Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Worst Weapon Req(s) in the game

OP Nozdurmo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The Spitfire is just terrible. Why would I try to actually kill with the plasma pistol instead of emp them? You could say the commendation, but the voids tear is more effective at that.
Yeah
oh boy I would be here all day saying which ones are the worst and why I hate them but honestly, this is the worst one:

Rocket launcher.

No I'm not kidding, you only get 4 shots, the chances of getting a double kill are slim since the majority of every map is too open to land a multikill. You could defend your spire or armory but again, you only have two shots, the reload time will kill you unless you have reflex or speed boost. The best part is that this thing is useless to scorpions and wraiths. All 4 shots will not kill the tanks. I never tried it on ghosts or mongooses or warthogs.

Some people may think otherwise but I have 30 of them sitting in my collection.

The other weapon is spartan laser where I get little to none in my packs and to top that off they kill only when they feel like it. Seriously this thing needs to be 100% hit on impact, none of this rapid dmg overtime.
Yeah the spartan laser is very weird. I got one of my kills the other day when I didn't use a laser in that game! But it showed up afterwards on my commendations... very weird indeed.
You might have damaged a vehicle that was destroyed by a Spartan laser. In some situations, you end up with the kill from the perspective of your teammate's weapon that assisted. You can almost guarantee this if you SMG a vehicle that's being destroyed by a teammate
Quote:
The Oni Mantis has to be the most overrated vehicle in the game, as it just fires crappy bullets without the explosive rounds the Oni Warthog has! Sure, the missiles lock on, but I'd like a powerful gun too. And anyone can disable you with a plasma pistol and then jump on it and blow it up.
I'm sorry but the ONI Mantis locking missiles can lock on to 3 or 4 people at the same time and send a separate rocket to each person. That's crazy. I think the ONI mantis is fine. You have to play Mantis defensively, and there are still ways to defend yourself against Plasma overcharge (rockets)
Quote:
The gauss turret sucks, I spawned one of these and spent 5 minutes slowly plodding to the spire. Before I'd fired a shot, someone sniped me. Complete waste of time. Tried it another time, thought it might be good against Warden Eternal. Lol no, I just wasted the ammo and hardly did any damage. Far better to go for a gauss warthog as it has infinite ammo and can move with speed. The turret is a complete waste of time imo, might be useful for base defence only.
This thing is a Gauss hog in your hand, you can easily get a kill with every bullet in the pack. Of course walking to the SPIRE, the ultimate defense node of Warzone, is going to get you killed.
The Hydra and Boltshot are great weapons! The worst is the plasma caster imo
Exenius wrote:
Bito Tx wrote:
Boltshots are the worst
It's a 5-shot weapon with tracking rounds which costs little req energy. Very far from the worst.
Yeah I agree. I'd take a boltshot off the ground any day.
yeah, if any, bolts should be a higher req because its easy to kill on a 1v1, maybe even a 2v1
Pretty much any Mantis variant, any Fuel Rod variant, and any Spartan Laser variant.
The Spitfire is just terrible. Why would I try to actually kill with the plasma pistol instead of emp them? You could say the commendation, but the voids tear is more effective at that.
Plasma pistols don't have commendations.
lasers are the worst
For me, any of the guns that have to charge up to fire I'm bad at ex. Splaser, Railgun. My target is always moving around, and it's difficult for me to actually hit them. Vehicles are much easier to hit, but I still miss them.
The worst req in my opinion is the rain of oblivion. I was so exited for that weapon because I've always wanted to see the max fire rate of the carbine and what it could do. Unfortunately, it was barely faster than the normal carbine with a quick tiger finger. What it was doe was an uncontrollable spray machine with crazy recoil.
Pretty much any Mantis variant, any Fuel Rod variant, and any Spartan Laser variant.
Why does everybody hate the mantis? In my opinion it's more powered than everything but the tank (#TankBeatsEverything), the banshee and just maybe a phaeton. I usualy get 10-15 kills/mantis.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

I agree every laser
-Yoinking!- pool of radiance, words cannot describe how much I despise that piece of -Yoink-. It is an ultra rare fuel rod that doesn't -Yoinking!- kill people, what the hell! The -Yoinking!- thing sucks so much. Worst weapon in halo history, by far
For me, any of the guns that have to charge up to fire I'm bad at ex. Splaser, Railgun. My target is always moving around, and it's difficult for me to actually hit them. Vehicles are much easier to hit, but I still miss them.
I love the Railgun, it's much easier for me to get kills with it than H4's Railgun. Probably cause the H5 Railgun is hitscan. I do agree about the Splaser, it now absolutely sucks.
Twin Jewels of Maethrillian. It is so inaccurate especially at longer ranges. It seems like it hits everything EXCEPT what I'm aiming for. It shoots 2 beams side by side that spread apart over distance. At long ranges, both beams do not land anywhere in the reticle. If you're aiming at a Spartans head, you'll probably hit him in both shoulders or not hit him at all.
Das FPS wrote:
And also the Hydra. I mean seriously. Its bad.
only good when not Dec scope and locks on a target other wise its bad.
The Carbine, honestly I'm not even sure why this is classified as a power weapon.
oh boy I would be here all day saying which ones are the worst and why I hate them but honestly, this is the worst one:

Rocket launcher.

No I'm not kidding, you only get 4 shots, the chances of getting a double kill are slim since the majority of every map is too open to land a multikill. You could defend your spire or armory but again, you only have two shots, the reload time will kill you unless you have reflex or speed boost. The best part is that this thing is useless to scorpions and wraiths. All 4 shots will not kill the tanks. I never tried it on ghosts or mongooses or warthogs.

Some people may think otherwise but I have 30 of them sitting in my collection.

The other weapon is spartan laser where I get little to none in my packs and to top that off they kill only when they feel like it. Seriously this thing needs to be 100% hit on impact, none of this rapid dmg overtime.
Yeah the spartan laser is very weird. I got one of my kills the other day when I didn't use a laser in that game! But it showed up afterwards on my commendations... very weird indeed.
You might have damaged a vehicle that was destroyed by a Spartan laser. In some situations, you end up with the kill from the perspective of your teammate's weapon that assisted. You can almost guarantee this if you SMG a vehicle that's being destroyed by a teammate
Quote:
The Oni Mantis has to be the most overrated vehicle in the game, as it just fires crappy bullets without the explosive rounds the Oni Warthog has! Sure, the missiles lock on, but I'd like a powerful gun too. And anyone can disable you with a plasma pistol and then jump on it and blow it up.
I'm sorry but the ONI Mantis locking missiles can lock on to 3 or 4 people at the same time and send a separate rocket to each person. That's crazy. I think the ONI mantis is fine. You have to play Mantis defensively, and there are still ways to defend yourself against Plasma overcharge (rockets)
Quote:
The gauss turret sucks, I spawned one of these and spent 5 minutes slowly plodding to the spire. Before I'd fired a shot, someone sniped me. Complete waste of time. Tried it another time, thought it might be good against Warden Eternal. Lol no, I just wasted the ammo and hardly did any damage. Far better to go for a gauss warthog as it has infinite ammo and can move with speed. The turret is a complete waste of time imo, might be useful for base defence only.
This thing is a Gauss hog in your hand, you can easily get a kill with every bullet in the pack. Of course walking to the SPIRE, the ultimate defense node of Warzone, is going to get you killed.
That would make sense about the laser.

I already said I like the ONI Mantis missiles, just not the gun. It's an underpowered pea shooter. And you didn't address the fact that it's so easily taken down. "Play defensively" - lol you can't dodge a plasma burst.

As for the ONI turret, again thanks for the advice but you missed the part where I said that it may be a good defensive weapon. And you also failed to notice the part where I said that it offers no advantage over an ONI Warthog. The Warthog is far more mobile and has infinite ammo, why would I want to use an ONI turret ever?
Oh man, the railgun is literally my fav gun ever. I would take that over any other gun in any halo game.
I found this blaaze of glory the best
Absolute beast, that and the whiplash and the best bang for your buck weapons
Why so much laser hate? They're great I reckon.

I would say the 'worst' is the Binary Rifle. 2 'bullets' in clip and a crappy stock of ammo anyway, you have to track your target to maintain damage which makes it disgusting at close to medium range, terrible hip fire, giant 'LOOK GUYS I AM HERE' laser whenever you aim down the sights (which is always). Pretty much only good for very accurate players, but even then, does not offer enough versatility to make it worthwhile. To top it off, can only be obtained in gold packs because it's an Ultra Rare REQ, for some reason. The Binary Rifle in H5 is nothing like the god-tier version in H4.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3