Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Would you buy an Xbox ONE for Halo 5: Gaurdians?

OP LbonB312

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Lmao I actually bought an Xbone for this game...worth it...I think...
Maybe now that I've played it maybe not, but I did get an Xbox one to play halo
I actually did but it was Christmas 2014. I got MCC and it included the H5 beta. H5 was fun at launch but has changed quite a bit. Arena is better, warzone is worse due to req overload. No way I'd buy an Xbone for H5 now. I actually just sold my Xbone a couple weeks ago, so my Halo 5 journey has gone full circle.
I bought an Xbox one to play halo 5 so...yes?
I'd say it was worth it for me. I originally got the xbox one specifically for Halo and I have over 2,000 hours in Halo 5 alone.
Well I bought a Switch just for Zelda, so...
Joking aside, probably not. I bought mine on Day One (og 2013 model) because that's what my friends were getting, and I didn't want to miss out on playing together with them. It was a gamble, sure, but it paid off. I had a PS3 before I got my 360. PlayStation Network was a pain to deal with. It was always down for maintenance or something, and they pushed out updates more than Activision puts out CoD games. Live is much easier to handle.
I switched over to PlayStation years ago. Once I heard the release of halo 5, I jumped ship and got myself an Xbox one.
I did. Both MCC and Halo 5, which could speak volumes to how big of a sucker I am. Both games were bust.
Through the years I've always upgraded my xbox just to play Halo. I'm obviously a big fan and will continue to upgrade in the future. Plus you can back pedal and buy MCC or the new legacy halo games that are coming out soon...
I've stayed with Xbox just for halo, I got my xbox one just for MCC and H5! If you're literally only getting it for H5 I'd say it's not worth it but if you're getting it for H5 and future halo games + other Microsoft exclusives + all the other things xbox offers I'd say defiantly get one!
Yes, if you're a Halo fan. This is the best since Reach multiplayer wise. Campaign is pretty lackluster, though. Back in the day, people would buy 360s just for H3, things have changed a lot though.
Well I already bought it so can't say anything about that. I thought it was Ok.
LbonB312 wrote:
Specifically looking at the game itself, would you say the amount of content and the way it's presented and played makes an Xbox console purchase worth it? I'm just curious.
No, I would not buy an Xbox One for Halo 5 alone. I have too many other games that I enjoy, I bought the original Xbox with Halo CE, Sega GT and Buffy, I don't think I've ever bought a console for one title. I bought my PS4 with Nioh, Horizon and a view to getting Wipeout, which I now have. I think some players might, but not me.
I literally did just for halo 5...K-kinda regretting it though..I'll see if halo 6 would still be worth keeping xbox.
I literally did just for halo 5...K-kinda regretting it though..I'll see if halo 6 would still be worth keeping xbox.
I got an original Xbox just for Halo, a 360 just for Halo. I was fortunate to have won an Xbox one and I was hyped for mcc which turned out to be a disaster and still is today. I bought halo 5...i would definitely NOT buy an Xbox for this game, biggest disappointment in the series(not counting Mcc ofc), I've put more time in any other halo. I have not bought hw2 and will not but halo 6. I and many other players have spoken with our wallets after mcc and halo 5 and will continue to do so, halo 5s sales numbers, as well as hw2 have been arguably some of the worst in the series, speaks for itself.
I waited to purchase an Xbox One until 2014 for two reasons:

1) I never, ever, EVER buy a first edition console because it could be riddled with multiple problems
2) I bought it for the MCC, and yes, eventually Halo 5.

I would purchase an Xbox solely for any Halo title. However I do admit I'm a bit shaken at both launches for the MCC and Halo 5. Halo 6's launch performance will be the judge for me in determining if I'll buy the new console for the next Halo title, assuming the next Halo game after Halo 6 will be on the next one.
No, I would buy a X1 for an Upgrade of Games since 360 might be getting online shut down apparently
I got an original Xbox just for Halo, a 360 just for Halo. I was fortunate to have won an Xbox one and I was hyped for mcc which turned out to be a disaster and still is today. I bought halo 5...i would definitely NOT buy an Xbox for this game, biggest disappointment in the series(not counting Mcc ofc), I've put more time in any other halo. I have not bought hw2 and will not but halo 6. I and many other players have spoken with our wallets after mcc and halo 5 and will continue to do so, halo 5s sales numbers, as well as hw2 have been arguably some of the worst in the series, speaks for itself.
For me tbh, I got it for that Crash bandicoot game on the original Xbox (I forgot what it was called), until I got into halo & enjoyed the hell out it ever since
Yes, being a classic halo fan, i bought an Xbox one almost entirely so that I could play halo 5
It's the reason I did it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3