine teams facing teams and solos playing solos, a perfect world. Also the part about a team matching ppl of equal skill means nothing majority of the time when the team had communication which is also a huh matching issue too.
The ironic thing about that is they made this halo seem so much more about "teamwork" and then remove splitscreen from the game as if thats going to get the guest players to buy halo when they wouldnt in the first place.

No other halo has ever had as much reliance on team play and yet its not even really about fireteam vs solo. Its terrible matchmaking regardless. Every other halo has had groups of 4 or 5 players in the same party going into BTB or slayer and its never been unbalanced because they paired everyone by skill not what imafinary rank u got in the first two days of a new season that u cant derank on because 343 decidec to ruin their latest iteration.
Someone who actually knows what their talking about. Nice to meet cha enlightened one.
What sucks is when a fireteam of 3 can't get a match because there are no solo-queuers to bolster the numbers. Oh, wait. That never happens because there are plenty of players solo-queuing because they enjoy playing Halo. If it's such a big deal for you that Halo's MM is screwed when CoD can manage to do it so much better, go play CoD and quit whining.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2