Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Worst teams ever in ranked slayer

OP TheJoJoestar

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Why do i always get the worst players in my team? I'm always on the top and actually doing something but my teammates aren't, It's so pathetic.
-Yoink- like this happens all the time, but you'll probably have to deal with it. Personally speaking, I try to compensate for my team's shortcomings and get as many kills (or do as much damage) as possible. There was a time where I had to carry my whole team in Elimination on one of the classic Breakout maps and we won.
Probably because you're always the best player according to you. If the system is working correctly though, both teams' skill should even out to create a match where each team has a decent chance of winning. As always though, if you don't want random results, play with a party.
You know people can see your game history right? If you're going to make outlandish claims you might want to remember how easy it is to fact check them.
Play with 4s.... I dont touch ranked unless i have a full squad
I decided to look at your last ten Slayer games and your claim that you're always on top and have the worst teammates is not accurate at all. You were only the best player on your team 3 times with one tie for first and you had the most deaths or second most deaths for 6 games with one tie. Not trying to flame, but just disputing your claim.

Out of those 10 games, only 3 had a kill difference of more than 15 kills, one had 13 kills and the rest were below 10 kills. That tells me the game is doing a decent job with matching closely skilled games.
I have some bad teammates but I also can be a bad teammate. I'd say that if you find you consistently have bad teammates, either play with a party or consider that it's you that's the bad teammate.
Find a team to search with.
Not going to bother checking your recent games, but I'd say run with a team if you're concerned with how poorly your team mates are or will be.
I have been the carrier and the backpack many times. Although typically, if I start a game and I'm like 1-7 and it's close, I'll make an effort to backup the one or two good players on my team and minimize my deaths. I figure if I can stop screwing up my team will have a good chance of winning.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I decided to look at your last ten Slayer games and your claim that you're always on top and have the worst teammates is not accurate at all. You were only the best player on your team 3 times with one tie for first and you had the most deaths or second most deaths for 6 games with one tie. Not trying to flame, but just disputing your claim.

Out of those 10 games, only 3 had a kill difference of more than 15 kills, one had 13 kills and the rest were below 10 kills. That tells me the game is doing a decent job with matching closely skilled games.
Doesn't change anything, I'm mostly the second best and sometimes first, and my KD is -0.3 which isn't even bad, 222 kills and 272 deaths.
The truth is that there are seriously bad players in halo 5 and i get teamed up with them.
Doesn't change anything, I'm mostly the second best and sometimes first, and my KD is -0.3 which isn't even bad, 222 kills and 272 deaths.
The truth is that there are seriously bad players in halo 5 and i get teamed up with them.
It does change things. If you're getting the most or second most deaths in the majority of your games like I previously mentioned, then you're actually hurting your team when you don't go positive and you aren't the best player like you claim. I'm not saying you don't get worse teammates, but you aren't exactly the best all the time either.

I also looked at your last twenty Slayer games and only seven of them were outside of a ten kill difference. That means that more than half of your games were evenly matched even with terrible teammates. That's something you should think about more.
It wouldn't be halo 5 without it's usual frustrating matches. Pretty normal. You can team up with others. Doesn't really mean you'll win obviously though.
the matching system is having some issues I think at the moment. I win a majority of my matches but still derank due to the new improved system. At this point you just have to wait until everyone's ranks get fixed or adjusted in order to get fair matches. Also keep in mind that sometimes decent or average players just have bad games. it happens. I usually do pretty well, but sometimes I just cant finish kills, land shots or position properly.
LUKEPOWA wrote:

Doesn't change anything, I'm mostly the second best and sometimes first, and my KD is -0.3 which isn't even bad, 222 kills and 272 deaths.The truth is that there are seriously bad players in halo 5 and i get teamed up with them.
That is pretty bad though... You have contributed 50 more kills to the enemy team than you have to your own team overall. You really have no ground to complain.
Why do i always get the worst players in my team? I'm always on the top and actually doing something but my teammates aren't, It's so pathetic.
Game history says otherwise. You's be lyin' to us?
NightClerk wrote:
Where are the players like you...

I can certainly understand that not everyone can do well in every game or if you are put into an unfair scenario in which the opponents are way better. But then come the people who still insist on rushing to die and grabbing weapons and power ups just to waste them. How hard is it to play more passively and at least stop dying or better yet support the good players in your team.

It's nice to see other people with some common sense here.
this isn't in halo 5, but in reach, i once dropped 63 kills, and probably about 20 deaths in BTB and my team still lost
NightClerk wrote:
Where are the players like you...

I can certainly understand that not everyone can do well in every game or if you are put into an unfair scenario in which the opponents are way better. But then come the people who still insist on rushing to die and grabbing weapons and power ups just to waste them. How hard is it to play more passively and at least stop dying or better yet support the good players in your team.

It's nice to see other people with some common sense here.
Thanks! Interestingly enough, I find that games where I start out cold (0-5, 1-7, etc.) then switch to more of a support role, I sometimes end up finishing with quite a few kills and only a few additional deaths. Sometimes the saying, "slow is smooth, smooth is fast" really is true.
If you solo queue, this will happen, that's part of it. Regardless of the game no ranking system is perfect(look at how easy it is to cheeseball your way to onyx in swat), and there is always a chance that players are going to be ranked higher than their actual skill level. People get carried all the time by their 4 stack, then jump in and try to solo queue and end up being complete garbage. It is what it is man. My advice is either find a team to scrim with or realize that rank actually doesn't matter and focus on skill instead.

Rank is meaningless. It's just a visual representation of ELO, which in itself is just as much a measure of favorable circumstances as it is winning percentage and K/d.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2