Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Would you buy an Xbox ONE for Halo 5: Gaurdians?

OP LbonB312

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Specifically looking at the game itself, would you say the amount of content and the way it's presented and played makes an Xbox console purchase worth it? I'm just curious.
Absolutely not. The games life is near done and there's newer games that would make it more worth it. Not to mention they can't get 60fps to be consistent so I doubt the 4k will be any different, I mean people have been pushing 4k for years to begin with but very few can even make it work, if certain PCs have issues there's no way I'm counting on a console to be any better.
I would never buy an Xbox for just one game.
For solely halo 5 no. With halo 5 and other games yes. It just depends on the type of games you enjoy single players play once or online if online then it doesn't matter which console but xbox does have halo for single players PlayStation has better exclusives for that type of stuff
I bought my Xbox one for MCC and H5. In fact the only reason I am on Xbox is due to Halo. It really boils down to how much of a Halo fan you are. If you are as big as fan as I am I would say yes. But if you are more of a casual fan I would say probably not.
I did o_O . I mean Halo is my main game, so I guess you can say I bought my Xbox for Halo in general...

If your asking if I would buy an Xbox FOR HALO 5..

yes, especially at this point in Halo 5's growth, theres a lot you get in the box for a cheap price.

Vanilla Halo 5 is debatable, youd have to have the want to invest time into halo and its community ultimately to make Vanilla Halo 5 worth your while.
If your just playing here and there. No real time invested into the community. You may need to pick up a few games. Or get a game that doesn't pressure you to invest into it. GTA5? Fallout? There just isn't enough stand alone content in H5 Vanilla for you to not get bored.. but that doesn't matter, right now Halo 5 has a lot of stuff. Its worth it. You can get lost in map making, to the arena, to warzone, not to mention co-op and solo campaign.. Though the population of h5 has surely gone down from its launch, its community is still strong enough to find people to play with as long as you put in a little effort.
People lots of times buy a system because of one game. Halo CE on Xbox, Sonic on Genesis, Zelda on Nintendo (take your pick lol) My buddy bought Sega Genesis just for Sonic the Hedgehog back in the day. He Absolutely loved that game. Sure, later on he got other games, but Sonic was the reason he got Genesis. Without it, he may of never gotten Sega Genesis. I have multiple friends who bought Xbox just for Halo CE or 2 and that is the only game they even have for it lol I myself bought PlayStation 1 for Wipeout XL after it was cancelled for Sega Saturn. That was the only game I had for so long (still own it today!) Later on I bought Castlevania Symphony of the Night for it as well.

It always starts with one game. If Halo 5 is that game for someone then so be it.

@OP Me personally, I don't think I'd buy Xbox 1 for just Halo 5... But it depends on how much you like it/Halo. Maybe when Halo 6 comes out I would, who knows.... Have to see how it is.
People lots of times buy a system because of one game. Halo CE on Xbox, Sonic on Genesis, Zelda on Nintendo (take your pick lol) I have multiple friends who bought Xbox just for Halo CE or 2 and that is the only game they even have for it lol I myself bought PlayStation 1 for Wipeout XL after it was cancelled for Sega Saturn. That was the only game I had for so long (still own it today!) Later on I bought Castlevania Symphony of the Night for it as well.

It always starts with one game. If Halo 5 is that game for someone then so be it.

@OP Me personally, I don't think I'd buy Xbox 1 for just Halo 5... But it depends on how much you like it/Halo. Maybe when Halo 6 comes out I would, who knows.... Have to see how it is.
I am thinking of getting Nintendo switch just for Mario kart... It looks pretty fun.
People lots of times buy a system because of one game. Halo CE on Xbox, Sonic on Genesis, Zelda on Nintendo (take your pick lol) My buddy bought Sega Genesis just for Sonic the Hedgehog back in the day. He Absolutely loved that game. Sure, later on he got other games, but Sonic was the reason he got Genesis. Without it, he may of never gotten Sega Genesis. I have multiple friends who bought Xbox just for Halo CE or 2 and that is the only game they even have for it lol I myself bought PlayStation 1 for Wipeout XL after it was cancelled for Sega Saturn. That was the only game I had for so long (still own it today!) Later on I bought Castlevania Symphony of the Night for it as well.

I'm aware that people do that, I just don't agree with it.

If there was a game that would entice me the most towards getting n Xbox, I would understand. But getting a "Halo box" was never something I'd do.
But for a franchise? I'd say yes to that. God of War and Uncharted are still appealing even though I don't have the money for a ps4.
LbonB312 wrote:
But for a franchise? I'd say yes to that. God of War and Uncharted are still appealing even though I don't have the money for a ps4.
If I was able to get an entire franchise then yeah I understand that.

I got the Xbox One Bundle with Assassin's Creed Black Flag & Unity in preparation for Syndicate, and MCC in preparation for Halo 5.
Yeah, but only if it also includes the MCC
LethalQ wrote:
People lots of times buy a system because of one game. Halo CE on Xbox, Sonic on Genesis, Zelda on Nintendo (take your pick lol) I have multiple friends who bought Xbox just for Halo CE or 2 and that is the only game they even have for it lol I myself bought PlayStation 1 for Wipeout XL after it was cancelled for Sega Saturn. That was the only game I had for so long (still own it today!) Later on I bought Castlevania Symphony of the Night for it as well.

I am thinking of getting Nintendo switch just for Mario kart... It looks pretty fun.
Kart and Odyssey plus Xenoblade and maybe Sonic Forces which I hear might be one of the better Sonics in a long time.

For H5? No unless it was seriously discounted a couple of hundred quid.
Yeah, I guess I would. Not only because I have the ability to play the latest game in the series (notice how I say latest - that's something I nearly always do with Halo games), but it opens the door to get other games on the platform as well.
Duplicate
LbonB312 wrote:
Specifically looking at the game itself, would you say the amount of content and the way it's presented and played makes an Xbox console purchase worth it? I'm just curious.
I did back in 2015. I maybe disqualified from your question because I got one with MCC. Up until halo wars 2; halo 5 was the only game I owned for the Xbox one. I went on to purchase for honor and Titan fall 2 both I sold within a month of playing them. Nothing has quite held my interest like halo 5. I will be purchasing destiny 2 so then maybe when I finally stop playing halo 5 altogether.

To further your point I would probably even purchase a new box if it was required for halo 6. Being in my late twenties and growing up with halo since 2001 the title just holds value to me.
I got an Xbone for MCC and H5 when it eventually came out. Even with the MCC disaster I still liked being able to play the campaigns again.

I'd probably be torn if I was in your position. H5 does have a lot of content, but it's in the latter days of its life and I don't think it's getting that much popular. There are also other games coming out in a few months, so I would probably get it for those games and then also get H5 as well just to have the game I guess.
Would I buy an Xbox one for Halo 5? No, I bought my Xbox one for Halo MCC!
Heck... I bought the Xbox One Halo 5 Console.... Specifically for this game. I also have the Halo 4 Console, and the Halo Reach console.... Sooooooo yeah. And the only reason I even bought an Xbox One was when MCC came out and I wanted to play all of the Halo games again.

I won't buy the new Xbox coming out later this year... Not until Halo 6 is introduced. I'm not much for video games. EXCEPT for Halo. Sure, there are folks that think it's crazy to buy a console for just ONE game. But hey. This one game, Halo, is the only game I enjoy playing. So it's worth it to me.
I bought the Xbox solely because of Halo 5 and MCC.

I would say that purchase I done was worth it and fun. So yeah, it's all down to you if you think you should get a console simply because of one game/franchise. Here's hoping that the next Halo games can do much better than the previous.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3