Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

With Legendary FF gone, remove skulls from Mythic?

OP AnthonyDemiurge

Now Legendary FF has been removed, and those players have to pick between Mythic and Heroic, why not remove the skulls ie no shield recharge, beserk and so on? I could deal with the increase in difficulty i just really dislike the skulls thing. What are other people's thoughts, do mythic players like the skulls thing? Would this not be a better compromise if Legendary isn't coming back? We end up with a cross between mythic and legendary sorta thing, that may appeal to both sets of people more than what we currently have? Just my 2 cents
The skulls are the only thing that differentiate Mythic from Legendary, so removing them would turn Mythic into Legendary.
Legendary wasn't that much harder than heroic FF. Removing Legendary and making Mythic permanent is a good compromise. If you don't like the difficulty, you can play heroic which now has the same payout as legendary.
I just won my 1st mythic, finishing 2nd. Took me 5 or 6 attempts. But that's not true about the skulls being the only thing thats different, the health of enemies is highe, they do more damage and have more damage resistance on Mythic compared to Legendary. Surely that's enough?
I just won my 1st mythic, finishing 2nd. Took me 5 or 6 attempts. But that's not true about the skulls being the only thing thats different, the health of enemies is highe, they do more damage and have more damage resistance on Mythic compared to Legendary. Surely that's enough?
Honestly Mythic isn’t all that hard if you have some sensible people on a team.
I can pretty consistently win matches without a sweat.

Mythic is a double XP playlist & rewards the most XP per match than any other mode. If people want that. mass XP they’ve gotta work for it.

It’s all practice, get yourself in a vehicle and mythic is a blast.
The skulls literally apply those differences

Tough Luck - Enemies dodges more
Blackeye - Punch to regain shields
Thunderstorm - Enemies ranks are upgraded (which results in higher health, higher damage output, and greater damage resistance)
Catch - Enemies throw more nades
Mythic - DOUBLE ENEMY HEALTH (Maybe higher resistance as well can't say for sure)

It could be possible the base experience might have slightly tuned damage and resistance, but without the skulls it would be more or less the same as legendary.
Hmm, won 2 in a row now. Maybe this was just a case of matchmaking catching up to the fact that i am not superman on Mythic. I could be on Legendary if it was necessary for the team win. It wasn't uncommon for me to do more damage than 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th added together if that what was necessary to get the team over the winning line. On mythic i need better or more experienced players on this mode to lead. I can't do it alone. Yet
Anyone who plays Mythic want to invite me to back u up. I was a pretty good legendary player, I'm trying to adapt to mythic, Heroic is pointless to me. I regularly used to string 20+ consecutive wins together on Legendary with no teams, squads or frendlies of any kind. All randoms, no quits. But not only can i not flex like that, I'm struggling a bit to adapt here. I'm still finishing top half every game, but my win ratio is low so far on Mythic
Anyone who plays Mythic want to invite me to back u up. I was a pretty good legendary player, I'm trying to adapt to mythic, Heroic is pointless to me. I regularly used to string 20+ consecutive wins together on Legendary with no teams, squads or frendlies of any kind. All randoms, no quits. But not only can i not flex like that, I'm struggling a bit to adapt here. I'm still finishing top half every game, but my win ratio is low so far on Mythic
Having a coordinated team of 3 or 4 will let you win almost every match.
tuhin94 wrote:
I now got my 1st win with 1st place too on Mythic, with just 4 deaths my lowest yet. I am adapting pretty rapidly, I'd still love someone who knows Mythic to help guide me through
Black eye is fairly annoying especially when the enemy sponges damage.
tuhin94 wrote:
I now got my 1st win with 1st place too on Mythic, with just 4 deaths my lowest yet. I am adapting pretty rapidly, I'd still love someone who knows Mythic to help guide me through
Yeah for sure. Feel free to invite me if you see me online and I’ll do the same. Just have to play smart - stay far away, use vehicles, etc. If you are placing top 2 or even 3, you are playing well already.
Mythic would be much better if they removed the shield recharge skull. So many enemies spawn kill you or sneeze near you with a grenade and you instantly die. The other difficulty increases feel fair.
SirFoxUwU wrote:
Mythic would be much better if they removed the shield recharge skull. So many enemies spawn kill you or sneeze near you with a grenade and you instantly die. The other difficulty increases feel fair.
I agree, Black eye is what makes it hard for me.
The bullet magnetism is also extremely unrealistic. Their bullets curve and reach in ways that ruin the mode